Alphasim Hallybags are now released & development thread! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Hallybags are now released & development thread!

ALPHA Halifax C8 + Halton UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: ALPHA Halifax C8 & Halton for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an update of the conversion of the Alphasim Halifax C8 & Halton done by Shessi. It is uploaded as a complete aircraft for ease of install.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. The .dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects. Payloads included are various cargo options using the FDG C-47 cargo weapons, & they are not visible, they are simply there to affect aircraft handling.

The 2D panel has been made WIN7+ safe.

The passenger door opens with the normal cockpit open/close command.

The textures included are: Halifax CVIII

GR - A, PP332 of 301 squadron RAF, circa 1946. Painted in the camo over Azure Blue Transport Command scheme from the immediate post war period, & provided with a dulled down mdl.

G-AIAR of British American Air Services, from the time frame of the Berlin Airlift, 1949.

G-AIHY of Lancashire Air Corporation, again from the time frame of the Berlin Airlift, 1949.

Halton: Three different schemes for the same aircraft, G-AHDM

G-AHDM "Falmouth" of BOAC circa 1947.

G-AHDM of Westminster Airways in 1949.

G-AHDM of WEstminster Airways just prior to their demise in 1950.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Shessi for the original conversion, & Alphasim for the original aircraft.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax C8 + Halton UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Great stuff, UT! Its been worth the wait!

Thanks
    MR

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

First class work. Thanks Uncle!

Small note: as Shessi & others before me have found out, the cowl flap animation didn't make through the conversion process.

Blog Entries
    Great work UT
    Thanks for the bird

Beepee

ALPHA Halifax BIII UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: ALPHA Halifax BIII for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an update of the conversion of the Alphasim Halifax BIII done by Shessi & separately by Peperez. It is uploaded as a complete aircraft for ease of install.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. The dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects.

The 2D panel & Bombsight has been made WIN7+ safe. Peperez' gunner view bitmaps have been similarly made WIN 7+ safe, but not included in the panel.cfg

The crew door opens with the normal cockpit open/close command, bomb bay doors with the Spoiler key (D). Unfortunately the cowl flaps animation didn't make it.

The new dp file required some creative thinking, as RAF Hallybags almost always carried payloads almost entirely consisting of Incendiaries. I adapted Shessi's 4000lb Cookie to make it's slim-line cousin, the 2000lb Cookie. I similarly adapted Allen's M10 Rocket weapon (because it was multi-LOD) & using alpha channels was able to give a poor facsimile of how a load of 4lb incendiaries might appear just after release. Until something better comes along , it's the best I could come up with! The payloads reflect typical "standardized" RAF Bomber Command load-outs for 1943 onward.

This time just a single texture is included: LW430 C8 - T "Tommy the Tourist" of 640 squadron RAF, Leconfield, 24th March 1944.

Some research material about this aircraft is included in this upload. Those who know me will understand why I felt compelled to depict this particular aircraft.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Shessi for the original conversion, & Alphasim for the original aircraft.

Peperez for his conversion & modelling of the other variants with his airfiles.

Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool.

Robert John for his CFS2 Exploding Objects tutorial.

Shessi & Allen for allowing me to butcher & adapt their weapons to create some new ones.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax BIII UT.zip

ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack1 UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the ALPHA Halifax BIII for CFS2.

The featured textures are: LV937 MH - E "Expensive Babe" of 51 squadron RAF, circa March '45. Flew at least 100 ops with 578 sqn & then 51 sqn.

MZ426 EY - G "Munga Taipo", a Flight Leader's aircraft from 78 squadron RAF cicra November '44.

LV907 NP - F "Friday the Thirteenth" Survivor of 128 ops with 158 squadron RAF, this a is an attempt to sarpen & improve the texture definition. (Within the limitations of the texture mapping)

LK797 LK - E "Excalibur" flown by P/O Cyril Barton VC, 30th March '44.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Shessi & Allen for allowing me to butcher & adapt their weapons to create some new ones.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack1 UT.zip

ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack2 UT.zip

Description: ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack2 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the ALPHA Halifax BIII for CFS2.

The featured textures are: NA561 H7 - H "Dragon" of 346 (French) squadron RAF flying from Elvington, circa December '44.

