P3Dv4 not keeping keybinds

Thread: P3Dv4 not keeping keybinds

P3Dv4 not keeping keybinds

In addition to my Warthog HOTAS, I have a pair of DSD button boxes for extra toggle switches and buttons. P3D recognizes them as extra individual devices.
    However for some odd reason, when I program them with a key function, they're deleted each time I fire up the sim. Only those though, not on the Warthog.

Any advice?
    I pass gas!

So that means the buttons you have specifically assigned to your Warthog (NOT default assignements) are kept ?
    I was going to ask you if your P3D is launched "as an administrator", but if it can keep the assignments for one of the devices, then it's probably not related to admin mode... :/ Else it would just loose everything every time.

Thanks for the check on Admin mode. Yeah, its really odd as to why it would keep one (or more devices) but not certain ones. Stick, throttle and pedals are fine.
    I pass gas!

As a workaround, did you try to save your settings in a custom file, then reload them manually on next startup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    As a workaround, did you try to save your settings in a custom file, then reload them manually on next startup ?
    Thanks, I was wondering about that. Is that the P3D.cfg file?

Cheers
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering about that. Is that the P3D.cfg file?

Cheers
    No, it's a different file, an XML file if I remember correctly.
    Just give it a try:
    - go to your assignment options
    - edit your assignments as you want
    - press the SAVE button somewhere on the bottom of the screen. It should ask you for a custom file name that it will create, with your assignments inside.
    - on subsequent startup, go back to the assignments options
    - press the LOAD button
    - select the file you had created previously
    - check if the assignments are back.

I have the same issue with SLEW mode key controls. I have the file saved as My Control Preferences... and I have to load it EVERY time I want to SLEW.... otherwise, everything else is fine....

Keeps one head scratching.....

Best- Carl

Members who have read this thread: 0