C-47 update - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-47 update

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth
    I'm interested in this new C-47, and I thank AH for all the work they must be putting into it.

Right now the only non-A2A aircraft I fly in P3D v4.5 is the MJ C-47. I'll buy this new C-47 if it turns out to be a significant improvement over my trusty MJ C-47 v 3.14, but if I do, I'll always miss Ernie and Nancy.

Seeya
    ATB

PaintKit

OK I suppose it's time to ask that question...

What are people expecting to see in a PBR paintkit? Bearing in mind that there will be NO conventional materials in this model.

Baz-

Whilst discussing various support sundries, could I please advocate releasing with a PFPX profile? That would be splendid when setting up short quick “sundowner runs” at the end of a long day from the salt mines .

Ta- C

Hiya Bax..

Any tasty morsels you can share to keep me salivating ?

Ta- C

Nothing right now C. We have completed the modeling and mapping on the Wright (right hand pax door) version and are in the middle of a massive PBR session.

Work continuing is good news indeed... this will be a day 1 purchase for me (and I suspect many here at SOH)... looking forward to her!

Best- Carl

Wright-o, here's a couple of in-flight shots of the Wright Cyclone-powered DC-3 in American Airlines livery, complete with the streamlined faring over the windshield de-icing pipes . Getting a believable polish on the alloy is definitely a challenge in PBR.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AmericanAirlinesA.jpg  

That is looking really fantastic, Bazzar! Digging the Wright Cyclones too. ; )

Looking very good, Baz!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Brilliant! Pun fully intended . The Cyclones are a great addition to the sim fleet!

Now, looking forward to you prattling on about the Pratts .

C

Hope I'm not stealing Baz' thunder here, but...

...Aeroplane Heaven's Facebook page has a pretty comprehensive update on the C-47/Dak: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...23077631163948

I'm not sure if a Facebook account is required to read it. I have one, and I'm always logged in, so I'm never clear on whether a page is accessible to non-FB users.

If it isn't... or if you're allergic to Facebook... FS Elite has a summary: https://fselite.net/previews/aeropla...opment-update/

She's looking quite... QUITE!... good.

And the range of available variants is pretty impressive too, to say the least.

Good stuff!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan- Ta for the heads up! What a FANTASTIC post on FB- lots of detail there- hopefully Barry won't mind the plagiarism...

Now where did I put my specs....
    We thought it might be time for us to publish a major update on the C-47/DC-3 package.
    It's been nearly 10 years since we produced a "Dak" and as this aeroplane is one of our personal,
    firm favourites we want to do it justice.

So, here are the specifications, as of today's date. They may change a little as we get closer to release but this should give
    an idea of the scope of this project.

Aeroplane Heaven Douglas C-47 Skytrain/ DC-3 Dakota Specifications
    Exterior models:
    C-47 Skytrain with droppable paratroops
    DC-3 Pratt&Whitney engined, left passenger door
    DC-3 Pratt&Whitney engined, Cargo/Passenger doors
    DC-3 Wright Cyclone engined, right passenger door

Highly accurate, fully detailed models with many working animations.
    Exceptionally high detail, authentic 3D modeled engines complete with individual cylinder fins, valve gear, spark plugs and leads etc.
    High Definition modeling including detail down to opening telescopic battery doors, batteries and compartments
    Passenger versions have detailed galley areas including tea and coffee urns, crockery, teapots and coffe pots!
    Full PBR (Physical Based Rendering) texturing of the entire exteriors and detailed components like anding gear, tyres etc.
    Texture techniques allow for dull,natural and highly polished alloy surfaces and paint.
    Realistic animated flight crew and static ground personnel.
    Support vehicle, chocks, pre-flight flags etc.
    C-47 has a (optional) fully-modeled compliment of paratroops in realistic pose and 18 droppable parachutists

Interior models:
    C-47 military-style cockpit with detailed fittings, and controls.
    DC-3 civilian style cockpit with detailed fittings and controls.
    The DC-3 civilian version is fitted with Flight 1 GNS and REX WX integration in hidden compartment.
    The C-47 cockpit will have provision for "modern" avionics, concealed behind the working Sperry Gyropilot panel.

