Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019 - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

While that would be my preference method to have it installed locally, that doesn't sound like an option. Sounds like it's too large a database to install locally...but here's hoping.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I think the game is installed locally, the scenery will be downloaded on the fly. Like that Google earth add on for FSX, forgot the name. But let’s see, it’s pretty exciting times.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    I think it's a moot point. ESP won't be involved with any luck. Brand new coding, etc.
    But it would still be competition to the new product so MS lawyers may feel the P3D EULA should be more rigorously enforced.

Excellent new from Microsoft Flight sim web page! Can't wait to see what the roadmap in August!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

From FB webpage.

Some news from Microsoft about their new simulator!
    ‘On behalf of the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator team, we humbly and deeply express our gratitude for such an overwhelmingly positive response to our announce trailer! We recognize that without people like you, we don’t get to make experiences like this that span more than 35 years and maintain such a passionate following. Thank you for being patient enough to weather the turbulence caused by some of our previous missteps. Thank you for being willing to look to the possibilities of the future while asking us to be accountable for the past. We hear you, we value you, we want to make the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator for you, with you.
    While this is not the moment to answer every question being asked, we do want to take the opportunity to answer a few important ones:
    We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
    Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
    Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
    Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
    Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
    Over the next few months, we will be communicating our plans for the rest of the year, including important updates to the Preview Build/Insider Programs, and important development beats. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the community starts with transparency and clearly communicated expectations. Early August is our current timeline for kicking off the communication of the development roadmap. We will continue to add clarity to this timeline throughout the summer. If you’d like the latest updates, please make sure to sign up for the Insider Program.
    This is just the first step in an adventure we are honored and excited to be taking with all of you. The reaction we received from our recent trailer was an incredible reminder that we are not alone in this passion we have for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, honestly expressing your feedback and concerns, and for taking this next step with us.
    From all of us here working on Microsoft Flight Simulator:
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Le Monde, the French newspaper, in an article about games at E3 in Los Angeles said that the new MSFS is being developed by ASOBO Studio, a French games company.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Le Monde, the French newspaper, in an article about games at E3 in Los Angeles said that the new MSFS is being developed by ASOBO Studio, a French games company.

Here's one of their projects...

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    But it would still be competition to the new product so MS lawyers may feel the P3D EULA should be more rigorously enforced.
    I really, really don't think there will be any concern here. For P3D to be a problem for Microsoft sales, people would have to know about it. No offense intended to anyone, but the flight simulation community here (not just SOH, in general) is negligibly small compared to the business they are after. Vocal, but small.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Here's one of their projects...

Cool, nice find, looks.... interesting.....

Also likely the more likely customer Microsoft will be seeing and will need to target at least to some degree.

Be that as it may, I still have great hopes that they'll keep to their word on "Simulator" and include at least the ability to add a lot more complexity a lot more easily than we can see today (flight models, systems, etc) in aircraft creation for FSX.

A very insightful analysis/breakdown of the trailer by Kevin Miller:

One of the things I've been wondering about lately, is if this sim is vastly or all satellite imagery based, what is the likelihood that seasons are or aren't included?

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Great link....analysis from a former FSX "ACES" team member for anyone who isn't familiar with Kevin.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

His takes on procedural textures on the aircraft at the end, that I don’t buy. More likely a mix of bump mapping with PBR. Other than that it was great.

One of the things I've been wondering about lately, is if this sim is vastly or all satellite imagery based, what is the likelihood that seasons are or aren't included?
    Difficult to say, it could be done through shaders rather than textures. Which would also eliminate a texture set for all seasons and by that folder size.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Obviously a skilled and knowledgeable guy, but the plane that he described as "his" project had the graphic "EXPERIMENTAL" misspelled on it.

So Gibbage can’t spell? Wow. If I had a history like his in FS, IL2, etc etc development, I wouldn’t let that bother me one little bit.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I live in a town with a population of 30,000 in Cali and didn't expect to see any great detail. Usually, I see flat maps, but I thought I would check out Google Earth flight sim and was impressed. If MFS can do this I'm sold!

This pic is my neighborhood and although there are some flat cars due to motion I suppose but some are 3d. Even can read the STOP painted on the road.

This one is my local Air Museum and the detail of the aircraft are quite good. Only the tails have issues and the altitude was 700ft.

I live in a town with a population of 30,000 in Cali and didn't expect to see any great detail. Usually, I see flat maps, but I thought I would check out Google Earth flight sim and was impressed. If MFS can do this I'm sold!

This pic is my neighborhood and although there are some flat cars due to motion I suppose but some are 3d. Even can read the STOP painted on the road.

This one is my local Air Museum and the detail of the aircraft are quite good. Only the tails have issues and the altitude was 700ft.

That looks to be Castle AFB museum- Former SAC Base (Decommed Brac '95)
    Nice collection of Aircraft. Were you stationed there?
    Sad to see former base buildings in disrepair.
    https://www.castleairmuseum.org/

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    That looks to be Castle AFB museum- Former SAC Base (Decommed Brac '95)
    Nice collection of Aircraft.
    Some very interesting aircraft in that place, but best of all, if I got the chance to visit, is an Avro Vulcan!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The B-47 was restored to flying status when I was stationed at Castle AFB. We did the restoration of the ejections seats in our shop (EGRESS). We also did the work on the D model B-52 system. Some of the parts from the Vulcan were also used I guess for the one that use to fly.

The large building was the military hospital, but currently a civilian hospital my family goes to.

Purpose of the drag chute was to keep the jet engines to maintain high power setting in the event of a go-around.

https://www.facebook.com/claiaa/posts/717113534993703
    Last edited by TuFun; June 27th, 2019 at 14:53.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Yes, sad to see the disrepair that has happened. Sad to see acres of empty concrete which used to be filled with bombers and tankers. Some lost memories there.

the museum is well worth a visit, just be sure you bring mosquito repellent!

Excellent new from Microsoft Flight sim web page! Can't wait to see what the roadmap in August!!!
    By definition of the EULA, there is no competition. Microsoft did not create the terms of the sale lightly. They clearly left the door open for this to happen.

This just in from someone well respected in the flight sim community.

https://youtu.be/HbTSy409BjY
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

After seeing that I'm sold on MFS 2020! Forget about the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    This just in from someone well respected in the flight sim community.

https://youtu.be/HbTSy409BjY
    It's his second shot. He pulled the first one because it got so much criticism. Not sure why he's taking such a negative view of what could, potentially, be such a game-changing product.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    It's his second shot. He pulled the first one because it got so much criticism. Not sure why he's taking such a negative view of what could, potentially, be such a game-changing product.
    Maybe some business investment into a current platform, otherwise his negative attitude does not make sense.

Also he says FSX Acc was a paid patch/fixes for the main game, completely ignoring SP1 and SP2 which were the patches/fixes and they were free. The whole video has a negative spin to smudge MS and their efforts. Clearly he favors X-Plane.

Members who have read this thread: 0