LW593 QO - O "Oscar the Outlaw" of 432 squadron RCAF flying from East Moor. Lost on a Berlin raid 24/25th March '44.

NR169 HD - T "waltzing Matilda" of 466 squadron RAAF, circa April '45. Later purchased & flown to Australia becoming the first postwar civil passenger flight to land there.

PN369 A of 1341 Flight RAF. Flying ELINT & transport missions from Digri India, May '45 onward.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax BIII skinpack2 UT.zip

ALPHA Halifax BVI UT.zip

Description: ALPHA Halifax BVI for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is my impression of the Halifax BVI based on the Alphasim Halifax BIII.

These provide new airfile, dp file & textures to use with a copy of ALPHA_Halifax_BIII_UT.

The BVI used Hercules 100 engines & had a pressurised fuel system. It was in service from late '44 onwards.

The options provided for are: RG481 DY - O of 102 squadron RAF circa December '44.

RG610 DY - K of 102 squadron RAF circa October '45.

PN167 L8 - Z "Miquette" of 347 (french) squadron RAF flying from Elvington circa January 1945.

RG588 C8 - S of 640 squadron RAF flying from Leconfield circa March '45.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax BVI UT.zip

ALPHA Halifax BVII UT.zip

Description: ALPHA Halifax BVII for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is my impression of the Halifax BVII based on the Alphasim Halifax BIII.

These provide new airfile, dp file & textures to use with a copy of ALPHA_Halifax_BIII_UT.

The BVII reverted to using Hercules XVI engines due to problems delivering Hercules 100 engines for the Mk BVI. It was used almost exclusively by the Canadian squadrons of 6 Group Bomber Command & was in service from July '44 onward.

The options provided for are: NP714 EQ - V 408 squadron RCAF circa August '44.

NP689 QO - M "Moonlight Mermaid" 432 squadron RCAF flying from East Moor, circa July '44. 7 mission stars applied.

NP689 QO - M "Moonlight Mermaid" 432 squadron RCAF flying from East Moor, circa March '45. 80 mission stars applied, this is how she would have looked on her last mission when she was lost 15th March '45

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Halifax BVII UT.zip

ALPHA latewar Coastal Command Halifaxes UT.zip

Description: ALPHA Coastal Command (latewar) Halifax for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an collection of Coastal Command Halifax based on the Alphasim Halifax BIII.

Radial engined Halifaxes were late to the party for Coastal Command. Most of their activity seems to be from late '44 onwards, by which time the Battle of the Atlantic & Biscay campaigns had been long decided. Their actions seem to be limited to Meterological flights & night-time anti-ship strikes across the Kattegat.

The options provided for are: Halifax GRIII (dp file optimized for ship attacks)

PN402 V9 - X of 502 squadron 18 Group RAF, early April 1945. In standard Heavy Bomber camo. This aircraft believed shot down by nightfighters 9/10 April '45

Halifax GRIIIa (dp file optimised for LR anti-sub ops)

I've failed to find any evidence of GRIIIs in Grey over White camo, so a plain repaint is provided for use as a placeholder.

Halifax MetIII (dp file reflecting VLR meterological flights)

PN396 Y3 - W of 518 squadron RAF circa May '45

Halifax MetVI (dp file reflecting VLR meterological flights)

RG873 Y3 - P of 202 squadron RAF circa September '46

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

AUG 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA latewar Coastal Command Halifaxes UT.zip

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Wow, many thanks for all of your hard work bringing the Handley-Page Halifax into prominence once again!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon9 Reply...

Bump, bump, bump...
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi UncleTgt,

Great work as usual.

Thanks for these great additions and thanks to the Alphasim team for their original work.

Cheers,

Stuart

UT,

This is one heck of a package. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    This time just a single texture is included: LW430 C8 - T "Tommy the Tourist" of 640 squadron RAF, Leconfield, 24th March 1944.

Some research material about this aircraft is included in this upload. Those who know me will understand why I felt compelled to depict this particular aircraft.
    Sergeant John Charles Burdett? Would you mind sharing a bit more?

Haven't put together any of the skinned versions yet, but here are a few screenies of the BIII-LW430-640Sq-RAF version:

Cheers,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; September 6th, 2019 at 11:33.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

H-P Halifax GIIIA 58Sq-RAF Mar45:

Great stuff, UT!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Wonderful work. What a Herculean output! Thanks Uncle!!

