Aeroplane Heaven : What to expect rest of 2019 and Beyond

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven : What to expect rest of 2019 and Beyond

Hybrid View

Icon2 Aeroplane Heaven : What to expect rest of 2019 and Beyond

Ok saw the lists of projects AH is doing and saw the Boeing 707 on there... wow! Been waiting for this one since I loved the Captain 707.

Thought this was an interesting statement:

A word on warbirds.
    We believe that the market for warbirds, particularly WW2 subjects is shrinking. We don’t know why but we have seen a significant drop in interest in this type of simulation.

http://www.flightsimulatorpilot.com/fspmain/?p=27391

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

A word on warbirds.
    We believe that the market for warbirds, particularly WW2 subjects is shrinking. We don’t know why but we have seen a significant drop in interest in this type of simulation.

http://www.flightsimulatorpilot.com/fspmain/?p=27391
    Its from his FB. Yes, its strange. I always preffered warbirds, very, very pity.
    About big airliners jets, not for me.
    Good to see Sabreliner finally .
    C-47 is ok too but Manfred's model will be hard to break through.
    Classics GA are ok for me also, I like it.
    btw.
    maybe military jets from cold era as idea for the future?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, I read it on FB. They had talked about dedicating future work on P3D only.

FSX vs P3D

Without doubt, and especially with news of a new sim on the horizon, from Microsoft, we think FSX has reached its road’s end. Well, for people like us anyway.

It is not likely that we will develop further projects for FSX and P3D. The workload in producing for both simulators is
    very high, especially if PBR techniques are employed for the advanced versions of P3D. Our sales data and feedback shows a marked leaning toward P3D with our customers who like the new techniques and the “bigger” experience P3D can bring to their screens.
    Although they talk about "further projects" there is no mention as to current project underway with regards to the sim. There are a couple 2019 releases that interest me, but I have no idea if they will be for FSX.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

If the "market" is going to be limited to tubeliners, I'm out. And I guess a lot of people will do the same.

We're talking about flight simulation, not bus simulation.

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    If the "market" is going to be limited to tubeliners, I'm out. And I guess a lot of people will do the same.

Priller
    Doubt if it will bother too many people.
    If you check out the 'other' FS boards you'll find that the 'Bus's' outnumber the combat stuff hugely.
    And MSFS has always been primarily civilian.
    Feel free to bomb the crap out of people in DCS, that seems to be the focus in that particular simulation.
    'Flight Simulation' is about 'Flight', not warfare.

My (devalued) A$00:02 worth.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    Totally agree. Also tired of looking at new versions of same planes. Spits, Mustangs, Corsairs, Me's and so on. Would love to have a Japanese KI.84 or KI.100, a KI.61, Russian's LA-7, Mig-7. New aircraft, not new versions ol always the same bird. Who know's, perhaps they will sell…
    Tubeliners? will not buy...

Interesting on there future products, of the ones they listed

HS-748 and BAC 1-11: they released versions of those not long ago so these must be PBR updates
    DH.104: I know JF has one, I wonder if AH collaborated on that with them if so another update, interested.
    HS Trident: Not had a good one since Dave Maltby's excellent FS9 version, interested.
    Boeing 707: Very interested, had the captain sim version but since it's not P3d compatible have not used it in some time, a modern AH version would be greatly anticipated.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

HS 748 was branded JUSTFLIGHT. So i am curious to understand what they intent to do... Same for DH104.

Caravelle annouced for september : I am happy

Gérard

I don't know...this seems like an awkward time to be making sweeping decisions about development for flight simulators. There is a potentially major new one in the FS2020 release from Microsoft. That could render a severe blow to Lockheed Martin's simming plans, so why would not wait before choosing a new course? What about X-Plane? Look at the following FSX plus the Steam version have built. Still big numbers of users there.

Changing sims and platforms, plus new equipment and add-ons, is a huge hobby expense. Personally, it is unlikely that I would trash what I have and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Interesting on there future products, of the ones they listed

Boeing 707: Very interested, had the captain sim version but since it's not P3d compatible have not used it in some time, a modern AH version would be greatly anticipated.
    Maybe a KC-135 Stratotanker since they are still flying based of of a B-707!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Javelin project was canceled? I dont see it on the roadmap.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=javelin
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0