Patrick

Can't wait,lol

I took advantage of the wallet-friendly prices and picked up:

P-51D Mustang
    Normandy 1944 Map
    P-51D campaign
    Combined Arms
    WW2 Assets Pack

Am debating on the Persian Gulf Map, F/A-18C.

I would like to add either the FW-190A8 or the FW-190D but cannot decide between the two.

Decisions, decisions....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I took advantage of the wallet-friendly prices and picked up:

P-51D Mustang
    Normandy 1944 Map
    P-51D campaign
    Combined Arms
    WW2 Assets Pack

Am debating on the Persian Gulf Map, F/A-18C.

I would like to add either the FW-190A8 or the FW-190D but cannot decide between the two.

Decisions, decisions....
    The F/A-18C and PG map, must haves! I picked up the FW 190A8 and to be honest I really like it over the D9. To me the flight dynamics on the A8 seem better refined than on the Dora and to my eyes the VC and model overall is nicer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    The F/A-18C and PG map, must haves! I picked up the FW 190A8 and to be honest I really like it over the D9. To me the flight dynamics on the A8 seem better refined than on the Dora and to my eyes the VC and model overall is nicer.
    Thanks Storm for your advice! I was tottering on the Hornet and the PG map to the buy side but the FW's had me wobbling. I'll do as you suggest and go with the A8. Many thanks!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I'm currently considering buying a Cougar HOTAS off a guy on the DCS forums. Will go nicely with my F-18C, A-10 and Mirage I think.

Next modules to purchase will be the F-16, Persian Gulf and... I might get the F-14.

***Autumn Sale***
    <strong>

Patrick

18 December 2020

Dear Fighter pilots, partners and friends,

Our Winter Sale 2020 has started and will run until the 11th of January. On Steam, the sale will start on the 22nd of December and end on the 5th of January. We are pleased to announce an additional ‘Free to Play’ period starting on the 22nd of December, giving you access to all aircraft and terrains from our e-Shop and Steam for two weeks.

We have made improvements to the wear and tear of piston engines as well as the damage model by considering various loads and fractures to the main bearings that occur during flight, combat, and abusive engine management.

We are now running Open Beta 2.5.6.59398, which is a really big update. Check out the full changelog; we hope you will be impressed.

As this will be our last newsletter before Christmas, let us take this opportunity to thank you for everything you have done for us this year. Without your trust in our team, none of this would have been possible. We are so grateful. Please check out our 2021 and Beyond video, you may notice a few cool things that we have in the pipe for you.

Merry Christmas to you, your friends, and your families.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics Team

Free 2 Play
    Winter Sale

We are excited to announce that the DCS World Winter Sale 2020 has started, and that it will run until 15:00 GMT on the 11th of January. Most modules have a 50% discount. For DCS World Steam Edition, the sale will start on the 22nd and end on the 5th of January at 10:00 PST.

Modules with a 50% discount:

• AJS-37 Viggen
    • AV-8B Night Attack
    • C-101 Aviojet
    • M-2000C
    • I-16
    • Spitfire LF Mk.IX
    • BF 109 K-4 Kurfurst
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Fw 190 A-8 Anton
    • Yak-52
    • Christen Eagle II
    • A-10A Warthog
    • F-5E Tiger II
    • F-15C Eagle
    • F-86F Sabre
    • L-39C & L-39ZA Albatros
    • MiG-15bis
    • MiG-21bis Fishbed
    • MiG-19 Farmer
    • MiG-29 Fulcrum A & MiG-29S Fulcrum C
    • P-51D Mustang
    • Su-25A Frogfoot
    • Su-27 Flanker B
    • Su-33 Flanker D
    • SA-342 Gazelle
    • UH-1H Huey
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • Ka-50 Black Shark
    • Persian Gulf
    • Nevada Test and Training Range

Modules with a 30% discount:

• P-47D Thunderbolt
    • The Channel
    • F/A-18C Hornet
    • F-16C Viper
    • A-10C II Tank Killer
    • Supercarrier

Exceptions:

• F-14A/B Tomcat will have a 25% discount
    • JF-17 Thunder will be only $59.99

Not in the Winter Sale 2020:

• Syria
    • NS 430 Navigation System for SA-342 Gazelle
    • Mi-8MTV2 Crew Part 1 Campaign
    • F/A-18C Raven One Сampaign

The Free to Play period will run for two weeks (22.12.20 10:00 PST - 05.01.21 10:00 PST), and it will allow you to access all DCS World modules for free with no time limitation within the two week period. Note that an internet connection is required for the Free to Play event and that Free to Play modules will not work in DCS World in OFFLINE mode.

We hope that you will enjoy some well earned free flight time, and who knows, maybe also to fall in love with your next aircraft or terrain.

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0