FSX Native planes @CALCLASSIC

Thread: FSX Native planes @CALCLASSIC

FSX Native planes @CALCLASSIC

Dear All

To my great delight ( and many for others too ) Tom Gibson's CALCLASSIC has updated most of their planes and scenerys to FSX/P3D FSX Native

Look here

http://calclassic.proboards.com/board/7/classic-fsx-p3d

or at the planes here

http://www.calclassic.com/planes.html

Best regards

Roland

BIG THANKS TO THEM

From an Connie addict

Strange....clicking on the aircraft link and then an aircraft, nothing shows that there has been any "Update". The Super Conny, for instance, was last updated in 2009.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Blog Entries
    You still need the legacy base packs that are listed.

What is new is native models, with both native exterior and its associated internal mdl and cfg files with which you then replace the original single FS9 mdl.

Not every single variation of every plane is available in FSX native form. The available FSX Connies at present are the 749 EAL and TWA models, and the 1649. A number of the C240 and C340s are done, as are the DC-7s.

Here’s the thread and download link for the 749s:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...749-short-nose

This is an ongoing set of conversion projects kindly being undertaken by Tom himself, so for a more broad view of what he’s working on, I’d suggest looking at this new FSX/P3D subforum he’s created over at the Calclassic boards:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/board/7/classic-fsx-p3d

Needless to say, a huge thanks to Tom and the testers over there.

I hope this helps.

Good news, for me, the Calclassic constellation is better then the payware JF.
    JMC

Oh this is just outstanding. this is like reconnecting with old friends!!!

Cant they just put up links for the whole planes that are compatible with FSX and P3D?

Priller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Cant they just put up links for the whole planes that are compatible with FSX and P3D?

Priller

If you understood that the Calclassics initiative is one firmly rooted in the FS9 sim, then you'd know that FSX and P3D conversions have thus far been largely peripheral to their main focus. Furthermore, that this whole FSX/P3D conversion effort is a relatively recent and fluid WIP. Their choice, their site, their projects, their rules. But of course, you knew all that, right?

I choose to see it in reverse; that their choice of sim platform notwithstanding, it's been a pleasant surprise that I've been able to continue enjoying a good number of their releases, all the way from FS9 to P3D. I'm just grateful they're considering branching out, so I think I can muster the wherewithal to make a handful of file replacements. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    If you understood that the Calclassics initiative is one firmly rooted in the FS9 sim, then you'd know that FSX and P3D conversions have thus far been largely peripheral to their main focus. Furthermore, that this whole FSX/P3D conversion effort is a relatively recent and fluid WIP. Their choice, their site, their projects, their rules. But of course, you knew all that, right?

I choose to see it in reverse; that their choice of sim platform notwithstanding, it's been a pleasant surprise that I've been able to continue enjoying a good number of their releases, all the way from FS9 to P3D. I'm just grateful they're considering branching out, so I think I can muster the wherewithal to make a handful of file replacements. Your mileage may vary.
    Man, I a friggin THRILLED. This is literally a return of old friends to me. I fired up some repaints today I did from years ago that I still consider some of my best work. Hoping the DC-6B is upcoming in the conversion process!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Man, I a friggin THRILLED. This is literally a return of old friends to me. I fired up some repaints today I did from years ago that I still consider some of my best work. Hoping the DC-6B is upcoming in the conversion process!
    DC-6 B is thwere allready.Just dont remeber in which tgread of Forum
    Like L-1649 Too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I completely agree Eric.

Throughout my FSX time, I "made it work" with the "FS9/FSX" port-overs, but am so thrilled now with these native planes. For folks staying with FSX, they can enjoy them a little more painlessly, and for us folks who've moved on to P3D, we can take some of our "old best friends" along to that ecosystem. Everyone wins, and the continuance of these projects (some from FS2000) is a rare boon for those of us who enjoy older periods in aviation.

Tom and crew deserve all the thanks we can give them for these gifts. The real question for me will be which classic scenery do I take on for FSX/P3D conversion .... long weekend from our national holiday coming up and hopefully I'll get some free time to explore the scenery component of my "classic world"

SOH-CM-2022

Priller
    Looks to me like there are FSX/P3D base packs for the Convair 340, Convair 440 , DC-7 and the DC-7Bs which are full packages that do not need the FS9 package. It looks like it is just the Constellation models need to be downloaded separately and inserted into the FS9 base pack.

I am sure that Tom is doing the best he can to make the conversions and package them up. Unfortunately there are a lot of models and only a little Tom.

Gavin

SOH-CM-2022

Priller
    Looks to me like there are FSX/P3D base packs for the Convair 340, Convair 440 , DC-7, DC-7B and the DC-7C which are full packages that do not need the FS9 package. It looks like it is just the Constellation models need to be downloaded separately and inserted into the FS9 base pack.

I am sure that Tom is doing the best he can to make the conversions and package them up. Unfortunately there are a lot of models and only a little Tom.

Gavin

Admins - looks like I managed to double post (instead of editing) please delete the previous post - Thx Gavin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    Looks to me like there are FSX/P3D base packs for the Convair 340, Convair 440 , DC-7, DC-7B and the DC-7C which are full packages that do not need the FS9 package. It looks like it is just the Constellation models need to be downloaded separately and inserted into the FS9 base pack.

Gavin

Admins - looks like I managed to double post (instead of editing) please delete the previous post - Thx Gavin
    Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the clarification. I've been focused on the Connies, and had downloaded all my Convair and Douglas updates as they were happening, so hadn't visited their respective sections of the outward-facing site.

BTW - you delete your own posts as part of the edit function, but I think there's a time limit, I believe a few hours, before they are no longer removable.

My first calclassic plane was Convair 240 with American Airlines livery and year was 2003-2004. Thank you for making these planes compatible for P3D, i will once again enjoy flying Convair.

Connie install

Copy your old FS9 Connie folder to your Airplanes folder inP3D4

Rename the relevant model folder to something like “model_FS9”

Download Tom’s new native FSX model folder and pop it as is into your Connie folder

Done
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Good news, for me, the Calclassic constellation is better then the payware JF.
    JMC
    I am very happy the great CalClassic aircraft are now available for use in a modern sim, I had really been missing a workable Cv240. But I have to disagree with you on this one point that they are better than the JF versions, the VC on the JF version is much better than the CalClassic version an since the VC is really the most important part of the model I can't agree with you on this point.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I am very happy the great CalClassic aircraft are now available for use in a modern sim, I had really been missing a workable Cv240. But I have to disagree with you on this one point that they are better than the JF versions, the VC on the JF version is much better than the CalClassic version an since the VC is really the most important part of the model I can't agree with you on this point.
    It's a question of point of view. I do not like the CV of the JF although knows it perfectly since I have P3DV4. The Calclassic seems to me more usable by its possibilities of access to 2D panels (FE for example). I'm happy I did not buy this model for FSX even though I have some JF liners that fully satisfy me like the 727-200 pro and the BAE 146 + FMC!

JMC

Priller
    "They", in this case, is one person.

Members who have read this thread: 0