Sky Simulations DC-9

Thread: Sky Simulations DC-9

Sky Simulations DC-9

Interested in how it does with P3D v4+...Looking for Info above and beyond the Jan ‘18 post.

Thanks ahead of time...

Kent

Kent, I have pretty much sidelined that model some time ago as it's graphics are outdated. The Coolsky DC-9-30 is probably a better bet but the only videos I have seen of it in P3Dv4 are by J.R. Haley and his FPS during the flight and video recording are awful so it is hard to say how well it performs. That model is very in depth systems wise but IMO was always too much for at the time in FSX and a VAS hog. I highly recommend the Leonardo Maddog for P3Dv4 and the TFDi 717, both of which are fantastic performers and in depth systems which the models are set up to where you can launch from a C&D state or RTG. In my opinion, those two models are the finest jet tubeliner models out there at the moment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bryant—

Your comment confirms what I pretty much thought was the case— the DC-9 is rather dated at this point. I own the TFDi 717, haven’t kept it updated, so I will look into getting that back up to standard. There don’t seem to be a huge number of repaints for it. I love the flight dynamics...flew like it was on glass.

As for the Maddog X...I’ve been thinking about that one for some time...and I think you just “pushed” me over the top. IIRC, there is a third party out there doing payware repaints for it that are fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kent

The P3D4 specific MD80 (Maddog X) is brilliant, along with TFDi 717 she is one of the better tubes around.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Okay...you guys did it to me. Downloading both the MD-81/82, the MD-83/MD-88 expansion, and a payware skin of my beloved AirCal. Looking forward to it!

Kent

Downloaded everything, and installed the MD-81/82, loaded the AirCal (and PSA and Frontier!) liveries...and flew KSFO to KSMF. This thing is WONDERFUL-- but absolutely a study-level aircraft...so TONS to learn. Now to install the MD-83/-88!!!

Thanks for pushing me over the line!

Kent

I have both! The DC-9 is my all time favorite tubeliner. NC

This is Coolsky's DC-9 in USN C-9 colors, of course! Navy Chief

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-7-7_13-55-49-266.jpg   2019-7-7_13-56-14-182.jpg  

And this is Sky Simulations DC-9 in C-9 colors..... Navy Chief

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-7-7_14-10-9-913.jpg   2019-7-7_14-10-13-683.jpg  

Hey Kent, glad you like the Leonardo Maddog! As you will get to know, it's a great model through and through. The learning curve isn't too bad, just a lot of details but the way the check and systems flows go, it's very intuitive.

This video about the real MD-80 is very informative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0CViDUBFs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chief,

So in your experience, how well does the Coolsky DC-9 run in P3Dv4 (FPS and general stability)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Chief,

So in your experience, how well does the Coolsky DC-9 run in P3Dv4 (FPS and general stability)?
    I have not flown it that much, but on my system it runs fine. My setup is one year old today, and am running a 8700K CPU, with a ASUS 1080ti GPU. So far, all is smooth. I do have a LOT of other addons, i.e. Orbx Global, Vector, MAIW addons, etc.... I am definitely putting a load on things. Also have REX Environment Force, Sky Force, and Active Sky Weather running. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0