LPH-4 Hornet (CV-21), LPH-5 Princeton (CV-37), Valley FoLPH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LPH-4 Hornet (CV-21), LPH-5 Princeton (CV-37), Valley FoLPH

LPH-4 Hornet (CV-21), LPH-5 Princeton (CV-37), Valley FoLPH

Hi all,

first shots from the models i did in the last two month. LPH-4 Hornet (ex CV-21), LPH-5 Princeton (ex CV-37) and LPH-8 Valley Forge (CV-45). All Models come from origninal Mr. Gleneinning Hornet.Changed all the arming (remove most AA gun and different numbers of normal guns),the bridge and many other things.
    All of them will come in different outfits for the timeline after korean war to the vietnam war. Three or four different models each.
    The LHP-5 Princeton also will show a model that builds the recovery ship from Apollo 10 mission.

All models nearly ready but still some texturing work is to do.

LPH-4 Hornet (ex CV-21) Vietnam and 1956 outfit

[IMG][/IMG]

LPH-5 Princeton (ex CV-37) in 1959 and Apollo 10 Recovery

[IMG] [/IMG]

LPH-8 Valley Forge (CV-45) in Vietnam and 1960

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope you will like them when they are ready

greetings
    Klaus

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36270664iw.jpg  

And also some pictures from the John F.Kennedy CV-67. Origninal is the Nimitz class carrier from Javier Fernandez. I'm looking fore an EMail adress fromhimto ask for permission, but cant find anything.is someone in here to send me his EMail Adress to ask for his permission to share his model to the comunityin here ?

It is also nearly redy with a redone bridge an many other things to look like the John F.Kennedy CV-67. But without his permission there is no way to share.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

so if anybody can please send a EMail adress.... would be very helpfull. Thanks

greetings
    Klaus

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Will share other pics from FSX in the near future

greetings
    Klaus

Isn't CV-21 / LPH-4 the USS Boxer? USS Hornet is CV-12.

Blog Entries
    Those shots look awesome.

An Apollo recovery ship fit would be a first ever in any sim (except Orbiter).

You have no idea how excited I am.

Will CV-67 be a modern fit or an older fit?

Cheers,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Isn't CV-21 / LPH-4 the USS Boxer? USS Hornet is CV-12.
    Right.... wrong name. Bag your pardon. Did the CV-12 last days as recovery ship from Apollo 11. But that's just for myself because base modell is payware from CIMOGT. So i had this name in mind when i wrote here.

Picture CV-12 will come tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    And also some pictures from the John F.Kennedy CV-67. Origninal is the Nimitz class carrier from Javier Fernandez. I'm looking fore an EMail adress fromhimto ask for permission, but cant find anything.is someone in here to send me his EMail Adress to ask for his permission to share his model to the comunityin here ?

It is also nearly redy with a redone bridge an many other things to look like the John F.Kennedy CV-67. But without his permission there is no way to share.

so if anybody can please send a EMail adress.... would be very helpfull. Thanks

greetings
    Klaus
    I'll dig it up and PM you Javier's email. With his permission we used his FA-18s and SH-60's as starting points for the deck eye candy on the upcoming Final Cruises version of the Enterprise.

I am simply speechless at the detail klnowak. Thank you in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    ....Picture CV-12 will come tomorrow.
    Two pictures of CV-12 Hornet just getting Apollo 11 onto the carrier.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

But this is not the right model for the CV-12 Hornet....modificaion of this carrier is not the right one.

greetings
    Klaus

Blog Entries
    Outstanding renders, and talk about a timely project.

Thanks Klaus!

dl

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

True eye candy... CV Hornet and the Columbia mothership

Hi klnowak,

what a great fest for my eyes.... really surprising these fine pictures!....

A little dream...
    It´s possible to add the columbia capsule to the CV-11 Hornet package as an independent object?
    (additionally with three astronauts as objects?)... to place them with ai carriers and to rescue them with my Seaking and its winch?

However I am pleased to see the finished product...Please go ahead!

Many greetings

RS

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

True eye candy... CV Hornet and the Columbia mothership

Hi klnowak,

what a great fest for my eyes.... really surprising these fine pictures!....

A little dream...
    It´s possible to add the columbia capsule to the CV-12 Hornet package as an independent object?
    (additionally with three astronauts as objects?)... to place them with ai carriers and to rescue them with my Seaking and its winch?

