Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019 - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 280

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

  1. #151
    This got thinking about the Xbox side of flight simulation and maybe the reason MS want this new MSFS. US military are sure insterested!
    Can you imagine a MS Combat flight sim using next gen flight sim!


    Ace Combat 7 is part of the Ace Combat series of flight arcade action games. The game was released earlier this year for Xbox One and PlayStation.


    "Discover the glory of being an elite fighter pilot. Become an Ace pilot by taking down enemies through tactical dogfighting while experiencing the exhilaration of flying freely in a fully immersive world," the game's PlayStation description states.


    The game allows a player to select and customize his or her aircraft. Choices include a range of single and twin-engine jets, plus fifth-generation fighters such as the F-22 Raptor, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and the YF-23, which never made it into production.


    Players can also choose, or "unlock" various weapons to use in battle.


    The event should last 30 to 45 minutes, and will be livestreamed on Twitch.tv at www.twitch.tv/ACCplays, on June 29 at 1 p.m. EST, according to the command. While the audience can't play along, a moderator will collect the questions as viewers watch them play on Xbox One.


    Air Combat Command said the event is intended to engage the 18-to-35 demographic.


    "Based on our research, a large portion of individuals in this age group either play video games are aware of, or have seen someone stream a video game on Twitch," ACC said. "This platform provides a new tool for us to engage and have discussions on key ACC priorities. The interview format during the game is very informal and casual."


    The event comes as the Air Force looks for new ways to elevate interest in pilot training. That includes the service's new experimental program, Pilot Training Next -- a program based in Austin, Texas, that tests whether pilots can learn faster to expedite the training pipeline.


    Outgoing Air Education and Training Command Commander Lt. Gen. Steven Kwast recently told Military.com the service sees value in finding prospective recruits in virtual-gaming communities.


    "We can start [by] recruiting excellence," Kwast said.


    Holmes additionally said ACC is starting to look at using more virtual reality and simulation training.


    Using the low-cost immersive environment of virtual reality together with "competency-based learning," and moving graduate-level skill testing earlier into the training model, "would experience our pilots much faster," Holmes said during a May interview.

    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...orce_190702.nl





  2. #152
    Saw this posted elsewhere and it amazing tech possible for MSFS. 400+ cities in the data base!






  3. #153

    July 11th, 2019 – Development Update

    As the team enters the dog days of summer, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on many of the big updates we’re planning to share toward the end of summer. Our excitement continues to build, as does our impatience to share this information with you. So we press forward counting down the days until we can open the hangar doors and dive into the details with you.


    There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates.


    In the meantime, here’s a work-in-progress screenshot, and confirmation that the Insider Program will be starting in early August as part of our development roadmap kickoff.


    On July 25th, we will be releasing another update on our plans for August and September. Until next time, know that the team is excited and anxious to share more information with you.


    Sincerely,

    The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team






  4. #154
    Wow!

    That looks like the Robin we saw in the trailer video.

    A DR400 maybe. Anyway, it looks fantastic.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Wow!

    That looks like the Robin we saw in the trailer video.

    A DR400 maybe. Anyway, it looks fantastic.
    Looks like your right, the file name is...

    https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/CockpitDR400_3.png





  6. #156
    I wonder what computer specs we will need to run this?



    Ian

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I wonder what computer specs we will need to run this?



    Ian
    There's been a hefty amount of 'discussion' if one can call it that (by the way it's moderated) - over on another forum.

    I really believe it's a wait and see - after all, we could be pleasantly surprised what with optimised code, etc.

    MS should publish minimum specs and preferred specs soon enough.

    My rig is pretty new so I'm definitely waiting and not rushing out to purchase a load of new components just because it looks like it might need a Cray to run.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

  8. #158
    I don't want be controversial here but.... I'm having a very close look at that VC instrument panel and I think it's a real life photo. Looking closely at the screw heads and 'patiner" . If I am mistaken then this is "as real as it gets " !

