Ms flight simulator: Xbox PC

Thread: Ms flight simulator: Xbox PC

Ms flight simulator: Xbox PC

Last edited by stovall; June 10th, 2019 at 06:47.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I saw this earlier today. So what is the deal, is this on XBox platform or PC? Heard differing statements about it. Looks damn good!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

According to Polygon, it will be Xbox and PC. Let's wait and see what the license terms and SDK are like.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

One thing looks certain....it's using RAY TRACING.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Wow, give me some time to pick my jaw up off of the floor. It looks amazing.

Having said that, I have to see if it is going to allow us to install user created content, or if we'll have to buy everything through MS before I get too excited.

It does look amazing and do hope its not just XBox. Wonder if it will be an extension of FSX, Flight or something completely new.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

It's PC and XBOX!

It's new.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Primary on pc based on their Twitter post.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

MS flight looked great when the first previews came out

Dovetail games looked great when it first previewed

AF2 looked great when it too was previewed

for the whole "game" to be in that much detail for the whole world "out of the box", we are going to look at lots of GBs, i mean lots of GB

So im calling BS, its going to be based around a console platform ported to PC

Simple really. Far too early in the development to make a call about anything. A year is a very long time in tech/software. For me it seems like a tech demo for the technology BEHIND the simulator. DX12 ( 13 ? ), robust network infrastructure, Azure AI and access to high detailed satellite imagery and of course project scarlett ( whose logo looks a lot like the syfy channel tv idents ! ).

I for one hope that it is an evolution rather than a revolution. However think about your feelings on the subject of flightsimulator hobby before the announcement. Guess what ? Nothing's changed! LM will still ready a V5.0 they arent going to suddenly pivot and do something else. Though AI has me wondering if they are looking into AI as well. It would make sense from a training point of view.

I Hope in 2020 I come back to this very post and laugh my butt off at how wrong I was. That would be gold.

Future me : do we have hoverboards yet ?

Actually I don't doubt that it will be in this much detail. I think that it will only be available to those with Ray Tracing machines. Remember it doesn't release until 2020. Probably coinciding oth the new XBOX machine. PC will likely require a 4K native system. My guess is RTX 2070Ti or 2080 or above to cut it. An RTX 2080Ti is fully capable of rendering a complete 4k scene real time in photo realism.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    MS flight looked great when the first previews came out

Dovetail games looked great when it first previewed

AF2 looked great when it too was previewed

for the whole "game" to be in that much detail for the whole world "out of the box", we are going to look at lots of GBs, i mean lots of GB

So im calling BS, its going to be based around a console platform ported to PC
    It been build for PC. Their official Twitter post states “The sky's the limit in Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC”.

The scenery is most likely downloaded on the fly from satellite data.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Actually I don't doubt that it will be in this much detail. I think that it will only be available to those with Ray Tracing machines. Remember it doesn't release until 2020. Probably coinciding oth the new XBOX machine. PC will likely require a 4K native system. My guess is RTX 2070Ti or 2080 or above to cut it. An RTX 2080Ti is fully capable of rendering a complete 4k scene real time in photo realism.
    It will not require a 4K native PC.

MS gaming is primarily directed at the console genre

All the games that have been adopted to PC have often been flops or poor renditions of the console version

Their website is primarily directing it at the xbox and then saying PC too (after the fact)

Would be nice everyones hopes are met but but i dont seeing this as the sliver bullet everyone is hoping for

I have read in several articles that it is "Powered by Microsoft's Azure Cloud". What that means I don't know, but does cloud based mean the content is somehow streamed? Looking forward to hearing more.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I have read in several articles that it is "Powered by Microsoft's Azure Cloud". What that means I don't know, but does cloud based mean the content is somehow streamed? Looking forward to hearing more.
    you can find a lot of answers here https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...rosoft.445504/

If it's powered by the cloud, then it'll be a streamed game. That is pretty sweet in terms of technology, but that also means that you will not have anything stored on the local PC. Which means no user made liveries. No tweaking. Micro-transactions for those things. Which is not cool. Too early to make any judgements, but, if it ends up being like FSW, it'll last for about a year. Because "Gamers" simply don't care about flying from point A to Point B. Not exciting enough. As a texture artist, I would never pay for a paint job, EVER. Not when I can make them myself. So, while the GFX engine looks INCREDIBLE....I willing to bet that a new GFX overhaul of P3D that has been hinted at for v5+ will likely look like this but maintain the open 3rd party dev status quo.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    If it's powered by the cloud, then it'll be a streamed game. That is pretty sweet in terms of technology, but that also means that you will not have anything stored on the local PC. Which means no user made liveries. No tweaking. Micro-transactions for those things. Which is not cool. Too early to make any judgements, but, if it ends up being like FSW, it'll last for about a year. Because "Gamers" simply don't care about flying from point A to Point B. Not exciting enough. As a texture artist, I would never pay for a paint job, EVER. Not when I can make them myself. So, while the GFX engine looks INCREDIBLE....I willing to bet that a new GFX overhaul of P3D that has been hinted at for v5+ will likely look like this but maintain the open 3rd party dev status quo.
    +1

