Bohemian Avro

Thread: Bohemian Avro

Hybrid View

Bohemian Avro

and another one... this time the sole licence built Tatra T-126 (variant of Avro 626) which was under construction when Germany invaded Czechoslovakia in 1939, and thus never completed.

I have only been able to locate 2 photo's ;
    both which show it under construction in the Ringhoffer-Tatra factory; being mated to an Avia RK17 engine and it appears to be without the 3rd 'cockpit' of most 626 models, ie same as RAF Mk II Tutor. Colours based on typical Czech colours of the period.

http://aviators.cz/en/history-of-Tatra-airplanes

Comments welcome before I upload

ttfn

Pete

Beautiful work

Cheers
    L'iguane

Blog Entries
    Pete, I certainly like that livery. You might check the orientation specs of the wing markings.
    I believe that the white field on the wing roundels face outboard, and the red field inboard,
    on each wing panel. Any Czech livery, civil or military, is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Pete, I certainly like that livery. You might check the orientation specs of the wing markings.
    I believe that the white field on the wing roundels face outboard, and the red field inboard,
    on each wing panel. Any Czech livery, civil or military, is much appreciated.
    I did wonder that, the only reference I found was blue forwards. Won't take long to fix.

Ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    Pete, the book Czechoslovakian Air Force 1918-1970 is my only reference that specifically mentions Czech markings.
    It states; "In 1926...The old flag-type national markings was replaced by a circle with equal red-white-blue segments; the
    circle was initially outlined in blue, but after 1933 it sometimes appeared with a red edge. Again, the white segments were
    always painted outboard. This color scheme was used until 1939."

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Pete, the book Czechoslovakian Air Force 1918-1970 is my only reference that specifically mentions Czech markings.
    It states; "In 1926...The old flag-type national markings was replaced by a circle with equal red-white-blue segments; the
    circle was initially outlined in blue, but after 1933 it sometimes appeared with a red edge. Again, the white segments were
    always painted outboard. This color scheme was used until 1939."
    Thanks; corrected those now ; take a look at v2 ...
    I've added a tail code (fictional) the badge of Czech First Air regiment ; and a 'Felix the Cat' ; both latter based on Praga biplane markings found on Wings Pallette.

What do you think?

ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    It looks great Pete. The First Air Regiment heraldic and Felix add some nice details. Thanks for putting this together.

Members who have read this thread: 0