AF_40mm_GM (Type4) Missing

Thread: AF_40mm_GM (Type4) Missing

AF_40mm_GM (Type4) Missing

Was flying Ramis Hornchurch squadron mission today and suddenly got the message "AF_40mm_GM (Type4) isn't found in the object data base" I installed his "AF_40MM_GM" some time ago and have flown these missions before without incident. But now all of a sudden it's missing. I tried reinstalling it, copying and replacing the existing files but no joy...any ideas?

Icon9 Reply...

486_Col_wolf,

If you already nstalled the object, then no...except...did you remember to delete the .cdp files and filelist.dat files, then allow them to regenerate before trying again?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

yes, deleted CDP, filelist.dat and temp gauges before retry.

The database index files for all scenery and weapons bgl's are located in the root directory in these names:

AIRWAY_INDEX
    ICAO_INDEX
    INDEX_FILE
    LAT_INDEX
    STR_INDEX
    WAYPOINT_INDEX

Delete them all and the sim will rebuild them and reset all filelist.dat's as well. Hopefully the "missing" item will be included in this more comprehensive restoration.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

OK will give that a try.

OK, that didn't work. However, I retraced my steps and realized the last thing I changed was adding the Horton Fighter to my AC. Removed that and viola, everything works. I ran the patch to allow more than 100 AC some time ago so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Anyway, everything seems OK again, thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    ...However, I retraced my steps and realized the last thing I changed was adding the Horton Fighter to my AC. Removed that and viola, everything works. I ran the patch to allow more than 100 AC some time ago so I'm not sure if that's the problem...
    Hmmm...normally aircraft addons don't adversely affect unrelated infrastructure from registering in the DB. However, if you installed that patchy thing, anything can happen ~ LOL

I have personally avoided that patch over the years after heeding the caveats of the author. The takeaways just weren't worth the benefits of the installation IMHO.

There is another issue that may be related to this patch. When additional A/C are added it messes with your mission files. Player A/C remain the same in the briefing however, when viewed in Advanced info the player plane and other planes and added infrastruture are listed as something else, but return to normal when the mission is run.

More to my point...like a box of chocolates

Members who have read this thread: 0