AH Socata MS893 preview
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AH Socata MS893 preview

AH Socata MS893 preview

I didnt see topic about Socata MS893 but Aeroplane Heaven works on it.

It looks like near to finish.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks nice, but I don't care for fixed gear aircraft. Got enough freeware of that type to satisfy my urge to fly one.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Yoyo : you're in the wrong forum. Sorry but all those shots are from P3d. So you'll need to get this one moved to the p3d forum. Nothing worse than seeing p3d screens in FSX releases.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Nothing worse than seeing p3d screens in FSX releases.
    Im affraid that near the half of pictures from the 2010 in this corner are from P3D.

As I know MS893 will be for P3Dv4.5+, P3Dv3 and FSX, Im correct?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Im affraid that near the half of pictures from the 2010 in this corner are from P3D.

As I know MS893 will be for P3Dv4.5+, P3Dv3 and FSX, Im correct?
    Then that is a problem. It is called bullshotting in AAA games and games development. Those shots are from P3d and arent indicative of what it will look like in a 12 -15 year old simulator. And it is
    1. setting a difficult precedent to follow
    2. Setting a much higher expectations than what is available.
    3. It also looks as though we as developers are "trying something " on. ( we arent . In this case an outside party has decided to post in the wrong forum. ) the shots are from P3d and most likely will not look like this at all.

I get it, you want to post in the forum with the most traffic but... it simply isnt right to show shots that arent even achievable in the sim. It is why we go out of our way to show undoctored , untweaked screenshots on stock scenery in a stock simulator. So the customer sees and knows what they are going to get ( unless they are tweaking but again then they know what they have changed and understood the changes ).

As for FSX support... not sure yet. So yes this thread should be moved to the P3d forum . And guess what if other developers and other screenshots that were P3D based were also moved or put into the correct forum it might help the other forum grow which in turn helps everyone.

Someone looking for information on a P3D release shouldnt need to hop into the FSX section.

And guess what if other developers and other screenshots that were P3D based were also moved or put into the correct forum it might help the other forum grow which in turn helps everyone.
    Yep, its true, statistically near 2,5x more use P3D (Most of the time) than FSX ( https://66.media.tumblr.com/0e5c2d9f...zd1gc_1280.png ) but all are sitting here inclunding me.

Yep, its true, statistically near 2,5x more use P3D (Most of the time) than FSX ( https://66.media.tumblr.com/0e5c2d9f...zd1gc_1280.png ) but all are sitting here inclunding me.
    So your thinking is to continue to post into a forum where the people using the simulator the forum is dedicated to, cannot actually run the addon and if/when it gets converted to FSX it wont look, nor function at all like the shots above? I know it sounds pedantic but I also have to answer the help desk and misinformation like your post makes my email box shudder.
    Also if you were to post in the correct forum... perhaps more people would actually go to that forum?

To everyone :
    The shots are from P3d. The socata is being designed as P3d first with possible FSX only. Do NOT base your purchase decisions for FSX based on P3D shots. We will be making a clear delineation online on the gallery page as to which simulator the screenshots are from if/when the FSX version comes out. The shots above are not indicative of what it will look like in FSX. It will be close but they are not indicative.

Damn this litigious world we live in.

Blog Entries
    What a silly argument. By that logic I should continue posting in the FS9 section, since hey, look at the ratio of FS9 users to P3D users. I know, silly, right?

He’s absolutely right. To be honest, I’m surprised it hasn’t been brought up before. I’ve found it annoying as well when I was an FSX user.

The ratio of FSX to P3D users has zero to do with the issue at hand. The issue is where to post info on addons that in this case/thus far, are primarily for P3D. Why it’s not obvious that it belongs there more than it belongs here is frankly baffling.

Over the long haul, the value of these forums is to enable an accurate and sequential understanding of issues and developments. So correct context matters. I think it’s fine to post in either forum if an addon operates on both. But where’s there a clear platform orientation or exclusivity to an addon, we should avail ourselves of the generous option to post in the appropriate sub-section.

That P3D posters have heretofore been repeatedly posting here on p3d issues when a perfectly viable and correct forum was available says nothing, except for the continued toleration of a bad habit. And yes, I say that from the point of view as a P3D user. So when I’m on this side, I’ll be posting from the standpoint of what will benefit the FSX community. If/when a P3D nuance arises, I’ll post there.

