What the................?

Thread: What the................?

What the................?

I don't know currently if this is a problem related to the airplane I'm working on (A.F.Scrub F4B-2) or FSX itself. This started this morning. . .never seen this in all the years I've been simming.
    I went to check the cause of the error and this is what Microsoft gave me as a way to find and correct it:

Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

One way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to replace the pure virtual function with an implementation that calls the Windows API function DebugBreak. When using the debugger, DebugBreak will cause a hard-coded breakpoint. When the code stops running at this breakpoint, you can view the callstack to see where the function was called.

Another way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to set a breakpoint on the _purecall function that is found in PureVirt.c. Breaking on this function has the advantage of keeping the stack intact so that you can trace what is occurring.

Alllll righty then. . .lol Makes perfect sense to me.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I think these "pure virtual function call" errors are well-known, but I can't remember right now what they are related to. Maybe it was about C++ runtimes, or maybe video drivers...

Members who have read this thread: 0