Assetto Corsa Formula 1 Circuits

Thread: Assetto Corsa Formula 1 Circuits

Assetto Corsa Formula 1 Circuits

I thought I would ask here for a bit of info.

I have been looking around for a good Formula 1 racing sim which is VR compatible (Oculus Rift). By the looks of it, with Assetto Corsa and the DLC there are quite a few good Formula 1 cars with several age and model variations. I don't have any experience or knowledge of Assetto Corsa. Is it good visually and performance wise in VR? Are there any current or historical F1 circuits in this sim?

I have also been looking at Project Cars 2 ( I have PC1), and rFactor2. I have heard good things about both these racing sims too. I do want something with a realistic feel and road/car dynamics, that performs well and looks great in VR.

Does anyone have any recommendations on these racing sims? Should I get one over the others, or maybe all of them (eventually).

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

My observations only here.

I could never get RF2 working to a level that I was happy with, shame as RF1 was a favorite and it remains as my 'Go Too' Classic 1960 something sim.

PC2 has great graphics and works for me but the content is restricted, there is really very little Formula 1 content aside from the Lotus Classics.
    The included Formula A is fictional and not to my taste.

That leaves AC, the range of suitable circuits varies from really very good to really mediocre.
    But the good ones (Imola 1994 for example) are excellent. Most of the KUNOS circuits that suit F1 are decent enough, however they are a little static compared to PC1 and PC2.
    Open wheelers are generally good, I do like the various F1 series from 1961, 1966 and 1975 (ish), while the assortment of later cars is scattered but generally good.

There is a Payware 'Formula 1' series that mimics the current series, not my scene at all but both Ferry and Noddy have used it so hopefully they will comment.
    The one fictional but more or less contemporary series I do like is 'RSS Formula RSS 3 v6', very good dynamics and a great selection of skins.

I'd suggest AC as the best compromise Scott, the car and circuit content is pretty good, even if the scenery is a bit naff.

Go here to get an idea of what is available (just ignore the buttheads and the muppets) and IIRC you can get AC on Steam for a discounted price.

https://www.racedepartment.com/

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks Wombat, that's very helpful info.
    Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    You might want to check out Jimmy Broadbent's Youtube channel, as he does a lot of his videos in AC and some in VR as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq-...RoTK5jr6TBOYag

The RSS F1, F2 and F3 (It is not fictional Wombat, but the current FIA F3 car, based on the GP3 car) cars are very nice, don't know how it would work in VR though as I'm not using that.
    Last edited by Ferry_vO; July 17th, 2019 at 11:11.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I stand corrected Ferry.
    Guess that shows how little I follow current FIA formulas.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks for the info Ferry.

I have downloaded the mod you suggested Wombat, so I guess I'm getting Assetto Corsa. I'll probably get the bundle on Steam, as it's around $50 AUD for everything.

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0