PLANE SAVERS C-FDTDv2 - Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14.zip

Thread: PLANE SAVERS C-FDTDv2 - Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14.zip

PLANE SAVERS C-FDTDv2 - Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - General Military repaints

Description: As promised, here is v2. This is my rendition of DTD as she was on the 75th Anniversary of D-Day when she took her Mikey McBryan first flight. Piloted by none other than Buffalo Joe. As a pilot for Buffalo Airways Virtual, I was inspired to create this livery while watching Plane Savers episodes on YouTube. If you've not seen them or missed any, be sure to start at the very beginning and watch all the way through to episode 156. I couldn't have gotten this far without the assistance of another Buffalo Airways Virtual pilot, BFL5095. Thank you so much for keeping my on the right path and feeding me invaluable information along the way. And huge thanks for sending images off to Benoit who made sure they were shown on episode 142 of . . . PLANE SAVERRRRRRRS!

Note: Installing this livery will overwrite v1 (recommended). If you want to keep v1, you will need to rename the texture file and update the .cfg file to match and also rename the Title in the .cfg. If you are unsure how to do this, GOOGLE is your friend.

Enjoy the easy to find Easter Eggs too. Thank you for downloading.

"Well folks, I bought a “new” DC-3. This isn’t just any regular goonybird though. This bird flew in the D-Day invasion! Her log books (FZ668) even mention she dropped 12 twenty pound bombs as she flew to her drop site that morning. Making her a D-Day “Bomber”. She hasn’t flown in almost 30 years and guess what... we are going to try and fly her on the 75th Anniversary of D-Day where she sits in Montreal. This will be a huge undertaking as this aircraft has been stripped out over the past three decades. But luckily enough we know where is lots of DC-3 parts. After that we plan to fly her to Oshkosh Airventure 2019 so you guys can see her in person.

Aircraft History: this aircraft was built in January 1944 by Douglas Aircraft Company at their plant in Oklahoma City. S/N 12253, C-47A-5-DK, tail number 42-92451. The RAF registration FZ668 was subsequently assigned to her when she was based in Europe. The Night before D-Day on June 5th 1944, FZ668, this Dakota, took off at 23:20 as one of a fleet of 108 RAF C-47s whose mission was to neutralize the German forces behind the beaches to be used for the landings. Her crew was F/O Nicholl, F/O Dale, F / s Marsden and Sgt Caves.

On board FZ668, bearing the chalk number 253 for this operation, twelve 20-pound bombs, "a small surprise for the troops defending the coast in France" as it was referred to in the operation log of the squadron, were dropped when crossing the French coast. Seventeen paratroopers jumped at around 00:50 on DZ "K" located near Toufreville that morning on D-Day. ?Their objective was to destroy the bridges over the Dive River. The paratroopers were split into two groups and met strong German resistance. The bridges were destroyed by engineers and the battle for the liberation of Europe began. FZ668 landed safely back at Blakehill Farm at 3:10. On top of D-Day this Aircraft also flew 5 mission during the operation Market-Garden.

After the war, she was purchased by Canadair, converted as DC-3C and flew for Trans-Canada Airlines as CF-TER. During the 70's she was acquired by Transport Canada who flew her until the early 90'S as CF-DTD."

Mikey McBryan

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PLANE SAVERS C-FDTDv2 - Manfred Jahn's Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Check out the new Cutie!

Thank you, Canuckshaw!

Now I can relive Plane Savers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvF...uXwaoFE45bq4Xg

Members who have read this thread: 2