However I am pleased to see the finished product...Please go ahead!

Many greetings

RS

Certainly, the landing capsule can be designed as an independent object and attached to the LPH carriers. I will prepare that.

However, CV-12 Hornet is not, as previously stated, a project that I will release as it is a payware of CIMOGT. I just changed that out of fun for myself.
    But elsewhere http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...!-CVT-16/page3
    gp183601 has presented a carrier project, which represents the really suitable stage and suitable carrier. Should this eventually become a freeware project, I will ask him for permission to make a modification to his work. At least I'm really looking forward to the release.

greetings
    Klaus

Rescue Apollo 11 Crew.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Will be scenery and also "aircraft"

greetings
    Klaus

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

* Columbia and its crew has landed in the FSX seas.... *

Hi klnowak

that´s really fine suprising stuff - right when celebrating the first man on moon con 21th July 1969....

A big Thank you !

...and can you reveal who of the guys in the pictures is Neil Amstrong?

Many greetings

RS

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Just an idea...

Just an idea... a modern version of your Apollo 11 Scenery/objects:

Elon Musk´s SPACE X crew capsule and its pilots ... to rescuse with a today´s Seahawk... ( Yes....I know - in reality they want to rescue the capsule with the crew onboard - drawing the capsule onto a special rescue ship...)

Hmmhh...the capsule could be an AI airplane object with an flightplan starting in the air and landing on the sea?... I think about an old soldier parachute drop gauge in FS2004...

Just an idea....

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Space x capsule.jpg   space x capusle 2.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping we can let Klaus focus on the already-ambitious programme he has going on. Just my view.

Klaus - it's insanely well modelled, and almost perfectly timed. I'm looking forward to this whenever you release it - it'll be heavily enjoyed.

For those that don't know, I started a thread yeas ago on a revamped Cape Canaveral from the 1969s during the Mercury period. It adds a bunch of launchers, creating a gorgeous Missile Row, and removes the VAB. Details here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l-an-FSX-first!

Making this relevant to the Apollo programme, I created two "Capes" installs - a 1962 version, as per the above, and then a 1970 version, which had the VAB added back in. It created a lovely atmospheric version of the Apollo period. There's an Apollo V stack on LC-39A. That came from an FS2004 file that I can't find at the moment.

Just a few nuggets in case folks want to mark the event while the recovery ship project unfolds.

cheers,

dl

A little test flying in FSX.

greetings
    Klaus

Amazing...
    How can you possibly do that so well and so quickly?

Bravo!

(Next Saturn 5? With flames and roars? Kidding)

and recover astronauts from Apollo 11...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCNhgY6r5o

Apollo11 model is ai-traffic in this case.

greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I'm hoping we can let Klaus focus on the already-ambitious programme he has going on. Just my view.

Klaus - it's insanely well modelled, and almost perfectly timed. I'm looking forward to this whenever you release it - it'll be heavily enjoyed.

For those that don't know, I started a thread yeas ago on a revamped Cape Canaveral from the 1969s during the Mercury period. It adds a bunch of launchers, creating a gorgeous Missile Row, and removes the VAB. Details here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l-an-FSX-first!

Making this relevant to the Apollo programme, I created two "Capes" installs - a 1962 version, as per the above, and then a 1970 version, which had the VAB added back in. It created a lovely atmospheric version of the Apollo period. There's an Apollo V stack on LC-39A. That came from an FS2004 file that I can't find at the moment.

Just a few nuggets in case folks want to mark the event while the recovery ship project unfolds.

cheers,

dl
    Looks great DL but it looks like the links broken anywhere else I can get it.

Many Thanks

Hooky

EDIT:,Scratch that found it flightsim.com
    Last edited by Hooky722; July 20th, 2019 at 04:50.

And CV-45 Valley Forge in her Korean days with F-9F on her deck.

greetings
    Klaus

Upload for the LPH and the CV-45 Valley Forge in Korean War time is done.

greetings
    klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; July 21st, 2019 at 02:28.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

A big Thank you !!!

Hi klnowak

it´s not obvious that people share their work with others for free. Seen from that point a very big "Thank you" for providing the ships!

Remark to all interested...:
    I´ve coincidentally found an ongoing Gemini/Apollo simulator project from reentry.com...the thing is really looking good....

Source:www.http://reentrygame.com

Many greetings

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project apollo1.jpg   Project apollo2.jpg   Project apollo3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0