New Nimitz Class Carrier - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Nimitz Class Carrier

Phantom88

1m

Some New pics in ED screenshot section…maybe news later?

Phantom88
    1m

Some New pics in ED screenshot section…maybe news later?

Patrick

Little snip from today's Sale video
    post image

Patrick

***Oh Boy!!!***

Patrick

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Well, that about sums it up for naval aviation. If the Tomcat wasn't enough to sway you and if you're still not DCS-ing, you should be. Nothing else comes close.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Breaking News…SuperCarrier Forum now up on DCShttps://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=715

Patrick

****In the latter part of 2019, we released a video showing off some of the early fun parts of this project. We are now nearing the finish line. Much of the remaining work involves adjusting the complex deck crew animations to support the launching of aircraft from all four catapults; ship lights that include the floodlights, the Improved Fresnel Optical Landing System (IFLOLS), and landing area lights; damage modelling; network copy protection; and up to 14 spawn points in multiplayer for client aircraft.

Following the early access release, more features will be added that include a briefing room, more ships of the class, player IFLOLS operation, and more.****
    We are pleased to announce that the DCS: Supercarrier module will also include a greatly updated Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier (without deck animation), the Su-33 Flanker D for DCS World (for those of you who don’t already own it), and the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer!

• The Kuznetsov is a Russian-built aircraft carrier that is substantially improved over the existing version in DCS World. It is a completely new model with detailed geometry, textures, lighting, and animations. Players can operate the Su-33 Flanker D from the Kuznetsov, including carrier landings and ski-jump ramp takeoffs. In addition to a formidable suite of surface-to-air defenses, the Kuznetsov is also armed with P-700 Granit anti-ship cruise missiles. The Kuznetsov sister ship, the Varyag, was sold to China and now serves in the Chinese Navy as the Liaoning.
    • A cornerstone of today’s American Carrier Battle Group (CVBG) is an array of Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers. Built around the SPY-1D radar and AEGIS battle management system, the Arleigh Burke-class provides an effective air defense umbrella around the CVBG and is also armed with Harpoon and Tomahawk cruise missiles, close-in gun systems, torpedoes, and a 5-inch deck gun.

***These new naval elements to DCS World will be at home in the recently announced Mariana Islands map. Although the island portion of the map will be approximately 400x400 km, the overall map size will be 1000x1000 km in order to provide realistic ranges for modern-day naval operations, sensors, and weapon systems.

As with the new Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model for Supercarrier, the Kuznetsov and Arleigh Burke will be visible to all in multiplayer, regardless if you own the Supercarrier module.

DCS: Supercarrier will be available for pre-order on January 17th with a 30% discount and will deliver as an Open Beta by the end of Q1 2020. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C will receive a discount when purchasing DCS: Supercarrier.****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCS-Supercarrier_01.jpg   DCS-Supercarrier_02.jpg  
    Last edited by Phantom88; January 10th, 2020 at 07:29. Reason: added info

Patrick

Nothing like flying DCS around the boat now, so this new module will be mind blowing I'm sure. Only one week. (When does it become January 17th in the DCS Store? I need to get this the first minute it comes available.)

Just got new booties (MFG Crosswind rudder pedals). What a good experience with their new Web Store. 7 days from Coatia to MN, nice.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Nothing like flying DCS around the boat now, so this new module will be mind blowing I'm sure. Only one week. (When does it become January 17th in the DCS Store? I need to get this the first minute it comes available.)

Just got new booties (MFG Crosswind rudder pedals). What a good experience with their new Web Store. 7 days from Coatia to MN, nice.
    Hello Jay Congrats on the new peddles.....Although The SupperCarrier Pack will become available for Pre-Order on The 17th,It most likely won't be available to Download till February,March as it's Delivery Date is slated for Quarter One of 2020.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post

DCS: Supercarrier will be available for pre-order on January 17th with a 30% discount and will deliver as an Open Beta by the end of Q1 2020. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C will receive a discount when purchasing DCS: Supercarrier.****

I wonder if the discount for Hornet owners stacks with the pre order discount? Was not even aware that Hornet owners were getting a discount, so it should be great either way.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I wonder if the discount for Hornet owners stacks with the pre order discount? Was not even aware that Hornet owners were getting a discount, so it should be great either way.
    Hmmmmm....My guess would be not,A 30% discount is already very size able ,I can't see how they could give so many owners of their Flagship Product a deeper discount than that..but...I hope I'm wrong?

Patrick

25 to 30% is pretty darn fair IMO. I appreciate the gesture to be honest we want to keep their cash flow going to keep them in business for future products.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    25 to 30% is pretty darn fair IMO. I appreciate the gesture to be honest we want to keep their cash flow going to keep them in business for future products.
    Roger that! I appreciate the fact that they have stayed in business and continue (year after year) to improve their product. Kudos to them!
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Agreed, we want them to stay in business, think how much good stuff is to come.

DCS: Supercarrier

Pre-purchase
    Requires DCS World version 2.5.6 or above!
    DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is a nuclear-powered fortress at sea with a crew of over 6,000 sailors and airmen. The angled flight deck with arrestor wires and four steam-powered catapults support air wing operations of up to 90 aircraft. The ship also includes a formidable air defense system that includes the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile and RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) missiles, and Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) gun system. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is the ultimate power projection weapon.
    $49.99
    $34.99
    Miles: 3490
    STEAM Incompatible
    Keyless product
    More
    [PRE-PURCHASE](javascript:void(0))
    Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.
    Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.
    Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Patrick

**Hornet Owners save 50%**

"
    We are pleased to announce that DCS: Supercarrier is available for pre-order with great savings! Pre-order DCS: Supercarrier and save 30% off the $49.99 retail value. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will receive an additional 20% off, for a total savings of 50%. This is on top of ED Miles you may apply."

Patrick

Done and used some "miles" towards the purchase with all the other discounts, under $20USD isn't too bad.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Done. Now the only thing to do is complain about when "Early Access" will start (just kidding).
    Jay

Just ordered mine. The discount and being a Hornet owner, that was a great discount! Looking forward to getting her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh Boy, with discount and miles it cost me less then 10 bucks
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Pre purchase complete. Now I am hanging for it to come out though

Only $24.99 USD (about $37 AUD) for me, so pretty happy with that. It's gonna be great.

Getting the DCS world update downloaded and the Carrier will be the first purchase after it completes!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 1