This would fun on a damp road.......not!

Thread: This would fun on a damp road.......not!

This would fun on a damp road.......not!

One of my old shots from 1994(?) at the Albert Park Rally.
    The car is a GMH Torana, mid size sedan powered by the trusty GMH straight six in cooking form, but in 'Hoon' mode (SLR5000) a 5 Litre GMH V8 was the go to power plant.
    This caught my eye as it was wearing 'SLR8000' on the sides, sure enough, if you look closely you will not only see a 7+ Litre Chrysler Hemi squeezed in place but the revered name 'Keith Black' stamped toward the front lower corner of the block.
    To top it all off the boot had a very tidy NOX system in place.

FTR, it was road registered!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

7-litre how about this 8-litre monster! It looks like the same car but the image is reversed? The Rad hose is not braided in this one.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features...e8-howard-bell

In black!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I think that must be the same car, my shots are rather average as it was 1994 when I took them and my EOS was aging ungracefully.
    Colour cast is not very good but it is a problem I had with Fujifilm Green 400 ASA at the time.
    But mine are right reading, interesting as the Keith Black stamp is not visible in your screen grab Ted.
    The black (Fugly) car is a Torana A8X Hatch, the 'SLR8000' is a 4 door sedan.
    'Street Machine' magazine seem to have cocked their shot up, the radiator cap and the NOX bottle are on the opposite side to mine, and I think the vin plate reads wrong way round.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Seems the mag didn't proofread this. Good to have another reference and think the radiator hose is blocking the Keith Black stamp. Amazes me the tech that goes into putting a big V8 into a small chassis.

Oh there is a Mad Max car in Canada. Nick's garage on youtube shows him working on it.

Brief look at Mad Max replica...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmLkbfRrk_I

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 0