F7F Tigercat Rises From the Ashes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat Rises From the Ashes

Blog Entries

F7F Tigercat Rises From the Ashes

The F7F Tigercat project has been re-built and is nearly ready for beta testing. As many of you may know, I lost all of my data a few months back and needed to gather up the bits and pieces I had put out in the public domain in order to re-construct my scenery and aircraft projects.

The Tigercat has been rebuilt from the ground up, better and more detailed than the previous verison. This video features the model in Prepar3Dv4 in PBR skins, but the FSX model will be virtually identical, although in FSX metal rather than PBR. This model is more comprehensive and includes improvements in the engines, props, interior and of course...PBR for those hard core devote's of all things "tech".

It took a while for me to re-assemble my video production capabilities, along with other aspects of re-building my development arsenal, but I am at a point where I can do a bit of video production. Thanks to my friends who were kind enough to contact me with the loose bits of data I had shared. Without you I would not have been able to attempt any kind of recovery at all.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks Gordon,
    I see rain drops on the windshield, nice .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice work on both the plane and the video.

Exceptional work there.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Well done, Gordon!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

One word: magnificent!!!

Priller

Cool

"never has a Phoenix metaphor been more personified" - Tony Stark

LOL, This is the best news! Where do I send my paycheck....??
    Rob Schreiber

Very impressive!!

Awesome work.

Looks amazing Gordon! Can wait to test her out.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

That looks fantastic! I was so looking forward to this and to the work you'd done on the B-26K, and I was so sad to hear about the data loss. I figured these projects were lost with it, so this is really exciting!

I've seen the F7F a few times in Olympia and Everett, WA and it was an impressive plane. Apparently an expensive warbird to own from a maintenance standpoint, though.

it´s a Masterpice

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I've seen the F7F a few times in Olympia and Everett, WA and it was an impressive plane. Apparently an expensive warbird to own from a maintenance standpoint, though.
    Two big thirsty engines to take care of.
    Joe Cusick

Beautiful Gordon. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Me, too...

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Great work Gordon.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Wonderful !
    Sue

Blog Entries
    I barely covered the Tigercat "office" in the first video so I did a piece that focuses entirely on the Tigercat VC . In the first video, YT compression pretty much crushed the night textures so I tried a different approach...much improved although not quite 10 quality. The interior model/VC is still in the recovery stage and definitely a WIP, but it still shows very nicely. These are not PBR materials...yet. Those will be developed as I work through the data recovery. I'll probably do a tutorial series on Quixel PBR as I take the Kitty though the process.

I'm in the process of re-developing the YT presence, so feel free to share or like if the mood strikes.

Last edited by gman5250; July 10th, 2019 at 12:39.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Looking great Gordon! Most exciting thing I have seen around here in a while.
    Joe Cusick

I'm so happy to see that not only have you not given up on this work, but it's freaking amazing what you've gotten done so quickly to recover!

Thank you, it looks awesome!

Tom

P.S. I did share your videos on Facebook...

This is looking very cool. I wonder Gordon, do you have access to an F7F? How do you have all this great detail available to you? Its amazing.

Awesome work, and great to see you making a comeback after such a horrible loss! Inspiring, to say the least
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Yep, that will be well-received. Beautifully done.

Members who have read this thread: 1