Blackburn Beverley???

Thread: Blackburn Beverley???

Blackburn Beverley???

Wasn't there a Blackburn Beverley in the works a while back? Last year maybe? Just wondering what ever happened to it.

Tommy
    FSX Steam Edition (R.I.P. FSX Acceleration disks)
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram (R.I.P. WIN XP Home Edition, 2 Gigs Ram)
    ASUS P7P55D DeluxeIntel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    G.SKILL KM570 RBG (Cherry MX Blue), Logitech M510
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 (R.I.P. EVGA GTX 285, 1GB 512-bit DDR3)
    ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

Lazarus (aka LLS) did a native FSX conversion of Ralph Pegram's FS9 Blackburn Beverley C Mk.1 which can be found in the SOH library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Beverley_X-zip

And last year, Manfred Jahn showed a video of what appears to be a new model. His comment to the video was: "Just testing some stuff (...)", not sure if this is a new model he intends to release, the thread has not been updated since November:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1161292

Manfred Jahn is/was working on a new model. There was some screenshots, but I can't find the thread now.

Why hello, friends of British heavy metal...

It's still under construction, sort of... actually, no guarantee it'll ever get finished as motivation, I am sorry to say, is a bit flagging, and I tend to get sidetracked. Anyway, what I have of her is flying; the exterior almost done (see pic); no interior yet; VC very basic but with dimmable gauge lighting and raindrop effect (in P3D). More I can't say; we'll see if the project progresses when I get back from hols.

Thanks for the update mjahn.

I've been futzing around with ORBX's new Australia V2 scenery lately, mostly in the outback, and was looking for something more rough and tumble (and oddball) to fly out there. Hence the Blackburn Beverley came to mind.

Yeah, I remember those screen shots you posted previously. Really nice work!

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

It's still under construction, sort of... actually, no guarantee it'll ever get finished as motivation, I am sorry to say, is a bit flagging, and I tend to get sidetracked. Anyway, what I have of her is flying; the exterior almost done (see pic); no interior yet; VC very basic but with dimmable gauge lighting and raindrop effect (in P3D). More I can't say; we'll see if the project progresses when I get back from hols.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram (R.I.P. WIN XP Home Edition, 2 Gigs Ram)
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 (R.I.P. EVGA GTX 285, 1GB 512-bit DDR3)
    ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

Thanks for the link! I forgot about that one.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Lazarus (aka LLS) did a native FSX conversion of Ralph Pegram's FS9 Blackburn Beverley C Mk.1 which can be found in the SOH library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Beverley_X-zip
    ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

That is looking great Manfred, I hope you really enjoy your holiday and come back full of enthusiasm to complete your Beverley. It used to be a fantastic noise with 4 Centaurus engines in close formation rumbling along at a leisurely pace. They don't make flying machines like that anymore, no airspeed indicator needed, a calendar was sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    .....no airspeed indicator needed, a calendar was sufficient.

LOL! That's a good one!

Tommy
    ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

The Beverley was equipped with toilets, which were situated in the tail beyond the paratroop hatch located on the floor of the tailboom. One fatality was caused by a serviceman who fell twenty feet to the ground when exiting the toilet, unaware that the paratroop hatch had been opened.

Imagine coming from the ****ter all merry and relieved and then dying in a way only known from comics and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The Beverley was equipped with toilets, which were situated in the tail beyond the paratroop hatch located on the floor of the tailboom. One fatality was caused by a serviceman who fell twenty feet to the ground when exiting the toilet, unaware that the paratroop hatch had been opened.

Imagine coming from the ****ter all merry and relieved and then dying in a way only known from comics and cartoons.
    My dad almost fell out of a Beverley over the Alps in 1959, flying home while on National Service in Cyprus - he was throwing out a bag of refuse when the slipstream caught it and nearly dragged him with it. A Flight Sergeant leaped forward and grabbed him just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    My dad almost fell out of a Beverley over the Alps in 1959, flying home while on National Service in Cyprus - he was throwing out a bag of refuse when the slipstream caught it and nearly dragged him with it. A Flight Sergeant leaped forward and grabbed him just in time.
    I don't approve of this waste disposal method, but I figure back then nobody cared.

SOH-CM-2019
    The Beverly was fitted with several p**s tubes. Imagine a plane full of squaddies on a long flight, peeing all over the unsuspecting people below. Little did they know.

We had them in the Hastings also, and many a time they got blocked by cigarette butts. We kept a long length of wire ready to clear the blockage. Not a nice job.

Den.

Not fitted with a 'Jobbie Weecha' then?

just to quantify...

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    Not fitted with a 'Jobbie Weecha' then?
    https://youtu.be/ddUNTvJh_iw

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post

Yes a classic.

Members who have read this thread: 255