Problem with MAIW MCAS Iwakuni..

Thread: Problem with MAIW MCAS Iwakuni..

Problem with MAIW MCAS Iwakuni..

I have tried everything I can think of this fix this problem, but am beginning to think there is no solution. Note screenshot with the beautifully done scenery for MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, but the default runways are still showing

I have tried running Orbx Vector tool. I was hoping to use the Orbx Configuration Tool to "exclude" RJOI, but it is not showing up on the list to be able to select it. I tried typing RJOI in the "Disable" window, but whatever the case, it has zero effect. Problem remains. I even renamed the Orbx .bgl file for RJOI to ".bak", but no change.

Is there a way to fix this? In addition, there are some elevation problems. And no, Vector does not fix that, either. Oh, and just to add, I did attempt to post about this on the MAIW forum, but not able to login. Something wrong with my password, or something like that. Am still waiting on a password reset from them. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-6-18_15-7-38-227_LI.jpg  

Blog Entries
    What layer level is the MCAS in relation to either ORBX or the default?

I've never owned any ORBX products, so I'm of limited help. But I sometimes find issues like this correlate to where I have these ranked in relation to each other.

dl

ps - did that MCAS come through the Matrix? I've only installed Matrix - NA, not Asia (yet). I'm aware of that airfield - was one I recently put into FSX, but didn't want to throw too much at my new P3D until I had things more sorted.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    What layer level is the MCAS in relation to either ORBX or the default?

I've never owned any ORBX products, so I'm of limited help. But I sometimes find issues like this correlate to where I have these ranked in relation to each other.

dl

ps - did that MCAS come through the Matrix? I've only installed Matrix - NA, not Asia (yet). I'm aware of that airfield - was one I recently put into FSX, but didn't want to throw too much at my new P3D until I had things more sorted.

dl
    Yes, MCAS Iwakuni is part of MAIW's Asia package. Just installed it today. Looks great until I got up in the air and then started noticing the problems.

Blog Entries
    If I get some time later tonight, I'll load Matrix - Asia, and see if I too get that double runway thing happening. If I do, I can post a question on MAIW about it - I've been able to post there the last couple days.

Incidentally, it's where I found out there's an FSX/P3D Top Gun retro NAS Miramar remix of their current MCAS Miramar in the works. Not imminent, since it's slated to be part of a "fighters" package, due to follow a "helicopters" package. The latter I'm guessing being imminent, so I'd put the retro Miramar to a couple of months away - just a poorly-educated guess on my part. Pretty good news, that it's coming, in any event, I'd say!

dl

From looking at the pic you posted, it looks like there is a photoreal background and the afcad is off center, or vice versa.
    Not having the Asia region installed yet. As soon as it's done installing I'll check to see if it's a problem on my setup and
    report back.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

I have it installed and have the same issue. It is the default photo-real bgl for MCAS Iwakuni not a MAIW or Orbx Global issue.
    I'm just assuming that the MAIW scenery was designed for the stock FS9/FSX scenery and not for the photo-real in P3D.
    There is a stock afcad for RJOI but has no parking for it. Even the seaplane side of the scenery (MAIW) does not line up and
    is to big of an area for the photo-real to match up. It would need a total rework to line it all up for the stock P3D scenery.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Blog Entries
    I've installed it and have the same results. Hopefully the good folks at MAIW can "exclude.bgl" it on an update?

Have y'all reported this on the MAIW forums?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Have y'all reported this on the MAIW forums?

Oh yes. Much discussion there about it. I de-selected the Iwakuni City from default Scenery list. Temporary fix for now at least. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0