A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: 'Maybe' Paint for Nigel's Avro Tutor.

K3460 was one of a batch of 277 Tutors' delivered to RAF, to contract 195190/32 to meet Specification 25/32, between March, 1933 and December, 1935.

The only reference found is that is was struck off charge to Lundy & Atlantic Coast Airways at Barnstaple; on 4th May 1944 having previously served on the Station Flight at RAF Thornaby, N Yorkshire.

Thornaby was a Coastal Command station, so I've painted it per the DTD360 23 Feb 1943 document appendix 5; "Aircraft for Coastal Duties except PR, Met, ASR and Special Duties.

Upper surfaces Extra dark Sea Grey, Undersurfaces Glossy White (to pattern 1)"; However, being non-operational I have given it the required Yellow undersides.

The 2 predominant squadrons at Thornaby at the time of its' retirement were 280 and 281, both in the ASR role with Vickers Warwick aircraft; so their unit crest's feature on each side of fuselage, and it is coded RJ; the Station Flight code for Thornaby: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAF_squadron_codes

FS9 as I don't run FSX sorry.

Feel free to convert for your own use.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 Avro Tutor RAF Thornaby.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.