Screenshots

Thread: Screenshots

Screenshots

I've been using Fraps for taking screenshots for years, but lately it's been recording nothing but black screens.

Looks like I'll have to replace it.

Any recommendations?

Dave

Try using the 'Print Screen' key, and the freeware 'Gimp' program.
    After the program loads click on 'edit', then chose 'paste'.
    You will then see the screenshot.
    To save it, you will have to click 'export as', and name a folder, file name, format.
    It may sound quite complicated, but the easiest solution that I use.

Regards, Stuart

I too use Fraps and have to make sure its started before using P3D.

Why not just use the good old "V" key, or whatever you wish to change it to?

In Options->Application, you can also set which file format you wish the screenshot to be saved in, includes bmp, jpg, png and tiff. Screenshots are saved in your pictures folder under \Prepar3D v4 Files.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post

In Options->Application, you can also set which file format you wish the screenshot to be saved in, includes bmp, jpg, png and tiff. Screenshots are saved in your pictures folder under \Prepar3D v4 Files.

I have Fraps, but don't use it. I use "V". Then I use Microsoft "Photos" to view, and then edit. Works perfectly. NC

FRAPS has been working for me but I tend to use the 'V' key unless I'm recording.
    Usually prefer to save as a .PNG and do my post processing (if any) in Corel PSP 2019 or ACDSee Photo Studio 2019 (another Corel app).
    I have them as part of my photography kit so I just use them.
    Never had any problem with FRAPS over a very long time.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post

Same here, V also works in FSX but in P3D you can specify the format it saves in in the options, then you the editor of your choice to crop and edit. I use photoshop elements, but Gimp works well and gimp is free, but sometimes hard to figure out.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0