What Formula 1 really needs!

Thread: What Formula 1 really needs!

What Formula 1 really needs!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The stopwatch or the chique girl? Or both?
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Both Scott!
    Actually the 'chique girl' in this case is Nina Rindt.........a stunner IMHO.
    Watching the German MotoGP a day ago it was so obvious that all the girls from the teams were well presented and did not look 'exploited' at all.
    I like the way the riders can read a hand held pit board while traveling at 180+MPH and controlling a 280+BHP bike!
    The crews seem to use a stop watch as well, little need for techie gimmicks!

Crappy screen grab of Marquez pulling a 'stoppy' after taking his 10th consecutive pole in Germany!
    The kid is an ace and a real entertainer!

Impressive stats! All time remembering these do not include his Moto3 and Moto2 records.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

There are many things Formula One currently needs. The re-introduction from girls on the grid would, be nice, but a less complex engine would be higher on my personal list. In my humble opinion this will lead to more competitive racing.
    More competitive racing would also ask for a different approach concerning the rules and the way they are applied. Currently F2 is more far interesting to watch as the riders are still allowed to race there.

Great ride again from Marc Marquez, but I personally prefer the smooth style from his younger brother Alex.

Its a real pity Rins and Quartararo went off. Especially the last one is a huge talent in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I was just a kid back then, but Jochen was my favourite driver. My father booked pit passes for the Canadian GP that year specifically so that I might get an autograph. Alas, Italy happened.... I was so disappointed but we went anyways. RIP Jochen.
    Matt

Fabio is having a great rookie season Huub, once he learns some patience he will really come good.
    Nice to see Maverick rediscovering the way to get things done again.

The field will certainly welcome the Summer break, Germany seemed as if 30% of the MotoGP grid comprised walking wounded.
    Alex Marquez is very smooth but I think (just me, myself) that he'd need to be riding a Yamaha if he stepped up to MotoGP.
    How about the 19 year old riding the 'not good enough' KTM in Moto2?
    I'd be interested to see him on a factory Honda!

Sorting my way through 1990's F1 slides and decided this is what I could more or less be happy with today.....minus the barge boards of course.
    Not a bad car and the ancestor of today's Red Bull!
    This was Albert Park in 1998 and pretty well the final outing for my 12 year old Canon EOS using Fujifilm.

Not exactly up to our present standards!

On the opposite tack, this comparison is mind numbing!
    The growth cycle to over 5 metres is bloody stupid, no wonder the present generation have trouble passing anywhere except on the straight bits.

Gearshifts and clutches. The would sort the men from the boys. Pukka driving.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Both Scott!
    Watching the German MotoGP a day ago it was so obvious that all the girls from the teams were well presented and did not look 'exploited' at all.
    I like the way the riders can read a hand held pit board while traveling at 180+MPH and controlling a 280+BHP bike!
    The crews seem to use a stop watch as well, little need for techie gimmicks!

Crappy screen grab of Marquez pulling a 'stoppy' after taking his 10th consecutive pole in Germany!
    The kid is an ace and a real entertainer!

Impressive stats! All time remembering these do not include his Moto3 and Moto2 records.

My workmate was just telling me about Marc Marquez the other day. TBH I don't pay a great deal of attention to any racing these days, unfortunately. Too much attention on horse racing if anything

We started discussing Marquez and watching some footage on phones as my other workmate had made a sort of tribute video to him. That workmate actually rides in the Australian Superbike Championship, and has done for years. He is obviously in awe of what Marquez has achieved. The guy I was watching videos with was saying Marquez is basically a nutter, which is what makes him so good on the bike. Watching how far he can lay the bike over I would have to at least partially agree with that theory.

Here is the video my mate Phil put up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XYUVVlPtPU

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Nice video. Always thought you had to have a short in the brain to do this. I raced TT in my early stupid years in Northern California and fell a bunch. I couldn’t approach the skill levels required to be a skilled road racer. My hats off to them and wish there was more tv coverage here. There is more skill here than F1 in my opinion

Members who have read this thread: 0