X-Plane IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL

Thread: X-Plane IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL

Blog Entries

X-Plane IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCczkOH34HU
    Q8Pilot
    Published on Jul 14, 2019

Here is an X-Plane 11 cinematic video, a tribute to all X-Plane fans. It took me 6 hours in total to create those 2:12 minutes. Enjoy the show!Q8Pilot videos are powered by VirtualFly (https://www.virtual-fly.com/)

This really is an amazing simulation!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

You know, even when it's not beautiful, it's beautiful. I just did an MD-80 flight from KBWI to KISP in real weather - July haze - and the view out the window was so realistic, I had to keep telling myself I was in the sim. Not having that experience in P3D these days. I've experimented with X-Plane in the past but now I think I'm on the way to becoming a convert. Either it's reached critical mass or - more likely - I have. Looking forward to more explorations.

Big Q8 Pilot fan, by the way, but hadn't seen this one - thanks for posting.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    I agree. There is so much depth to X-Plane 11 and now the freeware is catching up with the pay sites...especially in the scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    You know, even when it's not beautiful, it's beautiful. I just did an MD-80 flight from KBWI to KISP in real weather - July haze - and the view out the window was so realistic, I had to keep telling myself I was in the sim. Not having that experience in P3D these days. I've experimented with X-Plane in the past but now I think I'm on the way to becoming a convert. Either it's reached critical mass or - more likely - I have. Looking forward to more explorations.

Big Q8 Pilot fan, by the way, but hadn't seen this one - thanks for posting.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I'm giving it a run.
    Probably as I'm really fed up with FSX, and I just want to look into a whole different sim.
    Still keeping up with P3D of course, but X Plane is a sim that I've tinkered with over the years and XP11 seems to be more user friendly than (for example) XP7.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Wombat! What's up man, loong time!

I'm here, too. FSX will remain for some time, but I'm getting deeper and deeper into XP. There are so many things it does so right, and a few misses. It's hard to decide, but the addon library I have for FSX definitely keeps it alive moreso.

I am really digging XP, though. I wish a few things were better, but their Dev seems involved, sadly, unlike MS with just dumping FSX even after it was a reasonably good success.

Off to try to get some time in.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Blog Entries
    I look at FSX as that wonderful childhood friend you move away from; always missed, always loved, but an anachronism of the past best left there and enjoyed in fond memories. My but we have grown...

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I look at FSX as that wonderful childhood friend you move away from; always missed, always loved, but an anachronism of the past best left there and enjoyed in fond memories. My but we have grown...
    That's very well put. X-Plane does have some truly awesome things going for it.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Members who have read this thread: 0