Alphasim vs Virtavia EA-6B Prowler: what's the differences?

Thread: Alphasim vs Virtavia EA-6B Prowler: what's the differences?

Alphasim vs Virtavia EA-6B Prowler: what's the differences?

I have the Alphasim model, but not the "updated" Virtavia EA-6B. What, if anything, are the differences, if any? I did notice that virtually zero of the controls are clickable in either cockpit. Thanks, NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; June 18th, 2019 at 09:01.

Blog Entries
    Hi NC,

I have "it" - but it had been so long since I flew the "other" Prowler, and it being around the Alphasim -> Virtavia transition period, I can't recall what version of "it" I have.

Curiously, a few days ago, as part of tweaking the Razbam Prowler, I did drag it (straight from my FSX inactive folder, not a reinstall) to do a quick function check. As I recall, it had some limited VC switchability - with all of the 2D panels able to be called up and displaying mostly correctly.

Mind you, I was checking mostly to compare night lighting, so it was by no means an exhaustive review or comparison.

I'll take a bit deeper look tonight, and also confirm what version I bought. That's got to be almost a decade ago ...

Shouldn't be much difference since Alphasim and Virtavia are the same company, pre- and post-FSX.

Models sold under the Virtavia name were however recompiled per the FSX SDK rather than being just simple FS9 portovers.

So as I type this, yeah, I guess they are different.

Both used xml gauges so there shouldn't be any issues there, even in P3Dv4. And any repaint textures should work for both.

Members who have read this thread: 1