  9. #159
    No, not a photograph. With careful modeling and the use of the new tech, more powerful paint software such as Substance Painter, it is more than possible to achieve very realistic effects like this. What it comes down to is just how and how well the simulator engine can render the results. P3D, sadly, still has a way to go with its rendering of PBR. The new one from MS looks to be using a far more advanced engine using far more of the available channels. Selectable depth of field is possible on quite a few modern computer games.

    One clue, if you look closely at the knobs in the pic, you will see identical lighting and effects, a sure sign of cloned geometry.

  10. #160
    I particularly like the depth of the gauges. Glass, then indicators and needles above the painted gauge faces. Intensive modeling and PBR, real world light rendering. Ray tracing will add another layer, but all of this comes at price when considering systems/hardware. That's all fine and the ability to choose a platform to suit one's needs is a luxury we never had before.

    After watching the video, most of my questions were answered. The Unity engine is the heart and soul with 3D modeling covering a significant number of large cities. The trailer is tantalizing, but I'll need to see the sim in real time to make an intelligent evaluation. Overall I am anticipating a large part of the globe very much like some form of photoreal, possibly with autogen vegetation? Will stay tuned.......
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

  11. #161
    Members + Mako8841's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Originally from Miami, FL
    Age
    64
    Posts
    124

    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

    After over 37 years with MSFS, this is almost too good to be true. Been waiting since 2006 for an upgrade. And WOW! Look at MSFS now. Makes any other flight sim look like a toy. I hope addons, and Flight Sim companies can offer sceneries, and aircraft like they've done for FSX. And I hope my rig can handle the new game. I'm getting old, I hope they don't drag their feet. I really can't wait! Hope also the price is right too... Well, we'll see... Thanks Microsoft!

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    No, not a photograph. With careful modeling and the use of the new tech, more powerful paint software such as Substance Painter, it is more than possible to achieve very realistic effects like this. What it comes down to is just how and how well the simulator engine can render the results. P3D, sadly, still has a way to go with its rendering of PBR. The new one from MS looks to be using a far more advanced engine using far more of the available channels. Selectable depth of field is possible on quite a few modern computer games. One clue, if you look closely at the knobs in the pic, you will see identical lighting and effects, a sure sign of cloned geometry.
    Well, in that case - it's amazing !! - thanks

  13. #163
    It looks also that the new sim will use ray tracing (RTX GPU) so here is the reason too why the VC looks soo good ;D. Cant wait simply!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  14. #164
    It gives me an excuse to buy an RTX card end of next year or earlier!





  15. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    It gives me an excuse to buy an RTX card end of next year or earlier!
    It will be nice if the new FS20 will use DLSS antyaliasing technique ( https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...-rtx,5870.html ) what is have influence for performance.
    I used it in Metro Exodus and the first time I leaved it (blurry effect) but after few patches near no any differences and it was an big boost for FPS.

    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by gman5250 View Post
    I particularly like the depth of the gauges. Glass, then indicators and needles above the painted gauge faces. Intensive modeling and PBR, real world light rendering. Ray tracing will add another layer, but all of this comes at price when considering systems/hardware. That's all fine and the ability to choose a platform to suit one's needs is a luxury we never had before.

    After watching the video, most of my questions were answered. The Unity engine is the heart and soul with 3D modeling covering a significant number of large cities. The trailer is tantalizing, but I'll need to see the sim in real time to make an intelligent evaluation. Overall I am anticipating a large part of the globe very much like some form of photoreal, possibly with autogen vegetation? Will stay tuned.......
    gman - If it is Unity Engine - I keep seeing here and there that Track IR isn't supported by Unity - or is it Unreal Engine (RTX) - I'm not sure which.
    That would be a major upset for me as I don't think I could fly without it - got so used to it.
    Do you know for definite either way?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

  17. #167
    Does this mean we will NOT see Ray-Tracing if our card is NOT a RTX ? I just had a look at the price of the RTX 2080 TI ...woow ... things are getting serious !

