Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019
Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

Ummmmm. This looks like reality. I haven't seen anything look better.....

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4
    Last edited by stovall; June 10th, 2019 at 06:03.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Just saw the live video of E3 Microsoft presentation. Beautiful!

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/09/microsoft-flight-simulator-announced-e3-2019

Last edited by stovall; June 10th, 2019 at 06:02. Reason: Change Title

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

And note that it said during the press conference that it's coming to Windows 10 PC and Xbox, lest anyone be worried about that.

I found this link as well. Just saw it on TV. Looks nice. For Xbox AND PC.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/09/m...aking-realism/

Don

Did you see that Ray tracing!!!!! Those flocks of birds and animals. The heat of the engine exhaust!!!!!! Self reflection!!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

The night lighting and reflection off the aircraft! I'm at a complete loss of words.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

To the SOH Admin. Let's join the replies in this thread to the one started my TuFun, as his title reflects the sim only and it's now known it's not an XBOX exclusive. Thanks!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Preview certainly looks very visually compelling. Certainly liked the land & city-scapes. Remains to be seen on which directions it goes - Realism, etc.
    I guess I really did not want to save for retirement anyways.....

Bill

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well, this caught me flatfooted. I'm sure this is on par with the 64 Bit P3d V4 (series) and it looks fantastic. Now, I will just have to wait and see more info on MSFS 2019.
    My rig in only a couple months old and has the mobo/vid card and memory to run P3D V4 (that was why I did an upgrade but never did plunk down the $$$ for P3D V4 and
    all the upgraded addons that it would need. It looks now that and I'm sure the Devs will now have another moneymaker for them to cater (perhaps) to the new flightsim after
    just coding for P3D v4. At any rate, what ever 64 bit sim I go for, I'll have to pony up for the addons that I already have of P3D V3 (32 bit). I do like the trailer vid for the 2019
    flightsim but wonder what extent the freeware devs will cater to it as well and the payware folks.

Currently, I am happy with what I have (P3D V3) and I know those that made the jump toe P3D V4 are even happier.
    With the announcement of FS 2019, I am at the crossroads of waiting for FS 2019 to come out (price $$$?) vs P3D V4 (Academic version).
    I saw the vid on Virtual pilot and not as impressed. Just my 2 cents....

Thanks all for posting this! Like Gray Eagle I was caught off-guard on my flat-as-a-duck's feet! It will be interesting to see the progress as it moves forward.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Hopefully this won't turn into the disaster that was "Microsoft Flight", but since they are marketing this for XBox as well it appears that it will have a similar structure; Basic simulation platform + pony up for super detailed aircraft and scenery. Don't count on ANY backward compatibility with either FSX or Prepar3D v.4...
    Just my two bits worth, and I'm really hoping this will happen.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

If we’re ever going to move forward we have to stop the backwards compatibility notion, it’s holding us back as painful as it might be.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

We have been waiting for this since 2006!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Well... This was certainly unexpected, to say the least...

I agree with the concerns above though: let's hope this is not another "MS Flight" or "Flight Sim World" catastrophe...

Soooo.... Did I get this right? The largest flightsim expo is currently being held in Orlando and Microsoft goes to the E3 to announce a new flight simulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    Soooo.... Did I get this right? The largest flightsim expo is currently being held in Orlando and Microsoft goes to the E3 to announce a new flight simulator?
    A flight simulator expo is going to have a few thousand attendees at best, and almost zero coverage from bigger gaming oriented websites. A presentation at E3 gets an audience of millions online, and a ton of coverage from big gamine sites, so this exposes it to a much larger potential audience than a flight sim expo.

ummm... that shot of the tubeliner landing. Are we really going to have "on the fly" control over focal length and depth of field? Seriously? And in some of the shots, those clouds don't look 3D, more like a spherical photo projection...interesting

I'm imagining we're seeing some preproduction shots. I'm happy. Backwards compatibility would be nice, but I won't be upset if it's not there.

Good to have more competition for X-Plane. Maybe it'll force him to get ground and water handling worked out. Like others, after the MS Flight debacle, I'll hold my thoughts on FS19, but it looks good, psyched about the possibilities.

That shot is great. If you look closely I'm the video you'll see the heat blur from the exhaust.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0