Importing settings from P3D V4.5

Thread: Importing settings from P3D V4.5

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Importing settings from P3D V4.5

I have been told it is possible so in order to make things easier for me I am interested to know how I can import my controller settings from P3D V4.5 into X-Plane 11.35. I have looked in the Resources/Keyboard Presets and there are 2 files: FSX.keys and X-Plane 10.keys but I have no idea how it works.

Any help from Ted or other experts would be much appreciated. Learning X-Plane is much harder than FSX or P3D ever were .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Had that problem also. Had to wade through hundreds of key commands until I found what I wanted, Especially Beta and Reverser commands. I wish there was a way to move all commands over. There is an option to set to FSX but found it didn’t help much.

All is well now. New Logitech joystick and everything runs smoothly.

Settings - Keyboard, at the bottom it says -"reset key bindings to default for" and there's a pull down. Select FSX and it will import your settings. No effect what so ever on performance.
    Sue

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Thanks for that Sue. Will try to get it set up later.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Does the FSX template really import anything or does it just set the key bindings to their default FSX equivalents?

It sets it to your FSX key bindings, whatever you have set them to.

I have just tested the function and all I get is the default FSX keys.

Do you have FSX on your system ? It uses C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standa rd.XLM . I got all my axis assignments and everything.

I've just tested this more thoroughly.

- Assigned all throttle functions to CTRL+F5...CTRL+F8 in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.xm l
    - Started XP11
    - Created a test profile
    - Reset keys to FSX standard for said test profile
    - Restarted XP11 for good measure

--> Available throttle keys remain at FSX default, i.e. F2 and F3 ("throttle cut" and "throttle full" is not supported by XP11)

Based on this, I'm unconvinced that an auto-import function for FSX key assignments exists.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Didn’t work for me. Either but I got a new joystick setup and I has to reconfigure anyhow. Are you talking about key strokes or jaytivpce settings?

The FSX template only applies to the keyboard assignments as controller assignments tend to be highly individual anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0