C-47 V3.14 Beta w/Fixes - No Throttle Response

Thread: C-47 V3.14 Beta w/Fixes - No Throttle Response

I recently installed the C-47 V3.14 w/fixes into my FSX-SE system. I use a licensed version of FSUIPC. I've associated the C-47 with another working DC-3/C-47 working configuration but the MJ C-47 doesn't recognized the throttle assignments. Everything else works, Props, Mixture, controls, etc. but the throttles don't move from the cutoff position. I must be missing something but I can't figure it out. Advise Please.

Thanks,

Jim Driskell

Wish I could help, but the question is hard to answer. Do the throttles work when you make a clean install, not using "another C-47 working configuration"? Was anything wrong with our own configuration? If the problem was caused by a mix of conflicting configurations, then perhaps the best idea is to start with a clean install and then modify piece by piece. In other words, trial and error, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Wish I could help, but the question is hard to answer. Do the throttles work when you make a clean install, not using "another C-47 working configuration"? Was anything wrong with our own configuration? If the problem was caused by a mix of conflicting configurations, then perhaps the best idea is to start with a clean install and then modify piece by piece. In other words, trial and error, as always.
    I'll delete the sim, download a new version and configure it from scratch thru FSUIPC and let you know. As I stated above, it's very strange that everything else works with the current profile, except throttles.

Thanks,

Jim Driskell

I started again with a clean install of the sim and defined the controls using FSUIPC for the Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14. My default aircraft state after starting FSX-SE, is running on the end of the runway but when I start the C-47, the engines die. I have defined separate prop, throttle and mixture controls in FSUIPC as "Send direct to FSUIPC for Calibration" for each CH throttle lever. Prop and mixture controls work properly but the throttle controls still don't control the throttles. What am I missing? Is there a switch that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim Driskell

Icon28 C-47 v3.14

Do F3 make some rpm´s ?

I got the Douglas C-47 Beta V3.14 sim to respond to FSUIPC throttle input, but only after I first loaded the old DC-3 airways Virtual Airline sim which always responds to its FSUIPC controlled inputs. I shut down the old DC-3 sim and reloaded the Beta version and the throttles started working. I found that I could then redefine the throttles in FSUIPC a couple of different ways. Either way worked. But when I shut down FSX-SE and restarted it, the Beta version had the same problems unless I loaded the other DC-3 version first and then ended its flight before reloading the Beta version. Don't know what is going on because every other sim works properly.

I'll keep trying things.

Jim Driskell

Possible ideas over at the FSUIPC forum.
    Roman

Jim-

FSUIPC’s very genius sometimes results in frustration. Take a moment and open your .ini and check for multiple throttle axis’. It ought to be readily apparent in text form. I have always found leaving a tiny null zone at the top and bottom of each lever works best, that is something else you might try...

In my case it’s mostly never the arrow, always the Indian

HTH- C

Lightbulb FSUIPC Help

I create a generic aircraft profile, for example a twin engine and assign all the controls and buttons for that aircraft. Then you go to your FSX main folder and then go to the Modules folder and under that there should be a FSUIPC.cfg file. Open the cfg file and scroll down to where you see the profile for twin engine, it will list the aircraft that you created for example 1=Beech Baron 58 Paint 1, for all your twin engine aircraft copy the title from the aircraft.cfg and paste it in the FSUIPC config file, for example the next airplane for the Baron would be Beech Baron 58 Paint2, just remember to add the next number in line so it would look like this 2=Beech Baron 58 Paint2. You can set up different kind of airplane profiles and then add them in the FSUIPC config file. Here is an example of my Twin Engine section:

[Profile.Twin Engine]
    1=Beech Baron 58 Paint1
    2=Beech Baron 58 Paint2
    3=Beech Baron 58 Paint3
    4=Beech Baron 58 w G1000
    5=Beech Baron 58
    6=Douglas DC-3
    7=Douglas DC-3 Paint1
    8=Douglas DC-3 Paint2
    9=Douglas DC-3 Paint3
    10=Douglas DC-3 Paint4
    11=Douglas DC-3 Paint5
    12=Grumman Goose G21A paint2
    13=Grumman Goose G21A paint1
    14=Grumman Goose G21A paint3
    15=Grumman Goose G21A paint4
    16=Grumman Goose G21A paint5
    17=Grumman Goose G21A paint6
    18=Grumman Goose G21A
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm working thru a process to make this aircraft work but for now FSUIPC acts differently with it than any other aircraft that I've defined to FSUIPC. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Jim Driskell

If you can’t figure it out you can always delete the fsuipc configuration file and let it rebuild once the flight sim starts. You will then need to re-do all your settings in fsuipc.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I don't want to do that because I have a bunch of different configurations for aircraft that work. I deleted the configuration for the C-47 and started over when I did a clean install of the sim but I got the same result. I've got a work around by starting another FSUIPC defined DC-3, then ending that flight and starting the C-47. This seems to work. Don't know why?

Jim

Check the default FSX controls and see if you have any throttle axis configured in there. I had a different situation where one of my throttle axis got assigned to view change.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I have un-checked the FSX controls so there shouldn't be a problem there. I do have all my CH products plugged into a powered USB hub but I don't have any problems with any other sim.

I find it strange that all the controls and switches on the C-47 work as advertised except the throttles. There's something in the sim that's different from all the other sims when it comes to controlling the throttles in C-47.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0