Blackburn Beverley???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Beverley???

Blackburn Beverley???

Wasn't there a Blackburn Beverley in the works a while back? Last year maybe? Just wondering what ever happened to it.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Lazarus (aka LLS) did a native FSX conversion of Ralph Pegram's FS9 Blackburn Beverley C Mk.1 which can be found in the SOH library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Beverley_X-zip

And last year, Manfred Jahn showed a video of what appears to be a new model. His comment to the video was: "Just testing some stuff (...)", not sure if this is a new model he intends to release, the thread has not been updated since November:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1161292

Manfred Jahn is/was working on a new model. There was some screenshots, but I can't find the thread now.

Why hello, friends of British heavy metal...

It's still under construction, sort of... actually, no guarantee it'll ever get finished as motivation, I am sorry to say, is a bit flagging, and I tend to get sidetracked. Anyway, what I have of her is flying; the exterior almost done (see pic); no interior yet; VC very basic but with dimmable gauge lighting and raindrop effect (in P3D). More I can't say; we'll see if the project progresses when I get back from hols.

Thanks for the update mjahn.

I've been futzing around with ORBX's new Australia V2 scenery lately, mostly in the outback, and was looking for something more rough and tumble (and oddball) to fly out there. Hence the Blackburn Beverley came to mind.

Yeah, I remember those screen shots you posted previously. Really nice work!

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

It's still under construction, sort of... actually, no guarantee it'll ever get finished as motivation, I am sorry to say, is a bit flagging, and I tend to get sidetracked. Anyway, what I have of her is flying; the exterior almost done (see pic); no interior yet; VC very basic but with dimmable gauge lighting and raindrop effect (in P3D). More I can't say; we'll see if the project progresses when I get back from hols.

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Thanks for the link! I forgot about that one.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Lazarus (aka LLS) did a native FSX conversion of Ralph Pegram's FS9 Blackburn Beverley C Mk.1 which can be found in the SOH library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Beverley_X-zip
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

That is looking great Manfred, I hope you really enjoy your holiday and come back full of enthusiasm to complete your Beverley. It used to be a fantastic noise with 4 Centaurus engines in close formation rumbling along at a leisurely pace. They don't make flying machines like that anymore, no airspeed indicator needed, a calendar was sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    .....no airspeed indicator needed, a calendar was sufficient.

LOL! That's a good one!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

The Beverley was equipped with toilets, which were situated in the tail beyond the paratroop hatch located on the floor of the tailboom. One fatality was caused by a serviceman who fell twenty feet to the ground when exiting the toilet, unaware that the paratroop hatch had been opened.

Imagine coming from the ****ter all merry and relieved and then dying in a way only known from comics and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The Beverley was equipped with toilets, which were situated in the tail beyond the paratroop hatch located on the floor of the tailboom. One fatality was caused by a serviceman who fell twenty feet to the ground when exiting the toilet, unaware that the paratroop hatch had been opened.

Imagine coming from the ****ter all merry and relieved and then dying in a way only known from comics and cartoons.
    My dad almost fell out of a Beverley over the Alps in 1959, flying home while on National Service in Cyprus - he was throwing out a bag of refuse when the slipstream caught it and nearly dragged him with it. A Flight Sergeant leaped forward and grabbed him just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    My dad almost fell out of a Beverley over the Alps in 1959, flying home while on National Service in Cyprus - he was throwing out a bag of refuse when the slipstream caught it and nearly dragged him with it. A Flight Sergeant leaped forward and grabbed him just in time.
    I don't approve of this waste disposal method, but I figure back then nobody cared.

SOH-CM-2021
    The Beverly was fitted with several p**s tubes. Imagine a plane full of squaddies on a long flight, peeing all over the unsuspecting people below. Little did they know.

We had them in the Hastings also, and many a time they got blocked by cigarette butts. We kept a long length of wire ready to clear the blockage. Not a nice job.

Den.

Not fitted with a 'Jobbie Weecha' then?

just to quantify...

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    Not fitted with a 'Jobbie Weecha' then?
    https://youtu.be/ddUNTvJh_iw

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post

Yes a classic.

Update Project MJ Beverley

Originally wanted to do it for P3D PBR only but have decided to do FSX as well. Here are some progress pictures. Note, textures without any bumps or specs so far. Some features:

- VC finished with custom Autopilot, embedded AILA gauge for ILS and GCA approaches to all runways in sim, variable intensity flood and gauge lighting.
    - high intensity taxi and landing lights.
    - detailed cargo doors and loading ramp.

That is absolutely stunning work. You're incredibly talented, and we're all lucky you love aircraft!

Mark

Blackburn Beverley

Hi all,

Now that looks a stunning aircraft, it's great work. To say the VC is incomplete makes me wonder just how good it will be when it is complete. I'd deffinately welcome an FSX version in my hanger, no matter how slow it flies.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    The Beverly was fitted with several p**s tubes. Imagine a plane full of squaddies on a long flight, peeing all over the unsuspecting people below. Little did they know.

Den.
    Not just aircraft you know, we had that in surveillance vans. Not so much fun for the ladies though. Look away officer.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Not just aircraft you know, we had that in surveillance vans. Not so much fun for the ladies though. Look away officer.
    It was also bad in the surveillance van if one of the previous users had missed the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I've actually wondered about that in the past.

As for the Beverly, I'm definitely looking forward to being able to fly this again, especially with MJ's talent behind it.

We had a single "P-tube" in the "Sea King". On a cross country flight out of NAS NORVA one night we had to circle a VOR (FAK) four times so the whole crew could say, "We pi$$ed on a 'flat rock' during the flight".

Originally wanted to do it for P3D PBR only but have decided to do FSX as well.

......for FSX!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

So......none of these aircraft ever found their way into military surplus sales...? You know.....Alaska....Northern Canada...South America..? I'm certain a few slipped out....I'll check the Encyclopedia Photoshop, under "Buffalo...."

Maybe it's just my Magoo Memory....

Members who have read this thread: 0