As long as I am not able to decide by my own and/or keep own made changes of parts of the simulator, I never will pay a cent for it. We have to wait and see what finally will be offered - I for one will never ever change to any other flightsim as I own currently (P3D) if only because of all the addons I got. But I could vision MS new sim as another platform like XP or AF2. In addition to it I have no idea where MS will grab the profit at all current competition, but I will disabuse myself willingly....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Well bethesda are doing the orion service which works a little differently apparently. They're working with ID games to make performance increases at the game engine end. they are quoting a potential 20% increase in performance. How I see that working is something where you install the game and then you "readyboost" ( remember that? ) the game to get more frames. That would be a subscription service IMO like online renderfarms for Archviz people.

Now take a company like MS who know everything about you and your system. They can apply the azure AI to intelligently maximise the performance on the fly. I suppose it would be like googles stadia but working as an augmentation rather than a full stream. If you're into that sort of thing and plenty of people are then thumbsup.

Again all too early to really speculate. In fact there will most likely be another E3 before the release so things may change again.

Before then the question becomes : P3d v5.0 ? Knowing what is coming a person may now be less inclined to jump to V5.0

Unless v5 comes out and has a new GFX with Ray Tracing and self reflection.....for me the rest is child's play. I'd like those core updates. To lighting Shadow and Relfection.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I'm a little in shock over this. I just got a hand-me-down new PC from my son (now I KNOW I'm getting old ) and was planning on loading Windows 10 and P3Dv4 on it, now I'm not so sure. It'll still get Win10 on it, but I've got so much invested in FSX I'm not sure it's worth it to upgrade to P3Dv4 knowing I have to repurchase a bunch of stuff and will need to do that again with FS20 comes out. I may still do it and just limit my upgrading to P3Dv4 to just a few of my favorite planes....

You don't really need to repurchase a lot of stuff for P3Dv4+. Orbx FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC all upgrades for free which is a big bonus. AI carriers, Plan G, Little Nav Map, even TTools! all work. Most of you FSX native planes can be dragged and dropped into it. The cost of the sim itself is less than one over priced payware aircraft which I have a few too many of!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I'm a little in shock over this. I just got a hand-me-down new PC from my son (now I KNOW I'm getting old ) and was planning on loading Windows 10 and P3Dv4 on it, now I'm not so sure. It'll still get Win10 on it, but I've got so much invested in FSX I'm not sure it's worth it to upgrade to P3Dv4 knowing I have to repurchase a bunch of stuff and will need to do that again with FS20 comes out. I may still do it and just limit my upgrading to P3Dv4 to just a few of my favorite planes....
    Uh sorry But are you truly considering not upgrading to p3d v4 because of a trailer of a simulator which is a year ( at least ) away that

a. Will most likely not run well on your hand me down pc ( the specs needed to run it at what you saw in the trailer are going to be big )
    b. May very well not have full content at release
    c. May not have 3rd party support built in.
    d. May not have 3rd party support ( eg the other way round ) .
    e. Will most likely require an always on internet connection

000rick000 is very hopeful for the future of all things flight sim. and rightly he should be . He has the requisite high end computer to run it. For us mere mortals ( and that is you unless your son has handed you down an top end i7 or i9 with a 2080 Ti!! ) the new flightsim is nice but my little i5 and 1060 is not going to run it anywhere close to that.I can run p3d v4 well enough. I cant tweak it ( it is a test machine ) but the programmes exist where I could get some really convincing video and look and feels on a system that I can run right now and a system that I still understand.

Just a little perplexed at the thinking.
    Last edited by pilto von pilto; June 11th, 2019 at 14:55. Reason: Changed day one to full

If I were to commit to this version of MSFS it would run on my current system, certainly if I follow my next upgrade over the next couple of months.
    But (there's always a but) given that the projected roll out is a good 12 months away, and if it follows the usual Microcrud crash and burn patching I will be holding well off.
    Of course, P3Dv5 is lurking in the wings so a new MSFS might be a non-event for me.
    However, it is supposedly 12 months away, so there's absolutely no reason to get all warm and runny at this point in time.

Just for the moment DILLIGAF?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0