An early model Arado Ar 234A Blitz - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An early model Arado Ar 234A Blitz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    H,
    Yes, I wracked my brains and had the same thought of ac, I've just a had a look at that, and yes it looks good. But I'm 99.9% certain it will not work with the Ar234, as the height difference between the skids (contact points) when on the trolley and when landing on the skid is too great and will cause a bad contact point 'crash' every time.

I'll take a look but don't hold your breath....

Cheers

Shessi
    Hello Shessi,
    I played around with the 163's contacts a bit, raising the dolly's height, but so far no success. I'll try some more ideas later.

Shessi,

if you set up the bogey as gear. Set up 'wheel' contact points for the bogey so it acts as traditional lg. Make the gear retractable and have the bogey vanish when retracted. Now set up scrape points as 'skids' on the fuselage, wingtips making sure they are non-retractable/fixed. Take a look at the old A2A bombers and jets that had a 'ditch-able' ability to check how it works. Not sure it was a vanilla, but was official, maybe a patch.

Jamie

PS. Landing on scrape points is harder, just like landing on skids rather than wheels, so accurate. I set up my old Blackburn Skua conversion to do this, if you can't find the A2A patch, it works, even on water, you just have to land slow and gentle.

An early model Arado Ar 234A Blitz start on trolly landings

Hi Shessy,

I wait to see how you manage it to start on the trolly, drop the trolly and land than on skids.
    I had this problem with the DFS 230. Even trying out all I could I never was able to make the ac landable just on the skids as it should do it.
    Ich bin mal gespannt ob Du Das hinbekommst
    Yours
    Papi

SOH-CM-2022
    An even more pressing question is

Did it have a trolley dolly and will Shessi model her?

J,
    Thanks for the info, and I'll give it a try. I have the WoP/A2A Bombers and the update, so should be there.

P,
    I will try, be nice if it works, but I think the height difference will be the problem...but we'll see. Und Ich auch!

G,
    Ha, when I wrote it first time I put trolley/dolly, laughed and changed it, glad you went there...well sorry but there's not enough room for cabin crew...maybe something for the weekend instead...

And I tried substituting the IL-2 Riedel 2-stroke donkey engine starter sound in, and works beautifully. If you've flown in IL-2 you'll know. So you get that great 2-stroke burble sound, followed by the jet whine spooling up, quite realistic as to emulating how Jumo 004's start.

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi,

Might you consider using either the speed brake or cowl flap commands to animate the outer nacelle mounted skids? I'm pretty sure the AR 234A does not have need of cowl flaps, don't know if it had speed brakes either. Using the cowl flap commands allows takeoff without having skids deployed with dolly.

Worth a thought?

ll,
    Thanks for the ideas.

A couple of things, the skids of the 234A were all deployed at the same time, so not ideal to have separate ani's for the different skid parts. Also I'm using various ani's for other interesting working bits and pieces..... It's not what ani I use, it will be the possibilities of height difference between skids(scrape points) and ground, and trolley mounting ac points and ground that will be the issue.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon4 Dun it!!!

Hi Folks,
    Took Jamie's info, ran with it...and after two solid days..of modifying, testing, swearing and then more modifying, testing and swearing..lol...got it...and it bloody well works well!
    TBH I'm amazed it works as well as it does and am very pleased with the results. So thank you ol' TB for the steer....

I had already built the trolley and most of the externals of the Ar234, so could focus on this element.

So as you can see it has RATO, which operate with smoke, and I've animated them to drop quite realistically. A deployable retard landing parachute. Opening top cockpit hatch. As the skidded Ar234 V5 and V7 models were both photo recon versions they had two cameras fitted in the rear fuselage, these had opening covering hatches which will be operable with this model.

Still to do is the VC, then tweaking the airfile and cfg, then operating instructions, there is a lot do in flying this, but fun.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar234V7 trolley para rato 1.jpg  

Just WOW!

Looks amazing!

That’s looking great! With the break chute, what function are you using to deploy it? Water rudder would be good as it stops any aircraft from taking off

And will the rato have additional thrust via the use of the afterburner function, and will it have a gauge to automatically turn off after a certain amount of time or height?

Blog Entries
    Dun it!!!
    Fantastic Shessi! The whole thing looks really great.

Well done Shessi! I never realised the Ar-234A was this high on the trolley, You almost need to wear a parachute to get in safely

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    An even more pressing question is

Did it have a trolley dolly and will Shessi model her?
    AKA 'Hash Hags' in Oz.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Bet there was more swearing involved than you're admitting to... in that two days. Lol

Lookin real good.

Cheers mav

An,
    Yes the chute is on the water rudder ani, and thanks for the RATO additional thrust gauge idea...I'll take a look.

H,
    Yes it is, never thought about it, but the roof must be 15+ft/5m off of the ground!

W,
    OOhh, that's a bit harsh...

M,
    Ha ha yes there was a lot.....
    (did you see your Bf mug holder...)

And I think I'm going to get the Bf109 done and get that out of the way first..then this bird.

Shessi

looks good; hoping for one for cfs 2 too in future

Dm,
    Yes of course for CFS2 as well. I don't know if I can get all the animations the same, but I think I can add some of the extras with the DP...we'll see.

DV,
    Darren does this mean you're going to fly something other than a tubeliner or PFA ac?!!

Cheers

Shessi

A pilots association, AOPA in the US, for general leisure flying and light ac....

Shessi

Wink

M,
    Ha ha yes there was a lot.....
    (did you see your Bf mug holder...)

And I think I'm going to get the Bf109 done and get that out of the way first..then this bird.

Shessi
    Yes i did..... just don't tell Huub about the seat warmer and air bags !!!! LOL

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Yes i did..... just don't tell Huub about the seat warmer and air bags !!!! LOL

Cheers mav
    What??? no Jacuzzi this time?

Cheers,
    Huub

Shessi's gonna want me to test-fly this Arado. Those air bags might come in handy!

Members who have read this thread: 0