3 FTS Avro

Thread: 3 FTS Avro

3 FTS Avro

Put this together quickly ; Nigel's Avro painted as 'X' from 3 FTS, RAF Spitalgate / Grantham @ 1936.
    The sharper eyed will notice that the serial is not quite correct ... putting it simply I don't have that particular font
    on my system so it saved me a headache in that I only had to change a couple of textures.

3 Flying Training School was at RAF Spitalgate from 1928-1937 ; the Tutors were phased out after it moved location to RAF South Cerney in Aug 1937.

Comments welcome

ttfn

Pete

I've been painting airplane models for many years and I don't often worry about correct serial numbers. Usually just when I'm doing a skin from scratch, wen I have to put on a number so it might as well be the correct one. When I make a skin by starting with an existing one, I don't usually bother to change the serial unless it's unusually large, conspicuous or significant in some way.

I have never seen or heard a complaint about that. I hope that means nobody worries about it. Maybe they just think I'm too obtuse to say anything to.

BTW, I have some RAF/RCAF/RCN fonts. Probably the same ones everyone else has. This is the list of them:

RAF_45D_841ATH
    RAF_45D_851ATH
    RAF_PW_ATH
    RAF_WW2_641ATH
    RAF_WW2_841ATH
    RAF_WW2_851ATH
    RCAF_60SQO_ATH
    RCN_80_ATH

If you don't have any or all, there are copies in the attached Zip file.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

BTW, I have some RAF/RCAF/RCN fonts. Probably the same ones everyone else has. This is the list of them:

RAF_45D_841ATH
    RAF_45D_851ATH
    RAF_PW_ATH
    RAF_WW2_641ATH
    RAF_WW2_841ATH
    RAF_WW2_851ATH
    RCAF_60SQO_ATH
    RCN_80_ATH

If you don't have any or all, there are copies in the attached Zip file.
    Thanks Mick, I have the RCN one, but not seen the others before... didnt know there were that many!

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Thanks Mick, I have the RCN one, but not seen the others before... didnt know there were that many!
    Ttfn
    Pete
    Those are still not all we could use. I haven't painted very many British aircraft, but I've come upon aircraft with serials and unit codes that I couldn't match even with all these fonts.

Members who have read this thread: 0