Problem with JBK_AT32_Condor_UT CNAC version

Thread: Problem with JBK_AT32_Condor_UT CNAC version

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Problem with JBK_AT32_Condor_UT CNAC version

Hiya guys,

I am trying to install UT's JBK_AT32_Condor_UT pack.

It contains three AC: a CNAC version, a USMC version and a IJAAF version.

I am having a 66.66% success rate.

For some reason, the CNAC version refuses to show up in the Player Aircraft drop-down list.

The other two AC in the package, the USMC and the IJAAF, versions show up fine.

At first I did my regular thing- created 3 separate AC folders, one for each version. The USMC and IJAAF version showed up fine. No joy on the CNAC version.

Thinking I may have hosed-up something in the copying and pasting process I then dumped all three of them and reinstalled just the CNAC version from a virgin zip extraction- simply copied the aircraft.cfg file from the CNAC texture folder into the main AC folder and then dropped the AC folder into my CFS2/Aircraft folder.

Still, no joy!

The only difference between the CNAC version and the other two, is the aircraft.cfg file and the texture folder.

Any flashes of insight?

Thanks
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Icon22

Well, I won't delete the above post yet.

I didn't exactly solve the problem. I found my original download of these AC from a few years ago and now all planes are working fine.

However, just out of curiosity, it might be instructive if some kind soul could download the current zip and see if they experience the same issue with the CNAC?

Thanks,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

MR,
    I just downloaded the file for the first time - it's not a plane that fits with my usual collection. Checking the three aircraft.cfg files in the texture folders, the only one that shows the correct airfile name (sim=) is the USMC folder - both of the others have "AT 32" instead of "AT32" in the name. I'm not sure what effect this would have when launching the plane in CFS2, but I suspect it may be a factor in your original problem.
    Hope that helps,
    rohan

Icon22

Thanks rohan,

Yeah, I copy what you are saying.
    AC Title Sim
    CNAC Curtiss AT32 Condor CNAC Curtiss AT 32 Condor
    JAP Curtiss AT32 Condor IJAAF Curtiss AT 32 Condor
    USMC Curtiss AT32 Condor USMC Curtiss AT32 Condor

Yes, at first glance if one were to be asked to guess which version might not show, the logical first guess would be the USMC version. But the USMC version shows just fine no matter what. Only the CNAC version doesn't- ever.

On the older version, where all AC show in the Player AC drop-down list, things look like this

AC Title Sim
    CNAC Curtiss AT-32E Condor CNAC Curtiss AT32 Condor
    JAP Curtiss AT-32E Condor IJAAF Curtiss AT32 Condor
    USMC Curtiss AT-32E Condor USMC Curtiss AT32 Condor

The configuration that seems to work is the one where none of the Sim= contain a gap between the AT and the 32. Although that doesn't explain why the JAP shows in the drop down list.

I will run one more little test.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Okay, well, when I go into both the CNAC and JAP cfg files and remove the gaps in the "Sim=" entries both AC show up fine in the drop down list. Don't ask me why. But they do.

I also tested the virgin JAP cfg file and sure enough- it doesn't show in the drop down list until one edits out the gap in the "Sim=" line.

I think the reason that the JAP version was showing okay for me to begin with is that during my initial editing of the cfg file and splitting everything into three AC folders, I must have inadvertently got rid of the gap causing the JAP version to show up fine. That's all I can figure.

Just goes to show that even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut!

So, somewhere along the line, it seems that some other part of the AC's "program" is expecting to find a value of "Curtiss AT32 Condor" in the "Sim=" line and when it doesn't find it, it shuts down.

Cheers,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; June 25th, 2019 at 11:52.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Here is what the three of them look like: (1) CNAC texture version, China National Aviation Corporation (CNAC), Hong Kong, December 1941; (2) JAP texture version, Imperial Japanese Army Air Force (IJAAF ) China 1942 and the; (3) USMC texture version, San Diego, March 1939!

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Here are the corrected cfg files in case any one is foaming at the mouth to lay hands on them!
    MR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MaskRider; June 25th, 2019 at 12:52.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Well spotted Chris & Rohan, mea culpa

The zip has been modified to include the corrections. Probably a good indication of how much air time these conversions actually get - the original upload was back in JAN 2016!

Icon22

Hiya UT,

Even stranger thing.

Just out of curiosity, I went and looked at what was actually in the 15 January 2016 zip.

It contains the errant cfg files too!

But somehow or another, the AC folders I made from them contain the corrected cfg files- dated August 16, 2016!

I wonder if this topic ever came up before??

Oh, well. Not gonna worry about it. All's well now!

Cheers,
    MR.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0