Lightbulb TECH TUESDAY: How cooling demands neutralised Mercedes’

Really?
    Same conditions for every one else.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Really?
    Same conditions for every one else.
    Did you read the part about sacrificing cooling on 4 tracks for aero speed on the other 17 tracks when designing the car?

I did indeed ED.
    " it may well be worth doing."
    So why are they so unhappy?
    Typical 'Mercedes'.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I did indeed ED.
    " it may well be worth doing."
    So why are they so unhappy?
    Typical 'Mercedes'.

They were unhappy for the same reason RBR was unhappy when Vettel would lose.....

I suppose this is the typical 'Corporate' mentality that has ruined what was once the best of the best.
    Something along the lines of "We can win all 17 rounds if we sacrifice the 4 'hot' rounds so that is the way forward".........................

I've been working my way through my ridiculously large stash of Grand Prix negatives and am going through 1998 at Albert Park, the variety of engines alone is impressive, even the aero is simple compared to the present generation.
    Even 30 odd years ago the business side of F1 on the entrants was relatively muted. Relatively.
    I should admit to really disliking Mercedes Benz and all who sail in her, the only decent road car they built was the 300SL, and (today) the supposed link between the company and EffWUn is dubious.
    When I first got together with Madame Wombat she drove a Benz, 'because the other Surgeons drove them'............fine if you want to travel in your own lounge room.
    A couple of years later Sofie became 'Ms. BMW Woman' and has never looked back, but she avoids the larger models and sticks with the M3 variations.

What I think I'm getting at is this: Motor racing today is not a sporting contest, rather it has become another area of the 'Corporate Wars', which probably sounds like rampant paranoia.
    However, especially in Australia, it seems that the Government doesn't actually 'govern', multi national corporations call the shots.
    Must be time for my meds and a nanna nap.

Members who have read this thread: 0