AW Argosy conversion series by UncleTgt released

Thread: AW Argosy conversion series by UncleTgt released

Maskrider - she is done. 3 flavours, series 100, series 200 & a (fake) RAF C1...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon14

Wow, UT.

What can I say.

She is beautiful!

Your various new and sundry transport AC are all such nice additions to our beloved old Sim.

And now another 10 AC to add to the mix! Awesome!

Thanks very much to you and every one else who lent a hand for putting in the time and effort.

MR

PS Just downloaded everything. Won't be able to get them loaded up until later this evening! Looking forward to it.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

RP AW Argosy 200 UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: RP Argosy 200 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of the FS2004 AW Argosy series 200 by Rick Piper. It is offered as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. A player turboprop airfile is supplied, but as the AI don't respond to turboprop engine types, I developed an ordinary prop airfile that gives a passable impression of historical performance. The dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects. Payloads included are US Jeeps(should really be civilian vehicles), various cargo options using the FDG C-47 cargo weapons.

The panel is adapted from the FS2004 original, in so far as the limitations for CFS2 will allow. It is WIN 7+ safe. Because of the need to use ordinary prop engines, the gauge types & positions do not match the FS2004 original arrangement.

The sounds were adapted from a FS2004 Fokker F27 soundpack by Ryuji Ozawa & Mark Cranston.

The model animations were hex-edited to better match the control assignments used by CFS2.

The Nose Door opens with the Concorde visor extend/retract key.

The Side Door uses the normal canopy open/close key.

The rear door uses the spoiler key.

The tailhook key makes the cargo appear/disappear.

The textures included are: G-ASXL of British European Airways, circa JUL '65.

G-ATTC of British European Airways, circa APR '69.

VH-IPA of IPEC Aviation, circa MAY '81.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Rick Piper, Fraser McKay, Dave Booker for the original FS2004 AW Argosy.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

Oglivie for the steer on using Hexediting to change animation key assignments.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUN 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RP AW Argosy 200 UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

RP AW Argosy 100 UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: RP Argosy 100 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of the FS2004 AW Argosy series 100 by Rick Piper. It is offered as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. A player turboprop airfile is supplied, but as the AI don't respond to turboprop engine types, I developed an ordinary prop airfile that gives a passable impression of historical performance. The dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects. Payloads included are US Jeeps(should really be civilian vehicles), various cargo options using the FDG C-47 cargo weapons.

The panel is adapted from the FS2004 original, in so far as the limitations for CFS2 will allow. It is WIN 7+ safe. Because of the need to use ordinary prop engines, the gauge types & positions do not match the FS2004 original arrangement.

The sounds were adapted from a FS2004 Fokker F27 soundpack by Ryuji Ozawa & Mark Cranston.

The model animations were hex-edited to better match the control assignments used by CFS2.

The Nose Door opens with the Concorde visor extend/retract key.

The textures included are: N891U of Universal Airlines, circa JAN '71.

G-APRL of Air Bridge Carriers, circa SEP '77.

N601Z of Zantop Air Transport, circa SEP '65.

G-AOZZ of British European Airways, circa SEP'63.

G-BEOZ (Fat Albert) of ELAN Air Frieght, circa DEC '85.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Rick Piper, Fraser McKay, Dave Booker for the original FS2004 AW Argosy.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

JUN 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RP AW Argosy 100 UT.zip

RP AW Argosy C1 UT.zip

Description: RP Argosy C1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of the FS2004 AW Argosy series 200 by Rick Piper. It is offered as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. It does not have the clamshell doors of the RAF's C1 but I couldn't resist trying to adapt the series 200 appearance to mimic the RAF's transports.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. A player turboprop airfile is supplied, but as the AI don't respond to turboprop engine types, I developed an ordinary prop airfile that gives a passable impression of historical performance. The dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects. Payloads included are US Jeeps(should really be UK vehicles), &/or Jim Jacobsens Supply Airdrop or Paratroopers.

The Nose Door opens with the Concorde visor extend/retract key (don't use this as the RAF C1s had the nose door fixed in place). I've mimicked the weather radar in the nose by placing a British Mk1 Mine in the dp file.

The tailhook key makes the cargo appear/disappear.

The textures included are: XP445 "Eros" of 215 sqn RAF Changi, circa JUL '66.

XR106 of 114 sqn RAF Benson, circa JAN '71.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUN 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RP AW Argosy C1 UT.zip

Icon22 AW Argosy conversion series by UncleTgt released

UncleTgt,

Very nice additions to CFS2, thanks for all of your effort on these!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Very nice Uncle. You can now start your own freight business.

Icon22

UT,

Havin fun so far! I have the C1s and the 200s loaded up

Cheers,
    MR

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Got 'em all loaded up and havin' a good ol" time!

Thanks again UT, et el.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Cinco mas-

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Maskrider,

I've just uploaded a fuselage texture clean-up in British skins. It's just an improvement to the fuselage cheat line alignments for those skins that use them. As the original uploads were so large, I thought it was better to upload as a separate file.

It improves the following skins:

215RAF_Changi_JUL66 Argosy C1
    ABC_SEP77 Argosy series 100
    BEA_APR69 Argosy series 200
    BEA_JUL65 Argosy series 200
    BEA_SEP63 Argosy series 100
    ELAN_DEC85 Argosy series 100
    IPEC_MAY81 Argosy series 200

Sorry for the poor quality of inspection on the paintwork - shoulda really picked this up prior to upload.

Argosy Fuse Texture improvements UT JUN19.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: RP Argosy Texture clean up

These updated fuselage textures give a better alignment of the fuselage cheat lines.

As the original downloads are large files, I thought it would be better to make the texture improvements available as a separate download.

UncleTgt,

JUN 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Argosy Fuse Texture improvements UT JUN19.zip

Icon22 Reply...

John,

Per your intent, I will keep this in the upload queue for a week, then I will remove it, as I am also updating the original file packages.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Maskrider,

I've just uploaded a fuselage texture clean-up in British skins. It's just an improvement to the fuselage cheat line alignments for those skins that use them. As the original uploads were so large, I thought it was better to upload as a separate file.

It improves the following skins:

Sorry for the poor quality of inspection on the paintwork - shoulda really picked this up prior to upload.
    No worries at all, UT.

Thanks for the update. I have downloaded and installed them. I think I noticed a bit of what it is you wanted to correct.

On a different topic, before giving your readme a thorough reading I was opening and closing the RAF nose hatch and was wondering what the heck that thing hanging there was supposed to be. Now I see it was the old Mk1 Mine in the nose cone ploy! Aahh, yes.

BTW, I added an album to my gallery dedicated to these last three 4-engine transports you created. Great stuff!

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0