computer freezing up after FSX run

Thread: computer freezing up after FSX run

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

computer freezing up after FSX run

We were out of town for about 10 days recently and upon return I restarted the machine and everything appeared to be running normally. I also installed the Aeroplane Heaven He-111P into my FSX. After that evolution I've gotten several instances where the sim locked up during use, or the machine has locked up even after the sim is shut down. I have Avira running here and one of the things I'm using is a service of theirs that checks startup functions and tells me how long it's taking for the machine to start. The last run was 250 seconds. Avira says the startup is optimized already. The AH He-111P has been removed from FSX and I've got an email in to them to determine what could have caused the shutdowns after the sim was closed out. Has anyone experienced a similar problem due to restart after being shut down for a while - or after adding a particular aircraft or scenery?

Did your computer return to normal functioning after un-installing the Aeroplane Heaven He-111?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Yes, sir, it has - it's been about 18 hours since removal and I've even run the sim with the Virtavia F-105 for FSX, and everything was fine. Haven't heard back from the AH folks yet (I sent them a note about this issue).

Then it is something in the He-111 software, my guess would be it is a .dll file that is causing the issue.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Haven't heard a thing from AH developers about this issue, and they've got my email. Not going to reinstall it until I hear from them about possible fixes - I'd like to see if they concur with your estimation of the cause.

BTW this is an excellent addition to the sim, shame to have this problem with it. I never realized the He-111 didn't have parking brakes - those chocks were vital on the ground. Your eyes are moving around the cockpit a lot in that thing, instruments seemed to be installed wherever there was room for them, although to be sure the primary flying instruments were where they belonged, in front of the pilot.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    stansdds, I have a question - when I was on the AH website they said removal of the He-111P from FSX would entail just removing the aircraft folder in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder. No other actions were necessary. If so, that means any .dll that, in your opinion, might be causing this situation would reside in the aircraft folder which was removed. I'm not that conversant where those .dlls go, but isn't it usually in the "modules" folder? If so, how do you think I'd find the one belonging to the He-111?

dll files are usually in either the "modules" folder or in the main FSX folder. You might try to arrange the files by the date they were modified and see if you find anything.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. I went through the "modules" folder already and saw nothing from around the announced development/release date of the -111 but will take another look plus at the main folder. I'll let you know what I find.

EDIT: Just finished taking a look at "modules" again, plus at the main folder. I don't know the development period of this release by AH so considered only .dlls dated 2017 or later. The Modules folder .dlls are confined to FSUIPC4. In the main folder are these dated from 2017 on:

Ckpsound.dll dated 4/19/2017
    d3dx10_34.dll dated 4/19/2017
    dx10fixerlib.dll dated 4/29/2017
    dx10SharedLib.dll dated 4/29/2017
    lua5.1.dll dated 3/15/2017
    OpenAL32.dll dated 10/11/2018
    sardlt.dll dated 4/19/2017

Just for fun I checked the main FSX folder looking for an "AH" or "Aeroplane Heaven" file, but there was nothing like that in that folder.

Something I've been wondering about is the enclosure in the main He-111 folder of a texture for the aircraft that was modeled using some new process they have developed at AH. I'm wondering if that contained something that just didn't agree with my system. I never called the texture up for use, only saw it in the aircraft selection list.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Have heard nothing for one week from AH since submitting my question about this situation. Submitting a new thread with a new title to see if I can get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Have heard nothing for one week from AH since submitting my question about this situation. Submitting a new thread with a new title to see if I can get a response.
    I hope you submitted to AH directly, this is not there support forum.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    I have Avira running here...
    Did you try disabling Avira when running it? It's a good antivirus program but does, occasionally, interact oddly with things.

Members who have read this thread: 0