Hi John,
    What a great selection! (glad you did a CC version!), fantastic, love a Hallibag and these add a lot of choices. Thank you.

Actually the cooling gills weren't animated on the original Fs2004 version, which is strange as they are individually modelled. I think someone forgot or couldn't be bothered..ha ha!

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22

Hi Guys,

I am sure the following tidbit is old news to most, but I had never messed around with these BIII birds before so I had never noticed.

Its just a little oddity with the way the exhaust pipes are mounted on these Halifax radial engines.

On the port wing, the exhaust pipe on the outboard engine is mounted on the outboard side. On inboard engine, it is on the inboard side.

On the starboard wing, both engines have the exhaust pipes installed on the outboard side.

I "googled" on it and apparently it just a little quirk in the way the BIII Halifax is constructed. Not quite clear about it.

Now I ask ya, is that fascinating or what? ;^)

Cheers,
    MR

PS: Just out of curiosity I went and had a look at the Halton models. Interestingly, the exhaust pipes are mounted the same on both wings. However, they both face each other. The outboard engine exhaust is mounted inboard and the inboard engine exhaust is mounted outboard.

Yes, I do seem tom have way too much time on my hands.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Yes, I do seem tom have way too much time on my hands.

MR
    Maybe there were more left-handed than right-handed exhaust manifolds made? Just kidding. I'm sure there was a reason, but that one is a tough nut to crack.

On another note, I had to bring her out in the sunlight. A lot of hours went into this.

Thanks Uncle!

Chris & Dave,

Thanks for the gorgeous screen grabs, they really do show her off well. Rami, Ravenna, Stuart 277 & Shessi etc, thanks for the kind comments.

Shessi, would be nice to have: - multi-LOD, model options showing rounded wingtips, H2S or no H2S, ventral gun (especially RCAF birds), & change in fuselage modelling to better detail the nose art (again, especially the RCAF birds). Maybe fuselage split into front & rear halves like the stockers?

Sgt John Charles Burdett

I came across this story quite by accident a few years ago. My family surname is quite rare, so to come across the news story of "Tommy the Tourist" & find the W/Op gunner was my namesake struck a chord. I decided at some point I should commemorate this crew in some small way, especially important to me as these stories pass from living memory, almost un-noticed, which I find uncomfortable.

Serving in RAF Bomber Command during WW2 was no picnic, & these guys often did not get the post-war recognition they deserved (an uncomfortable truth).

This view was reinforced as I researched some repaints & came across some excellent RCAF web resources, with detailed aircraft histories. "Moonlight Mermaid" is especially poignant, as it carried crews into battle for 80 missions, only to be cut down on it's 81st mission close to the end of the war.
    See here for lots of detail https://clarencesimonsen745590793.fi...ht-mermaid.pdf

Back to the RAF birds, nobody seemed to have depicted the "ton-Up" Hallybags, or the single VC Halifax, so they were easy choices. The Coastal Command night war against the Norway-Denmark surface vessel traffic during 1945 likewise was another enlightening find, & this with the weather recon casualties provided some unusual repaint subject matter, again by way of commemoration.

I'm glad you enjoyed these uploads.

Hiya Guys,

Well, what with this latest release by UncleTgt I was forced to go through all of my old Halifax files and get them in some sort of order.

First by consolidating them all into one Halifaxes folder in my download folder and then systematizing what and in what order information shows up in the ac.cfg files and thereby in the AC drop down list.

Actually it got pretty involved and I ha some real fun tracking down information about the individual AC based upon the oft times very sketchy information included in the readme files!

But going a lot by the model numbers and serial numbers showing in the texture files I was able to track down some pretty useful information about most of these AC. Found a couple of useful webites, too.

Any way, In case anyone is interested here is a list of all the Halifaxes I have installed either in my AIRCRAFT folder or else sitting in my Halifax Hangar.

There are a ton of them! I break out all of the multiple cfg file entries into their own separate aircraft folders then alias all of the sounds and panels to external folders.