It’s not complicated.

DL

What a silly argument...
    ?

It looks like you didnt understand me totaly.
    Its not any kind of argument of the answer and the reason of this topic, its the statement only (isnt true?) and its a huge difference between argument (opinion about the reason according to you) and statement of the fact.
    Those screenshots wasnt marked as P3D, so where is a problem? They were not placed as deliberately wrong and according to my knowledge this model will be for FSX and P3D.
    To be honest I am afraid that you would have to clean the whole forum from pictures from P3D (incuding topic FSX screenshots where are screenies named "Academic Licence") which would cost months moderators and administartors .

Its a good idea to move this topic to P3D corner by moderator (as it was in the proposal earlier) and it will finish this offtopic.

Blog Entries
    ?

It looks like you didnt understand me totaly.
    Its not any kind of argument of the answer and the reason of this topic, its the statement only (isnt true?) and its a huge difference between argument (opinion about the reason according to you) and statement of the fact.
    Those screenshots wasnt marked as P3D, so where is a problem? They were not placed as deliberately wrong and according to my knowledge this model will be for FSX and P3D.
    Its a good idea to move this topic to P3D corner by moderator (as it was in the proposal earlier) and it will finish this offtopic.
    I understood you completely. You offered a justification (aka an argument or reason) for why you believed PvP was wrong - based on a silly premise of user ratios. That premise is irrelevant to what should be posted where, if there's specific forums for addons or problems in each domain. This should not be a hard issue to grasp.

Indeed, that you acknowledge that it'll first hit the market as a P3D addon, and that you agree that moving it to P3D validates precisely what PvP said in the first place. See how easy that was? Glad we got that sorted out.

FWIW, though like Ed - I'm more a fan of retractable gear aircraft, this one looks very sweet and I've got a sweet spot for any sort of trainer, so when it's ready, I may pick this up.

Settle down ladies, this will be looked into ASAP.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I understood you completely. You offered a justification (aka an argument or reason) for why you believed PvP was wrong - based on a silly premise of user ratios. That premise is irrelevant to what should be posted where, if there's specific forums for addons or problems in each domain. This should not be a hard issue to grasp.

Indeed, that you acknowledge that it'll first hit the market as a P3D addon, and that you agree that moving it to P3D validates precisely what PvP said in the first place. See how easy that was? Glad we got that sorted out.

FWIW, though like Ed - I'm more a fan of retractable gear aircraft, this one looks very sweet and I've got a sweet spot for any sort of trainer, so when it's ready, I may pick this up.
    No You dont completely,
    the reason wasn't MOST of popular sim as you think wrong, but most popular and favorite corner (the model will be for FSX also, I didnt check the origin of this shots before). Is it so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Settle down ladies, this will be looked into ASAP.
    Thx Wombat!
    Last edited by YoYo; June 24th, 2019 at 01:02.

Thanks wombat or the moderator who moved it.

To put this into basics this is a payware release. As payware we need to be very careful nothing is misrepresented. In this case it was being represented that this is what you would see in FSX. Which it may well not be. Yoyo simply didnt read the comment ( easy to do apparently as certain facebook apps just stick the pictures in ) that went with the images. No harm no foul. Should we have put a watermark saying p3d 4.4 stock ? Possibly and probably will from now on all images to facebook. on our own site we'll make a clear delineation.

On topic. If you missed it.

This is a short 3 minute video of the user customisable features utilising the material scripting lua engine packed into 4.4+ . It's rather powerful and with a few hacks could actually be utilised in a non material way , dont ask about how we coded up a way to control how fast the pilot blinks or what happens if you forget a simple getVar() statement... think burnt out eyesockets.

BTW dont worry we arent doing stuff like that in the Socata. Too deep systems

Anyway. This is all done in sim without reloading the aircraft. You have control over materials settings ( to a degree ) , how dirty something is , how shiny something is, even down to the colours of the cockpit. All on the fly.

If I could post into this forum a bit more for the people who dont do the facebook ( understandable ) that would be lovely of just a copy of what is going on in fb. Oh and we havent shown you everything.

