Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

Only if it's XXXX.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Beer.

Not only a beverage, but it can be a meal as well.

Now you've got my attention.

Might come in handy to wash down the popcorn! Hic.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

there's the things that never change though you wish they would..and then there's the things you'd like to have remain the same for as long as possible - yet away they go in twice the hurry.

and here y'all are whangin' away at each other over something no one knows a damn thing about.

everyone wanted a better FSX since it was released - this might be that and it might not. Right now it's just mystery meat. Period.

"fear is the mind killer"
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Welcome to Flightsim Alcoholics Anonymous (FAA).
    So that's what "FAA" really stands for!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

FUI... some of u r!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    FUI... some of u r!

A little disappointing that the aliens don't have better tastes in beverages.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Latest news!

https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/

“Update to an update about an update” – AVSIM member post

Heading into the last week of July the team is excitedly awaiting the arrival of August. There are a number of big updates planned for August and September starting with the V1 release of the Development Roadmap.
    Within the next few weeks we’ll be providing the official release date for the Development Roadmap, in the meantime, we’d like to share a few of the deliverables from this plan:

• August (Early/Mid) – Insider Program kickoff
      • First batch of content for the Insider Program members is being prepared for delivery:
        • Advanced preview of the Development Roadmap
        • “In-Sim” content – clips captured from build.
        • Preview Build Program – Detailed information on first build deliverable, Insider participation sign-up

• August (Mid/Late) – Development Roadmap Release (v.2019.08/drr1)
      • Development beats through EOY 2019
        • Build Program Recruitment and Release timeline
        • SDK Update
        • 3rd Party Content Update
        • UGC Content Update

• August (Late) – Build Program Kickoff
      • Preview Build Program – Detailed information on first preview build deliverable
      • Preview Build Program – Public Participation sign-up
      • Preview Build Program – Preview of next build details

“What we want” – AVSIM Thread
    There are two important plans we will be sharing with you in September:

1. The pipeline for how we will provide an in-depth look at the product we are building.
    2. The process for how we will integrate the community into this process to facilitate a collaborative partnership to bring this product to launch.

Threads like this on AVSIM, and across all the forums we pay close attention to, are truly valued by the team. So though we may not be directly interacting with you at the moment, we hear you. August is about setting expectations, providing a clear Development Roadmap outlining how we get from today to launch. September is about how we accomplish that task, together.

“Early August for Insider… Hope I get in.” – Reddit User r/flightsim
    MSFS – You’re in. In August we’ll kick-off the Insider Program. Insiders will be able to login to the site and be given access to the Insider area, and not just redirected to the FAQ, as per current.

“I want to pay for it in unmarked, non-sequential, low denomination bills, placed in three black plastic bin bags, left on the third floor of an abandoned multi-story car park, at midnight.” – AVSIM User
    MSFS – Done. Once you make the drop, head south 3 kilometers. Locate a metal trash bin, retrieve mobile phone at bottom of bin. At 1:06AM text “no subscription”. Await further instruction.

“Microsoft don’t read AVSIM or any other forums, they read their own gaming forums and insiders community forums, it is standard company policy.” – AVSIM User
    MSFT – Well this is awkward…

Finally, the team would like to take a moment to call attention to AVSIM mod 188AHC. Your effort and contributions do not go unnoticed. Thank you.

Next update coming August 8th!

Sincerely,
    The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

PS: Hint — Announcement coming next update:

I'm a lurker at avsim (registered but never posted). I have been following the various topics about MFS, and it's really funny to see the replies from MS in that update.
    A bit disappointed with the content of that update, but not disappointed at all with their communication skills
    I'm not sure how much forums they really follow, but they confirmed they at least read avsim carefully. I'm glad they are looking more open to community interactions than in the past.

Interesting when I posted that info the MFSX wasn't there. That showed up later.

PS: Hint — Announcement coming next update:

Sounds encouraging.

Announcement Regarding FSX? Interesting. Probably shutting down support and activation services for it. Need to shut down all remaining competition to their new product that they can prior to release of their new Sim.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

What is UGC content? User Guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    What is UGC content? User Guide?
    User Generated Content?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm curious if that joke "Text 'no subscription' - and await further instructions" has some truth to it. that would be amazing if it were NOT subscription based.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

August 15 UPDATE

If you have an insider account MS posted two screenshots and four videos.

Truly amazing! Gota sees the clouds in the video.

My question is...

What kind of computer is it going to take to run this? I can't run P3DV4x on mine now and I can't afford to buy new equipment just to fly, paying for other things like a car and a house that take a little more priority. Exciting news? I don't know if it is for me or not.

Video by gibbage1 talking about the update.

Watched The Videos

I watched the videos and thought they looked great...went to Flightsimulator.com to sign up for the Insider to get first hand updates. That never worked because I REFUSE to create an X-box profile for them. Asked MS for help and they connect me with X-box support chat that didn't help at all because he admitted after 15 minutes of click and type that he didn't know a thing about the flight simulator and said he would give me a link which he gave me to X-box support. Duh!!! with a CAPITAL D. Tufun did you have to create an X-box profile to get in or how did you join Insider. I did the signup; email confirmation and that's when all this X-box junk started. Am I unhappy right now?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I watched the videos and thought they looked great...went to Flightsimulator.com to sign up for the Insider to get first hand updates. That never worked because I REFUSE to create an X-box profile for them. Asked MS for help and they connect me with X-box support chat that didn't help at all because he admitted after 15 minutes of click and type that he didn't know a thing about the flight simulator and said he would give me a link which he gave me to X-box support. Duh!!! with a CAPITAL D. Tufun did you have to create an X-box profile to get in or how did you join Insider. I did the signup; email confirmation and that's when all this X-box junk started. Am I unhappy right now?
    I have a Microsoft account for my Windows 10 account and Microsoft Casual Gamer account which use Xbox Live. Don't know if it's required since I had these account last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    That never worked because I REFUSE to create an X-box profile for them.
    Just out of curiosity: Why ?

I don't remember creating an XBox profile... maybe I did in the past ? Not sure.
    The website identified me with my Windows10/Outlook accout (I use hotmail for my emails since a very long time), and I also have an Office365 subscription...
    Never had an XBox, but maybe I performed the steps to create a profile in the past and I don't remember?...
    Anyways, I just signed up for the insider program, received an email, clicked on the confirmation link, and that's all.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Announcement Regarding FSX? Interesting. Probably shutting down support and activation services for it. Need to shut down all remaining competition to their new product that they can prior to release of their new Sim.
    That will be in violation of consumer protection laws .... unless they just put in place a process where activation is no longer required....

Members who have read this thread: 0