Highly accurate and beautifully modeled controls and equipment as per the real cockpit.
    Instruments have "3D paint" faces and are equipped with 3D modeled needles complete with pivot pins!
    Realistic starting is modeled with "Sart/Mesh" combination switches. "15-blade" starts are possible.
    All hydraulic and pressurised equipemnt is modeled and fully functional.
    Correct actions for throttles, mixture (gated) and prop levers.
    Full PBR materials and textures throughout the entire cockpit.

C-47 has a full paratroop cabin with paratroops preparing for a drop.(optional)
    DC-3 has cockpit ONLY
    Flight dynamics are authored by some of the best in the business and are very accurate to the real machines.
    Which eans they are challenging.

Sounds are authentic and dynamic, sourced from real aircraft starts and running.
    We have yet to lock down the final release configuration but it is highly likely that the C-47 will be released separateyl to the DC-3.
    Each will have multiple international liveries included in the base packs and we will also be issuing livery packs as follows:
    The Warbirds
    "Thats all Brother" The ship that led the armada on D-Day June 6th 1944
    A typical camouflage scheme from wartime RAF
    Royal Air Force Transport Command
    Royal New Zealand Air Force
    Royal Australian Air Force
    Bolivian Air Force
    French Red Cross
    Royal Canadian Air Force
    Norwegian Air Force

The Americans
    Braniff Airways
    Lae Central Airways
    Air New England
    Western

The Silver Birds
    Amaeriacn Airlines
    Delta Airlines
    Trans Texas Airlines
    Eastern Airlines
    United Airlines
    TWA

The British
    British United
    Dan Air
    Derby Airways
    British European Airways
    British Overseas Airways
    Aer Lingus
    Air Anglia

The Europeans
    Transair Sweden
    Air France
    KLM
    Swissair
    Olympic Airways
    Sabena
    Iberian

The South Americans
    There's a wealth of colourful schemes we can choose from and we have yet to finalize the choice.
    However, a few could be:
    B.A.F.I.N
    Sansa
    El Venado
    Tagua
    Viarco
    Columbian Petrol co.
    Sadelca (restored "silver bird"

As we have indicated, some of the above will be included in the base packs. We will advise the final list when we are ready to release.
    So far there are 49 liveries. Most of which are still to be painted. Please don't ask when this product will be released
    as, as you can see there is a mountain of work still ahead. We are going as fast as we can but PBR is not a quick process and requires a lot of patience and time to get right.

We'll have more news soon.

For now... that's all brother

Reading that made my day- looking very much forward to this one!

THAT- almost made me lose my lunch- SIMPLY SUPERBE!

C
    Last edited by cavaricooper; September 9th, 2019 at 10:39.

...any more morsels to salivate over? The thought of her keeps me up some nights

C

I really think releasing Civil and Military versions as separate packages is excellent marketing and welcome indeed.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

You need to get out more Carl....

OK how about a fully functional (as per factory that is, they never got it right in the sims) Sperry Gyro Pilot. We now have one of those. Also correct gated mixture controls with spring-loaded triggers and a lock-out emergency wire.

actually, reading that back, I need to get out more...

Duplicate- please ignore!

B-

Nah- ‘tis stuff dreams are made of

“As long as we both keep wearing black, it’ll be alright.”
    (now who said that?)

Ta- C

One of my favourites.... "the great thing about taxidermy is that it goes with anything.." - Norman Bates.

Barry- tell us she yet lives, and doesn't need a mount (I have several of those, but I want the kind that reminds me to wear a cap on the walk around)

C

PS- re. the Hurri, she looks splendid, Sidney is smiling!

Fear not, she lives and breathes. This is an enormous package to complete so patience is required. I promise, she's not far away.

Good to hear! Happy Thanksgiving from the Colonies

C

Hi, its a little long time without any news about progress of this bird from AH side?
    So any info about release date?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We are nearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We are nearly there.
    Thx Bazz, any new shots for thirsty people?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0