New Hampshire Bikers

Thread: New Hampshire Bikers

Blog Entries

New Hampshire Bikers

A shout out to the victims, families and friends of the New Hampshire crash.

Love and Respect from a brother.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Last I heard of this they still don't know what happened. Any update?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Secretary of State (I think) and the head of the State Police briefed the situation. They say they are investigating the daylights out of this one. I noted nothing was said at all - nothing - about the guy who was driving the pickup truck towing the trailer and which the bikers encountered. Even if he were injured or among the fatalities. Nothing said about a BAC test, either. Saw some photos of the scene. The crime scene guys are going to have their work cut out on this one. Lots of objects - and people - to track. Fortunately for them it's apparently not on a road as heavily used as a major freeway. Will be a thorough reconstruction and timeline, as it should be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Last I heard of this they still don't know what happened. Any update?
    Only the news stories we have all seen. I noted one or two details, but haven't vetted out any data yet.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Just read where he was arrested....

Latest from Fox News:

"Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, is now facing seven counts of negligent homicide after being taken into custody this morning in West Springfield, the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office announced. He is expected to make his first court appearance this afternoon".

Heartfelt respect and love for the victims and families. I was never a Marine, but I ride too.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    According to just-released statement for the press, the driver of the truck, Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, age 23, was picked up by MSP in W. Springfield today. While they stopped by the house for him on a fugitive from justice warrant, the MSP also reportedly noted the presence of some wax packets containing some residue that looked suspiciously like heroin. I saw this guy's picture, it's in the press release. I didn't see a mark on him.

Gman, there are some names of the victims provided in this release. Do you want them? I can also give you the site where the story is being carried, it's on masslive.com.

EDIT: More info indicates something I suspected when I saw this guy was driving for a business. Turns out the firm he was driving for on the day of the fatal event we are discussing has been cited a number of times in the past for lax business practices, apparently to include hiring or retaining in employment drivers who have had issues with the law (two with poss. of narcotics, one w/no CDL, one for speeding, one for defective brakes). Makes you wonder how they kept their business license. Finally culminated in this.
    Last edited by SSI01; June 24th, 2019 at 19:58.

Just read that he has pleaded not guilty in court today.
    He has been arrested twice for drunk driving. He's not the only one in trouble, I would think the company he was driving for will be charged for allowing someone like him to be employed as a driver.
    I am also a rider.

I'm not a rider, but this is a horrible tragedy.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I haven't owned or ridden a a motorcycle in decades but I still feel deeply touched by this tragedy. There's been heavy coverage in our local press because this guy lives in the local area. It appears that he was driving a pickup with a trailer and drifted or swerved out of his lane at high speed and took out a whole line of bikes coming in the other direction head on. The perp is a multiple offender for DWI and for drug offenses. The head of the Registry of Motor Vehicles has resigned in disgrace because notices from other states that should have led to the suspension of his license were not acted upon, and it came out that there are tens of thousands of those notices that haven't been acted upon. Considering that his employer's track record isn't much better than his, we can only wonder if a license suspension would have stopped him from driving. I suspect maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I haven't owned or ridden a a motorcycle in decades but I still feel deeply touched by this tragedy. There's been heavy coverage in our local press because this guy lives in the local area. It appears that he was driving a pickup with a trailer and drifted or swerved out of his lane at high speed and took out a whole line of bikes coming in the other direction head on. The perp is a multiple offender for DWI and for drug offenses. The head of the Registry of Motor Vehicles has resigned in disgrace because notices from other states that should have led to the suspension of his license were not acted upon, and it came out that there are tens of thousands of those notices that haven't been acted upon. Considering that his employer's track record isn't much better than his, we can only wonder if a license suspension would have stopped him from driving. I suspect maybe not.
    Wow! That may open up the state to being named among the defendants in this case.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0