Where To Find Ansett Please?

Thread: Where To Find Ansett Please?

Hybrid View

Where To Find Ansett Please?

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

My goggle skills have exhausted all efforts for my desire to find and download Ansett Air Cargo livery for KBT Electra meaning that Google has failed to find such livery so I am wondering if any of you would know where I can find that livery ONLY for KBT model base of Electra, please as seen on the poster below showing the cargo livery on bottom of the poster?

Thanks for any assistance any of you might offer

Regards,

Aharon

Thumbs up

Shalom Aharon,
    Well firstly do you know someone has actually done this livery for an FSX/Fs9 Electra, or are you just searching and hoping? Ha!

I've had a good look and nothing comes up, the only Ansett livery on an Electra is this

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-97

Which is an earlier tex for an Ansett Electra. Someone else may know or offer to do it for you?

I'm not into tube liners but that orange livery you want is very nice.

Cheers

Shessi

P.s That image you have has a lot of mistakes..look at the orange and black line at the nose, only two portholes in the front fuselage, there is no port hole in the crew acess door or a window in the over-wing door..I know this photo is of RMG not RMA, but they would almost certainly look the same.

I think I found the same one as Shessi, but at flightsim.com Library. FS2002/2004 and a different developer..not KBT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	electra.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	70004
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I'm not sure that '1968-1981' correct, Ansett were relatively late comers to the Electra and were not overly enthusiastic about them.
    Checked the collection of repaints on my backup drive and there are no Ansett skins that I've come across.
    ANZ, TEAL, TAA and QANTAS are all well represented but that's it for the Antipodes!

EDIT I stand corrected:"The Lockheed Electra was one of only a couple of types of aircraft to be used by all three major Australian airlines at the same time with Qantas, TAA and Ansett all having a fleet. The Electra's went on for many more years as part of the Ansett Air Freight division, where the crews were called "Wombats" because they worked during the night".

This L188 might just have reached the end of the line with Ansett, as it is wearing one of the very last Ansett paint schemes.
    You might have to roll your own.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Shessi,

Thanks for great explanations and for pointing out error of livery in the poster. Thanks for the link but that is not cargo livery

Mr Zippy,

Yep that is exactly same reaction that I have when I do not see livery for KBT. Smiling Thanks

Wombat666,

Thanks for explanation of the aviation term wombat. Never knew that before! Yep, like you I have Air New Zealand, TEAL, and TAA liveries for KBT Electras but not Ansett!!! And I am totally baffled why nobody painted crisp sharp and high quality Ansett cargo liveries on KBT liveries.

The main reason I posted here asking for help to find such liveries is that I am hoping somebody would know an Aussie flight simming website with livery downloads that we are unaware of.

Regards,

Aharon

At this moment, somebody is trying his luck to paint Ansett livery on KBT Electra but he said KBT model base is most difficult model base to paint and he will his luck. Let's keep fingers crossed!

Regards,

Aharon

Wombat is correct on this Aharon, nobody has done the red tail Ansett colours for the Electra either as a freighter or passenger version. The trouble with the Ansett stuff is that they had a number of livery schemes over the years, the predominant ones being the stripey-line one (looks a lot like Braniffs paint jobs) which was early on then in the 70s they went over to what is the red tail scheme but is referred to as the Delta Scheme then they went on to the all white with the coloured star tail livery which were the last.

As for the decal being incorrect, well for RMA, it is actually correct - RMA did have window at the overwing window exit on each side but RMB and RMC did not - go figure! The other peculiarity is that Ansett had the mods done by Lockheed in California and they put the cargo door-hatch on the left hand rear of the Ansett aircraft and as far as I can tell all the other conversions to cargo freighters used by everybody else the door went up the front section. The team KBT version models the front cargo door not the rear conversion as per Ansett. I guess that is because it is actually the most common version. And unless you stopped and looked you would never know that Ansett had the ones that were different and as the window thing shows they were not all exactly the same either.

Not exactly family fare I know but the real reason the the night freighters were nicknamed wombats, well was the night thing yes but the Aussie colloquial saying about somebody being a 'Wombat' why? (They eat, roots, sh#t and leave) and I think that is the version that developed for night freight crews but the genteel version about night is the most commonly known. Gotta get a laugh sometimes.

Members who have read this thread: 0