Kawanishi E7K1 and K2 Alf Japanese float plane

Thread: Kawanishi E7K1 and K2 Alf Japanese float plane

Kawanishi E7K1 and K2 Alf Japanese float plane

Hi Folks,
    I've been working for some time on how to bring IL-2 Stormovik flightsim aircraft and items into Fs9/CFS2...and finally cracked it!

A lot of processes to go through, and then a lot of tweaking, additions and modding but I think it's worth it. The first of these is a Kawanishi E7K1 and K2 Alf obs float plane. An important Japanese ac, that we haven't got in any of the sims. Just finishing it off, and out for testing..so not long.

Cheers

Shessi

Excellent choice!

Looking forward to it!

Nice and thanks again for all your efforts. Are you working with one specific version of IL2 Sturmovik? I think this aircraft came with 'Pacific Fighters' (at least when my memory is still correct.

Cheers,
    Huub

WOW! Looks great! Also MY thanks for all your good work!

hertzie

Always happy to bag some "floater" flight time! I'm surprised that Akemi Mizoguchi (RIP) or Ito-san didn't do an "Alf" in years past.

Uploaded

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded. A lot to choose from, two engines, some 12 texs, and I put bombs on alternatives...so go get your Alf-fix! (funny Air-fix didn't do one either..)

I shoved in a modified cockpit for the VC one, not too much on the Alf or cockpit.

First of many models from IL-2, and a big thanks to the guys at SAS1946 (see readme) for the modelling and texs, wouldn't be here without them..

Cheers

Shessi

K1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=25598

K2 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=25599
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E7K1.jpg   E7K2 4.jpg   E7K2 1.jpg  

Thanks you very much Gio963TTo, Archie71, Hubberhanz 01 and Shessi and all others who have participated in this project! Your efforts are highly appreciated as always.

One thing however surprised me........ when you announced that you had found a way to convert IL2 aicraft I expected a whole list with requests for aircraft to convert. But obviously the people in this FS2004 aren't as greedy as some people in other forums . (apart from me this is......)

But when you run out of ideas, I might have a small request for you .

Cheers,
    Huub

So you know these planes work pretty well in FSX. I don't have Fs2004. I had to crank up the prop thrust_scalar to 1.5 so they would leave the water. Also the K2 has transparency problens in the vc. That's alright thou because I been flying the K1 all day. Nice addition to my Japanese Warbirds. Thanks Robert

I thought the nose looked strange in the K1 - powered by a Hiro type 1 W12 engine. Didn't think the Japanese had a W in-line layout, but, apparently it was based on the Napier Lion.
    Learn something every day.
    Great job Shessi and crew, thank you muchly.

Members +
    Shessi & team, many thanks for this unusual set of planes, & well done for the conversion of IL-2 planes.

It does seem that there are plenty more that can be converted for our beloved FS2004

Cheers fellas, glad you like them.

Ha ha Huub, people can ask all they like...what they get might be something completely different.. And in answer to your earlier post, no this was a new build ac to IL-2 and not with PF.

zswobbie, I could be converting other-sim ac, new builds and Fs9 ac conversions to FS9 for the rest of my life...there's that many I have in the pipeline...

mcanx, yes thanks, I do test out in my FSX sometimes, but there is soooo much to do for just Fs9 and CFS2...that I usually let it slide. TBH to get it/them looking good in FSX I'd have to do bump-mapping texs, the glass, prop tex etc...and it's all extra time..

Cheers

Shessi

Nice, another floaty one!

May I ask where the Seaplane tender in one of the screenshots may be found?

Thanks

ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    press for larger image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/106421...posted-public/

Artwork pretty much finished... Large image can be cropped... original is PSP in layers that
    permit latitude in creating a movable joystick (separate bmp), layer of bezels to keep some or
    not, etc.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image10.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0