Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019 - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

Glad It Works For You

I have a Microsoft Account...I have an Xbox profile...every time I try and open up to see the updates all I get is an unexpected error try again later. I would really like to try and be a part of the Alpha team to see if this will work on my system and how but am getting very frustrated with this. You got any ideas?

Managing to get in by repeatedly pressing enter I'm in now an hour later I may get something to work who knows.

This is probably the most confusing thing I have tried to do in a long time but I finally got an answer...I am Windows 7 NOT Windows 10 so I cannot get an Xbox APP and therefore cannot participate. That's OK. I am relaying this to anyone else who is not on Windows 10 or later don't bother trying.

I think that's a given for MSFS being on Windows 10 since Xbox is on that OS. As for FSX who knows maybe an update to DX11 giving it a little more life.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

FSX

I own FSX Box and Acceleration on Disk so I will be flying that with all my addons as long as I want to. I don't know what the ones on FSX(Steam) will do if they pull the plug on that. Perhaps go to P3DV2 or P3DV3 both of which my computer will run because the FSX stuff is compatible I believe. FS2020 is truly beautiful I agree but when I'm flying in an aircraft that I repainted to and from airports that I created I'm truly a happy simmer.

I'm in.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I own FSX Box and Acceleration on Disk so I will be flying that with all my addons as long as I want to. I don't know what the ones on FSX(Steam) will do if they pull the plug on that. Perhaps go to P3DV2 or P3DV3 both of which my computer will run because the FSX stuff is compatible I believe. FS2020 is truly beautiful I agree but when I'm flying in an aircraft that I repainted to and from airports that I created I'm truly a happy simmer.
    You don't have to perform an online activation? I have the discs as well and it still requires an activation online....can't imagine they would continue with that option when trying to launch their new product....
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yes, the disc version of FSX still requires activation, which for a lot of users (if not most?) has to be done by phone instead of online.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    If they stop selling FSX steam, it will still be available to download anytime, anywhere for everyone that owns it. That's how steam works. Even FSW still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Yes, the disc version of FSX still requires activation, which for a lot of users (if not most?) has to be done by phone instead of online.
    I recently installed a fresh copy (3rd time) of FSX from original discs and didn't have an issue with calling anyone concerning activation.

(Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that for fear that going forward M$ will now be reading my posts...and merely awaiting any new installations!)

World Preview video!

Looking good! Wow NYC!

The graphics look simply amazing. I see them threatening my current PC like it's a Great White Shark; I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Looks pretty amazing!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    The graphics look simply amazing. I see them threatening my current PC like it's a Great White Shark; I'm gonna need a bigger boat.
    That's just it. What sort of PC will it take to run this sim? FSX was stunning when it was released, but the minimum requirements made for a visually bland experience and it was some time before PC hardware caught up well enough to actually allow the sim to run with nice, but not full, graphic goodies.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looking like it's going to take one of those computers in the basement of the Pentagon to run that scenery without the slightest hiccup. I'll settle for MS giving us FSX folks our worldwide weather link back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Thank you..!
    A lot of detailed system information with more jaw dropping in sim scenery.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

What About All of My Third-Party Aircraft?

Microsoft is incorporating a legacy mode that it expects will provide near-complete backward compatibility, so those of us who have huge libraries of old favorites won’t be starting entirely from scratch. In addition, Microsoft is committed to providing a software development kit (SDK) with the product at launch that will give developers the tools they need to build add-ons, though they caution that it is something that will be polished and expanded through post-launch updates. In other news for add-on aircraft builders, every parameter is now exposed in plain text, with no more binaries. This means it’s going to be easier than ever to create high-quality add-on aircraft, or to tinker with the ones you already have. For those who like emulating glass cockpits, those displays are fully programmable based on straightforward coding instead of a library of animations, and support things like touch screens and synthetic vision.

While the team is currently evaluating something like an in-sim store for supplemental content, there will be no requirements to use it, and no restrictions of any kind on downloading freeware or payware add-ons from other sources.

Not much response yet to these mindblowing videos..... ( thanks guys! ).
    I suppose everybody is blown away, speechless or looking for their socks or jaws

One of my favourite snippets (put it in a loop and watch it for an hour or so) :

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi...20Dash.mp4?_=2

Here's an article by former Aces member Hal Bryan:

http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/?fbclid=IwAR0dYUMkYaBXH04K2Ua8OopuxV5Ru-SHWBewVEzcqfCKBeLpxdy-hHgXxoc

AFAIK nothing about ATC or AI sofar...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Not much response yet to these mindblowing videos..... ( thanks guys! ).
    I suppose everybody is blown away, speechless or looking for their socks or jaws

One of my favourite snippets (put it in a loop and watch it for an hour or so) :

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi...20Dash.mp4?_=2

Here's an article by former Aces member Hal Bryan:

http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/?fbclid=IwAR0dYUMkYaBXH04K2Ua8OopuxV5Ru-SHWBewVEzcqfCKBeLpxdy-hHgXxoc

AFAIK nothing about ATC or AI sofar...
    That quote I post was from Hal. I forgot the source link.

It's going crazy over at Avsim! Pretty much dead here.

I wonder if anyone has seen the file structure yet. There is a good chance I'll be developing FDEs for one of the payware companies and I'd love to know more about the flight model build process.

Is it time to say goodbye to AirEd? If it is what's next?

I just finished watching that FlightChops video. Was going to post it here but Pam beat me to it. Looks pretty good! I didn't understand the scenery discussion. Sounds like we will need an Internet connection to see pretty scenery. Hopefully not a super fast one.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I just finished watching that FlightChops video. Was going to post it here but Pam beat me to it. Looks pretty good! I didn't understand the scenery discussion. Sounds like we will need an Internet connection to see pretty scenery. Hopefully not a super fast one.
    From Hal Bryan's article:

"The scenery is built on Bing satellite and aerial imagery, augmented with cool buzzwordy stuff like photogrammetric 3D modeling and multiple other data sources, all of which is streamed via Microsoft’s Azure cloud service. Yes, the word streaming means you’ll need an internet connection, but you can download and pre-cache scenery areas for offline use, or even fly in a fully offline mode".

"The computers were described as upper-, but not top-, end machines with GeForce RTX video cards, and the internet connection feeding the scenery tested out at about 25 megabits"..

25 megabits is equal to 3.126 Megabytes.

-RobM..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has seen the file structure yet. There is a good chance I'll be developing FDEs for one of the payware companies and I'd love to know more about the flight model build process.

Is it time to say goodbye to AirEd? If it is what's next?
    Thats been my question since i got myfirst sniff of it a few weeks ago. sadly, theres been an nda in place thats kept a gag on it all till today. One thing i'm certain of is that they're out to beat down x-plane 11 in some aspects while maintaining that fun feeling fsx always had.

Members who have read this thread: 0