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Does this mean we will NOT see Ray-Tracing if our card is NOT a RTX ? I just had a look at the price of the RTX 2080 TI ...woow ... things are getting serious !
    My understanding yes RT is only available with the 2000 series of GTX cards

    But no point get bent out shape yet, no one knows what the end product will be or require, there will be enough time between now and then for hardware to drop in prices

    If this is the so called silver bullet everyone is counting on, its like anything, sit back and wait a few years for the so called 3rd party developers to start releasing addon if it does have an open SDK, that will give you a few yrs to save up and get new hardware opposed to jumping staright in with your wallet only to find its juiced up version of ms flight

    So far everything is based on speculation and tiny snippets of infomation.

    You have plenty of time
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar

    AUSTRALIA

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    I don't want be controversial here but.... I'm having a very close look at that VC instrument panel and I think it's a real life photo. Looking closely at the screw heads and 'patiner" . If I am mistaken then this is "as real as it gets " !

    Go in really tight and you can see it's modelled.
    I really like the detail - like each screw head is in a slightly different position

    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

  20. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    gman - If it is Unity Engine - I keep seeing here and there that Track IR isn't supported by Unity - or is it Unreal Engine (RTX) - I'm not sure which.
    That would be a major upset for me as I don't think I could fly without it - got so used to it.
    Do you know for definite either way?
    It is Unity, and I am not sure about TrackIR support. I would imagine that this issue would be dealt with somewhere in the process though. I'm with you though, I fly TrackIR 99% of the time but blend it with ChasePlane cameras/head tracking enabled. Great for video.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    My understanding yes RT is only available with the 2000 series of GTX cards
    It's also available for the 1000 series cards with the latest drivers. However, it's a software implementation and is painfully slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by gman5250 View Post
    It is Unity, and I am not sure about TrackIR support.
    Are you saying that the new MSFS is going to be Unity-based or just that Unity doesn't support TrackIR? If the former, how do you know this?

  22. #172
    There was support for Tracker IR for Unity 64bit so there shouldn't be a problem for MS or Unity to update the .dll.
    I'm sure this will be answered once the beta is open and or MSFS forum.

    Reference:

    https://unitylist.com/p/5yk/Unity-Track-IR-Plugin-DLL





  23. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    It's also available for the 1000 series cards with the latest drivers. However, it's a software implementation and is painfully slow....Are you saying that the new MSFS is going to be Unity-based or just that Unity doesn't support TrackIR? If the former, how do you know this?
    Great to see that I can test drive raytracing with my existing card. Not ready to take the plunge into RTX cards until second or third generation. BTW, I did that latest driver update with the RT feature. Nothing blew up...that's always a plus.

    Yeah, I got the Unity information from the video interview posted above. Also a few other bits that made me a bit apprehensive i.e. inviting Azure AI into the right seat. My last tech experience with MS didn't work out too well.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

  24. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    It gives me an excuse to buy an RTX card end of next year or earlier!
    Wait for the next year, NVidia will have the new GPU (better than RTX2080Ti) or wait for better price when new RTX will come .

    Quote Originally Posted by gman5250 View Post
    It is Unity, and I am not sure about TrackIR support...
    I hope it will support, Track IR = VR also and its the necessity.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by gman5250 View Post
    It is Unity, and I am not sure about TrackIR support. I would imagine that this issue would be dealt with somewhere in the process though. I'm with you though, I fly TrackIR 99% of the time but blend it with ChasePlane cameras/head tracking enabled. Great for video.
    Thanks Gman, good to know we're all watching developments.
    I've really got in to your PBR discussions - reckon this is prime territory for you coming up and looking forward to flying in your Created Spaces!
    Also, so glad you've been able to largely put the terrible HDD loss behind you without too much pain.
    Nice one man. Peace.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •