Questions for Mission Builders

Thread: Questions for Mission Builders

Questions for Mission Builders

Hi all,

Have a question for the mission builders out there.

In order for a spawn to be triggered, does the type of mission matter?

For example, does the mission need to be a strike mission for certain spawns to be triggered?

Second question I have is it possible to set up ground spawns such as tanks advancing on friendly forces?

Thanks
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

I'm assuming you have looked here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...making-and-use

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thanks, James.

Unfortunately, the piece of information I need isn't in that thread.

What I'm wondering is it possible to have multiple types of aircraft within one spawn?

For example:

2 Bf-109's and one Ju-88C6?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by grover1 View Post
    Hi all,

Have a question for the mission builders out there.

In order for a spawn to be triggered, does the type of mission matter?

For example, does the mission need to be a strike mission for certain spawns to be triggered?

Second question I have is it possible to set up ground spawns such as tanks advancing on friendly forces?

Thanks
    Hi, in my modifed stock package I provide one or two armored formations in the ground.spawns, which advance to the frontline, so I would say yes that is not too hard to do. Triggering a spawn is not dependent on the type of mission, but it helps if the aircraft loadouts/payload are consistent with the missiontype. You can however specify any payload you like, regardless of missiontype.

In terms of multiple types of aircraft, you could use a modified version of air_eeb which would do the trick (you wouldn't need all the mission goal parameters which are for campaign missions).

Thanks everyone. I'll play around with the spawns and work something out.

However, spawns are still my biggest downfall right now.

I've managed to get them to work before, but for some reason, they're not working for me.

Led Zepplin is a good source. Also put your spawn files up here so we can see what's going on.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Grover1, I had a look on my cfs3 computer and here is an example of waypoints needed for vehicular spawn xml files called by ground.spawns to proceed to the frontline:

<Waypoint Type="turn" PositionType="ground" Position="ground,tofl,enemy" Groundtype="direct"></Waypoint>
    <Waypoint Type="turn" PositionType="ground" Position="ground,frontline,friendly"></Waypoint>

Notice some spawns have position="road", you need to change to "ground" if you want to give a random position on the ground, further defined in position and groundtype parameters such as "nearfl", "friendly", "tofl", etc.

By starting with a column in enemy territory, and finishing in the second waypoint in friendly territory, the column will actually cross over from enemy to friendly territory, which is fun to watch.

Note, the ground spawns appear in QC mode as well. So if you get them working so the enemy armored columns head overland toward friendly territory, you may see them heading toward your airbase when in QC mode.

In fact, to test the ground.spawns you make, QC mode is one of the quickest ways if you fly around for a bit checking out which ground spawns appear and which do not. I use an airbase close to roads and rail to check train ground spawns as well. I add ship spawn xml files to the ground.spawns file, so ships appear in QC mode. IIRC, my coastal shipping spawns (uploaded at SOH) also appear in QC mode.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi grover1, thought I'd upload a screenie of ground armored formation heading towards the frontline....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Armored Column Overlandsm.jpg   Armored Column Overland2sm.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0