HE-100 Recommendation

Thread: HE-100 Recommendation

Hybrid View

HE-100 Recommendation

Is there a decent HE-100 available for FSX? I'm having trouble finding one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That's a port of Warbirlovers CFS2 model, Possibly made native? Still CFS2 vintage, very good in it's day, but that was well over a decade ago. Probably the only option though.

Albeit a bit dated, not too bad at all. No 2D cockpit and it's not FSX Native. I downloaded that model quite some time ago and got it to work in FS9 with a bit of tweaking. Does fine in FSX, or it did when my gaming machine was still up and running. Virtual Cockpit is very functional. Might be a contender for someone to take under their wing and clean it up just a bit.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I took a look after installing and while it would otherwise be a candidate for some VC updating and external overhaul there are several problems that make me not interested. Most prominent is that there is a fair amount forward of the panel that is blocked out by a placeholder so you can see through to the runway around the rudder pedals and a larger area between the rudder pedals and the firewall. . .not to mention the entire prop (except for a small section of the tips.

The other problem is that there isn't any fuel information so you can't even start it. I checked the cfg file and other than the title [fuel] and one line for the fuel type there's nothing to indicate number of tanks, total fuel, etc. When I went to check the Fuel and payload section, the fuel portion was grayed out and indicated a -13.65lbs. I tried adding a section from a similar type to see if it would allow the airplane to start but it made no difference so there must be more to this than my very limited knowledge of the cfg file.

Too bad actually because it does have potential but there are too many problems to get by first.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I took a look after installing and while it would otherwise be a candidate for some VC updating and external overhaul there are several problems that make me not interested. Most prominent is that there is a fair amount forward of the panel that is blocked out by a placeholder so you can see through to the runway around the rudder pedals and a larger area between the rudder pedals and the firewall. . .not to mention the entire prop (except for a small section of the tips.

The other problem is that there isn't any fuel information so you can't even start it. I checked the cfg file and other than the title [fuel] and one line for the fuel type there's nothing to indicate number of tanks, total fuel, etc. When I went to check the Fuel and payload section, the fuel portion was grayed out and indicated a -13.65lbs. I tried adding a section from a similar type to see if it would allow the airplane to start but it made no difference so there must be more to this than my very limited knowledge of the cfg file.

Too bad actually because it does have potential but there are too many problems to get by first.

First of all, thank you for answering. I downloaded the file you located from Simviation and encountered the same problems you mention; I couldn't get the a/c to start. I had better luck than you, however. I cut and pasted the [fuel] parameters from an HE-112 into the He-100D aircraft.cfg and got the engine to keep running. I have no idea how accurate this is to the actual plane, but I was able to get it flying. I also transferred a Bf-109 engine control window into the panel config. I feel better about this last because according to my reading the Bf-109E and He-100 used the same Daimler-Benz engine. I also replaced the prop3 texture with something a little less obtrusive. As you mention, the forward view is limited in the VC, but once off the runway this is less of a problem. I'm also considering adding a Bf-109 2D panel, probably from an "f" model. So far, I haven't been able to solve the problem with the transparent cockpit floor. The pilot is also invisible in DX10 on my system, sort of like Predator.

I have an old issue of Wings or Airpower that features the HE-100, but so far I haven't been able to find it. I started looking last night, but just then my refrigerator started acting up, so I still have no info on the fuel tanks. If I find any, I'll definitely post.

Many Thanks,

JAMES

PS Who is that little cutie in your avatar? You must get asked all the time.
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

For easier starting...make this change in the [piston engine] normalized_starter_torque=0.025000
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Here's the culprit at the heart of the problem. I changed the two VC placeholder colors to 1,1,1 to allow them to show up.

Current System Specs:

I'm willing to bet that somebody like Mike Pook or A.F.Scrub over a Simviation could fix this problem. They do a lot of these type mods and fixes for older vintage aircraft to work in FSX. Robert

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    I'm willing to bet that somebody like Mike Pook or A.F.Scrub over a Simviation could fix this problem. They do a lot of these type mods and fixes for older vintage aircraft to work in FSX. Robert
    I've e-mailed Michael with some pics of the problem to see what his take is and if anything can be done given the age of the model.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 2