Here is a list of the 41 I have (KEY: AFS = AF Scrubbs; AO = ALPHASim Oldies; SH = Shessi; ALPHA-PRZ = ALPHASim-Peperez; Alpha-SC = ALPHASim-SopwithChameleon; ALPHA-UT = ALPHASim-UncleTgt.)
    CFS2 Halifax List
    1. AFS_Halifax B.MkII S1A
    2. AO_H-P Halifax BIII Fri-13th LV907 158RAF
    3. AO_H-P Halifax BIII MZ431 462RAAF Late44
    4. AO_H-P Halifax BVI RG610 102RAF Pocklington
    5. SH_H-P Halifax BI
    6. SH_H-P Halifax BI 35RAF Linton-On-Ouse 40-41
    7. SH_H-P Halifax BII
    8. SH_H-P Halifax BII 10SRAF Yorkshire 1943
    9. SH_H-P Halifax BII 35SRAF Linton-on-Ouse 41-42
    10. SH_H-P Halifax BII 76SRAF Middle-East 1943
    11. SH_H-P Halifax GRII
    12. SH_H-P Halifax GRII HR686-502RAF 1944
    13. ALPHA-PRZ H-P Halifax BIII RG610 RAF-Pocklington Oct44
    14. ALPHA-PRZ H-P Halifax BVI L8-P 347Sqn-FFAF RAF-Elvington
    15. ALPHA-PRZ H-P Halifax BVII A-PN369 SEAC-RAF India1944
    16. ALPHA-PRZ H-P Halifax BVII PP169 RAF-Lissett Apr45
    17. ALPHA-PRZ H-P Halifax GRVI Coastal-Command
    18. ALPHA-SC H-P Halifax Coastal Command
    19. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 51RAF_MAR45
    20. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 78RAF_NOV44
    21. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 158RAF_APR45
    22. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 346RAF_DEC44
    23. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 432RCAF_MAR44
    24. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 466RAAF_APR45
    25. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 578RAF_MAR44
    26. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 640RAF MAR44
    27. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BIII 1341RAF_MAY45
    28. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BVI 102RAF_DEC44
    29. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BVI 102RAF_OCT45
    30. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BVI 347RAF_JAN45
    31. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax BVI 640RAF_MAR45
    32. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax-CVIII_301RAF 46
    33. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax-CVIII_BAAS_49
    34. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax-CVIII_LAC_49
    35. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax GRIIIa 58RAF MAR45
    36. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax GRIII 502RAF APR45
    37. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax MetIII 518SRAF MAY45
    38. ALPHA-UT H-P Halifax MetVI 202RAF SEP46
    39. ALPHA-UT H-P Halton BOAC_47
    40. ALPHA-UT H-P Halton Westminster-Air_49
    41. ALPHA-UT H-P Halton Westminster-Air_50
    Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

I'm having some trouble adding the B.VI Halifaxes. I've opened the zip, made a new folder for each aircraft, extracted the Aircraft.cfg from the texture folder and added the common files to each aircraft folder, as well as adding the sound and panel folders from the ALPHA Halifax BIII UT download. My problem is that I have been looking for the model files. What am I getting wrong here? I had always assumed that the model name matched the sim= (name).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I'm having some trouble adding the B.VI Halifaxes. I've opened the zip, made a new folder for each aircraft, extracted the Aircraft.cfg from the texture folder and added the common files to each aircraft folder, as well as adding the sound and panel folders from the ALPHA Halifax BIII UT download. My problem is that I have been looking for the model files. What am I getting wrong here? I had always assumed that the model name matched the sim= (name).
    Hiya Ravenna

I believe the key to the conundrum is this sentence from UT's readme for the BVI:

This is my impression of the Halifax BVI based on the Alphasim Halifax BIII.
    Pretty sure he uses the model from the ALPHA_Halifax_BIII_UT pack as the model. That's what I used anyway.

WRT
    I had always assumed that the model name matched the sim= (name)
    I have no idea whether this is true or not.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Ravenna

Maskrider is correct.

IIRC the only .MDL filenames that need to match the sim= (name) are SHIP models - who knows why

Maskrider

Some of my repaints are duplicates/ re-imaginings of Pepe's etc., so there are some duplicates in amongst that list.

Still, 41 Hallybags is almost Team Daedelus territory ...

Members who have read this thread: 3