ETO in Windows 10

Thread: ETO in Windows 10

Hybrid View

ETO in Windows 10

Got a new computer, with Windows 10. Loaded CFS3 from original CDs, updates, and no CD patch. Everything seems to work fine.
    Tried installing ETO but when running first upload file the title of the MultiCFS3 window that pops up is "MDL Patcher" and not "CFS version 3.1 found".
    The instruction PDF notes that this is because ETO has not installed correctly and I need to delete the installation and start again.
    This I have done several times with the same result. The instructions do not offer a remedy.
    Any suggestions?

SOH-CM-2020
    Gidday,
    I wonder if your antivirus does not like some of the files in ETO - there are a number of .bat files. Have you tried disabling your antivirus whilst installing ETO?

Once installed, someone has recommended converting the .bat file names from "*.bat" to *.cmd". aparently the latest version of windows prefers that extension. However you would have to go through all the text in the .bat files to change the references to .bat within the text of the files as well.

"Tried installing ETO but when running first upload file the title of the MultiCFS3 window that pops up is "MDL Patcher" and not "CFS version 3.1 found"

Are you saying tETO doesn't install basically from the beginning?
    where did you get and what download ETO version are you trying to install?

So then I don't get what you mean about the MultiCFS3 as that implies you have actually installed the ETO files? Do you mean when first using the masterstartup bat, or before using the cfg exe?

What happens in the appdata folder if you just put in "CFS3 ETO Expansion________" or whatever in the MultiCFs3?

Also all my multiCFS3 says is Combat Flight Simulator 3.0" even if I know it is 3.1.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

If MultiCFS3 has that message, it means the directory it’s in doesn’t contain a copy of CFS3.EXE so you’ve either got MultiCFS3 in the wrong directory or CFS3.EXE has been renamed.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks for responding, folks.
    I'm getting the ETO files through the links in the ETO Uploaded sticky thread on this page (mediafire website).
    I am following the instructions from the link in the Installation Guides for ETO and Rising Sun sticky thread.

I get a lot of files that show up in the CFS3 ETO Expansion folder in the same Program Files(X86)/Microsoft Games folder as the vanilla CFS folder. That is also the location of the MultiCFS3 file.
    There is also a MultiCFS3 file located within the ETO folder itself.
    Shortcut icons show up on the desktop but the ETO Start shortcut does not work and there is no ETO Start file in the ETO folder.

hairyspin:
    The CFS3.exe file is in the Combat Flight Simulator folder and works. It brings up the vanilla install just fine. I have tried the ETO upload with both the original CFS3.exe file and the no CD patch version of that file.

I have a Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder containing Campaign, Missions, QuickCom folders in my Documents folders, but no ETO companion.
    I have a Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder containing Campaign, Mission, QuickCom, Weather folders and files like CFS3.xca, uisel.xml, etc. in my AppData/Roaming/Microsoft folder but no ETO companion.

mongoose:
    The installation guide shows a screenshot of the MultiCFS3 window reading "CFS3 version 3.1 found" and that is what I am getting also.
    I have not yet tried typing CFS3 ETO Expansion________ into the MultiCFS3 window since the installation guide does not mention that, but I will try if you think it could work. It appears that this guide was written before Windows 10.

If it is sixstrings upload then he doesn't use win10.

So what I do or did is keep the vanilla CFS3 v 3.1 in the programs folder and run and set the cfg once and start it once but make a copy into my main C:\ drive (or any other X:\ drive) such as C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion and then install ETO into that. I also follow the advice re CFS3 compatability, etc for all exe files. I must confess it's been a couple of years since I last did an ETO install but you seem to be looking at the relevant threads. There is this one as well http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...solved-for-now

There should be no MultiCFs3 in the virgin install.
    It should also have its own appdata folder.
    In the ETO install, is the issue already in the earlier versions or only at 1.5?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    ...I have not yet tried typing CFS3 ETO Expansion________ into the MultiCFS3 window since the installation guide does not mention that, but I will try if you think it could work...
    The instructions tell you to do that, so do! At least, the instructions I'm thinking of do – which guide are you using? There's a sticky thread on installing ETO (and Rising Sun) with links to a PDF and YouTube video guides.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...and-Rising-Sun
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Gidday,
    I wonder if your antivirus does not like some of the files in ETO - there are a number of .bat files. Have you tried disabling your antivirus whilst installing ETO?

Once installed, someone has recommended converting the .bat file names from "*.bat" to *.cmd". aparently the latest version of windows prefers that extension. However you would have to go through all the text in the .bat files to change the references to .bat within the text of the files as well.
    I know for sure I am getting some .bat files in the download, but I don't know if there are more that I am not getting.
    Either way I don't know how I could make those changes before the ETO installation process.

Members who have read this thread: 4