Avro 'Twas I

Thread: Avro 'Twas I

Avro 'Twas I

My curiosity has led me to pursue some ideas based on Nigel's beautiful Avro Biplane series. For now, four paints based on two of his models. One is for the 621/646 float plane, and three for the (up 'til now) untested PWS-18 with it's glorious R-790 open exhaust soundpack.

The paints have been uploaded to the Library, I'm certain they'll show up once they've filtered through the plumbing.

Take a look-see:

El Gato Naranja

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ElGatoNaranja.jpg   ElGatoNaranja_01.jpg   ElGatoNaranja_02.jpg  

And then, Lady Luck from 1970:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LadyLuck_01.jpg   LadyLuck_02.jpg   LadyLuck_05.jpg   LadyLuck_03.jpg  

The float plane from The Ghost River Lodge up north on the RainCoast:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GR_Lodge02.jpg   GR_Lodge03.jpg   GR_Lodge01.jpg  

And last, Mojave based N18621:

The paints are set up for FSX, except this one which contains files for both FSX and FS9. Anyone who wishes to convert the others to FS9 and re-upload, my blessing is included. For me, work schedule is making spare time difficult to allocate. I'm simply posting these before they get buried by my inattention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NC18621_03.jpg   NC18621_01.jpg   NC18621_04.jpg   NC18621_02.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks, Magoo. These look super good.

SOH-CM-2020
    Very nice indeed

Thanks Magoo.

Pete

Thanks magoo,

There's something about the Ghost River Lodge British Columbia paint that I find especially appealing. Maybe it's the front quarter image, what a photo, ..........gotta have that one!

Barry

Nice work!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cool works there Magoo,
    must admit I haven't had a dabble with painting the
    PWS version yet.

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks for the compliments, fellas. Truly, it's about the high quality of the modeling. I"m not practiced at this, and yet it seems that you only have to throw a little paint at the monitor, and the results surpass expectation.

That's all Nigel's doing. (!!)

Excellent paints Magoo! Thank You..
    Getting them all..
    Roman

SOH-CM-2019
    Excellent work Magoo.
    Thank you very much.

Members who have read this thread: 0