Orbx Releases Global HD Buildings

Thread: Orbx Releases Global HD Buildings

This package and Australia v2 work very well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The video looks good, but I think I'll wait for some reviews to see if it's really worth getting.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Looks very good, but I would like to hear about any performance issues (if there are any) before I jump in neck-deep. I have a lot of ORBX products and no issues and run the settings at what ORBX recommends.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Looks very good, but I would like to hear about any performance issues (if there are any) before I jump in neck-deep. I have a lot of ORBX products and no issues and run the settings at what ORBX recommends.
    There are some performance issues IMHO. I have a fairly recent rig, albeit medium range (i7@4.2 GHz, 16 GB of RAM and a GTX1070), I experienced stutters after installing them.

I'll reduce me settings a bit and will report back

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    No impact for me so far but I had dialed my weather back to reasonable instead of horrible before I installed this package.
    Might be a result of running a shiny new S/H Monitor at 165Hz.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    No impact for me so far but I had dialed my weather back to reasonable instead of horrible before I installed this package.
    Might be a result of running a shiny new S/H Monitor at 165Hz.
    of course you're not feeling any impact. Your rig is hardly "average". Maybe "senior admins" should try to think about that. Or get treatment for their asperger...

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    of course you're not feeling any impact. Your rig is hardly "average". Maybe "senior admins" should try to think about that. Or get treatment for their asperger...
    Priller
    "Looks very good, but I would like to hear about any performance issues (if there are any) before I jump in neck-deep. I have a lot of ORBX products and no issues and run the settings at what ORBX recommends."

Asked and has been answered Jan.
    End of story.

Now come on chaps. We can do without the insults, can't we? This is SOH remember. Jan is right about one thing, though. A lot of us can only dream of a rig like Wombat's. Now shake hands, have a drink and move on.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Folks, I was fortunate enough to work on this project under the tutelage of Bill Womack at iBlueYonder. The original library object autogen models that were used in FSX ( and as a result in P3D ) were mapped with multiple texture sheets each, which increased draw calls to up to four or five per building, and were often crafted with far more polygons than was necessary.We re-modeled and textured all the library objects to ensure they made only a single draw call per object, and wherever possible we built them with reduced polygon counts and removed un-required faces such as the underside surfaces, which were present in all the original autogen library objects. The sum total of this is that performance on the majority of machines should actually be marginally better, as the cleaner models and reduced draw calls reduce CPU and GPU load. Bigger, HD texture sheets obviously then regain this load, but it should all still chug along quite nicely compared to the default autogen.Hope this helps clarify how the new stuff works, enjoy!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Thanks for the input DC1973, I didn't notice much if any change in FPS after purchase and install. Definitely looks better. After reading your post I went to some larger cities to check out the impact. As you mentioned I think FPS were slightly up not down. This addon is a plus in my book.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

That is good info Dean, thanks!

Do you know if by installing this package, any generic buildings placed in a scenery as scenery objects, not autogen, will be affected in any way? Such buildings use the same texture sheets as autogen buildings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The video looks good, but I think I'll wait for some reviews to see if it's really worth getting.
    Trust me you want it Falcon! NICE touch!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That is good info Dean, thanks!Do you know if by installing this package, any generic buildings placed in a scenery as scenery objects, not autogen, will be affected in any way? Such buildings use the same texture sheets as autogen buildings.
    Any generic buildings placed as scenery will simply take on the appearance and textures of the new package - they'll look better, basically. They'll be in the same position, and we modeled them with the same footprint so that they don't mess up existing custom sceneries.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Good info, thanks. How is the VAS footprint affected, particularly in FSX?

Members who have read this thread: 0