Need some extra hands for military aircraft project KC-390

Thread: Need some extra hands for military aircraft project KC-390

Need some extra hands for military aircraft project KC-390

Hello guys. Some weeks ago i started to work on the EMBRAER KC-390 project for FSX and P3D, and with the help of Milton Shupe and his video tutorials from YouTube i advanced a lot on this bird (Most of the external animations done). Now i`m working on the UVW mapping, but it will take a lot of time and i want to ask if someone with more experience on mapping can join me on this part of the project. I`m asking for help because i don`t want this project to come out in bad quality, and most of you guys have a lot more experience doing this stuff.

Here some screenshots of this big bird.
    By the way, sorry for my bad english.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-613.jpg   2019-616.jpg   2019-611.jpg   kc.jpg   2019-615.jpg   kc333.jpg  

Your English is just fine and the KC-390 is looking excellent.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the mapping issues; hopefully someone here who does will jump into at least guide you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Your English is just fine and the KC-390 is looking excellent.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the mapping issues; hopefully someone here who does will jump into at least guide you on it.
    I will pray to the gods of simulation to help me on this.

Just in case you haven't been there yet, I highly recommend you ask for help at FS Developer. There's a lot of very knowledgeable sim developers there.

Haven't heard of this plane before so I had to look it up. Judging by the size of the windows in you model I was expecting something about the size of a Bae-146 but it is actually quite a bit bigger and the windows are really that expansive! With the "KC" designation is it planned to be adopted by the USAF or other US service branch? (I could see it in US Coast Guard work as well as it would get supplies to someone in trouble faster than a C-130 and it would probably look great in the white and orange scheme!) Looks like you're doing a fantastic job on this so far!!!

Impressive and nice looking! Definitely has the seeds of a great model to add to the hangar.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

It's an interesting project surely, and well done, but allow me to point out two things, 1) uvw mapping is basically part of the modeller's task - since you have learned how to create a good mesh you might just as well learn how to map it. And 2) you did ask for help regarding a specific texture material for the cockpit windows in another forum. You received a reply and an offer of a recipe (by me) but failed to give any reply, with the result that I deleted my suggestions. Better make sure you do not let that happen again.

Sincerely,
    Manfred

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    It's an interesting project surely, and well done, but allow me to point out two things, 1) uvw mapping is basically part of the modeller's task - since you have learned how to create a good mesh you might just as well learn how to map it. And 2) you did ask for help regarding a specific texture material for the cockpit windows in another forum. You received a reply and an offer of a recipe (by me) but failed to give any reply, with the result that I deleted my suggestions. Better make sure you do not let that happen again.

Sincerely,
    Manfred
    Sorry for that, i was having some internet problems on my city a few days ago.

Members who have read this thread: 0