FSX Load Time Boost?

Thread: FSX Load Time Boost?

FSX Load Time Boost?

Normally there are plenty of threads on here saying, "Why has my FSX performance gone down suddenly?" My question is the reverse.

All of a sudden the load time I've been experiencing seems to have dropped substantially. I'm pretty sure it was up at about 5 to 6 minutes and now it seems to have suddenly dropped to around 2 minutes from the flight selection screen to sitting in the cockpit. (This is with the Avro Tutor and ORB-X EGPA Popham which is my "home" GA airport.

I'm loading from a 223G SSD which just has FS stuff on it. It's now just over half full - 119G occupied. Windows is on a separate SSD.

I'm wary of "snake-oil" solutions but I did just delete a load of stuff from the SSD - it was around 75% full - so would that have caused the speed up? If so, it could be a hint to any of you out there that have bad load times.

Solid state drives begin to show performance loss when they are more than 75% full, so your deletion of files may be what lead to faster load times.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Solid state drives begin to show performance loss when they are more than 75% full....
    Good to know. That must have been it!

Members who have read this thread: 2