A girl has to keep something back

How about calling it by it's proper name - Rallye Commodore 180 - SOCATA made/makes more than one aircraft type, MS.893 is just the type number. Glad to see you have a towhook on it - the towing version is called the Gaillard or Galérien in France, outside of France everyone called them 'Rallye's' ( any chance we might see an XP11 version?)

It's easier to say ! We've also got some bits from other variants as well. So calling it something a little more generic is a little more closer to the development. As for x-plane... we are getting something ready for x-plane ( globe swift ) to test the market. once we know how well ( or not ) the market will react to an AH development - X-plane has been/and is very systems focussed and we are more about SPH rather than SIDS/STARS - then we shall see.

Nice bike in your avatar btw.

Btw. what is interesting we have small aerobatic hobby team on this Socata.

This skins = must to have for me, I'll do it.

btw.

This is a short 3 minute video ...
    Nice work. The next step forward.

Blog Entries

btw.

Nice footage. Thx for sharing.

dl

btw.

Unfortunately they are a different variant. We were going to make that variant as well... but it turns out that it isnt just changing the tail , canopy and removing the air intake. There is a lot more involved according to feedback we received so we dropped it ( externally isnt the issue, it's the interior).

Still nothing stopping an end user doing it! Damn fine looking livery if you ask me.

Unfortunately they are a different variant. We were going to make that variant as well... but it turns out that it isnt just changing the tail , canopy and removing the air intake. There is a lot more involved according to feedback we received so we dropped it ( externally isnt the issue, it's the interior).

Still nothing stopping an end user doing it! Damn fine looking livery if you ask me.
    SP-CAC looks more similar for AH model:

http://www.lufa.net.pl/_zdjecia/0000...80d1e01227.jpg
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/b_L_BUqC0sU/maxresdefault.jpg
    http://www.lufa.net.pl/_zdjecia/0000...80fe802342.jpg

The last:

But its MS 880, not 893 as I found.

In this video (from upper post) pilot says they are 3 different variants with different engines (each) and small changes in avionics.

The question is when? ;D

Is it possible to have simply 3D GPS as option in the cockpit?
    It will nice to have it as option for classic cockpit (default GPS will be ok).

I think several people have missed the point of this aircraft. Let's call it the Rallye. It is a rugged simple, STOL aircraft not necessarily a "trainer" If you like low and slow flying and ability to get into backcountry strips you could do much worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    I think several people have missed the point of this aircraft. Let's call it the Rallye. It is a rugged simple, STOL aircraft not necessarily a "trainer" If you like low and slow flying and ability to get into backcountry strips you could do much worse than this.
    This. Pretty much sums up what the thought process was in making it and flying it ( I've been flying New Zealand, airfield to airfield from north to south and it's a blast to just take in the scenery - btw some seriously good freeware scenery/mesh can be had in this area ). This is one of those developments where I've actually spent quite some time just flying it instead of working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    I think several people have missed the point of this aircraft. Let's call it the Rallye...
    I dont think so , people interested in aviation (so sim fans) know that Socata or Morane Saulnier are companies. „Rallye” was produced also in Poland with French licence as PZL-110 „Koliber”.

btw. maybe good idea to add Rallye for the model as: AH MS.893 „Rallye”?
    Last edited by YoYo; July 1st, 2019 at 22:13.

I dont think so , people interested in aviation (so sim fans) know that Socata or Morane Saulnier are companies. „Rallye” was produced also in Poland with French licence as PZL-110 „Koliber”.

btw. maybe good idea to add Rallye for the model as: AH MS.893 „Rallye”?
    You could always produce you're own aircraft to suit you're own exacting standards YoYo and leave this one to the Professionals who know what they're doing.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    You could always produce you're own aircraft to suit you're own exacting standards YoYo and leave this one to the Professionals who know what they're doing.
    I dont really understand what's going on?
    Few people noticed here the name of the model as Company and numbers, not "Rallye" as you can see.
    A little tradition of FS market (and perhaps its the law also) that better to use the name of the aircraft, not company.
    It looks like "North American B-25", but on FS market we will see mostly "B-25 Mitchell" for example.

Members who have read this thread: 1