Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019 - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

Blog Entries
    best i can do is 2.4, and i've only got a 1070. this is either going to be real interesting, or real frustrating..

So it will be Subscription based and No VR Support at launch?

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    It's going crazy over at Avsim! Pretty much dead here.
    Yeah, we had some good fights and name calling going on early this morning about VR vs NO VR! Had to put some people outta their misery!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

[QUOTE=MrZippy;1198244]Yeah, we had some good fights and name calling going on early this morning about VR vs NO VR! Had to put some people outta their misery![/QUOTE\]
    I'll behave I promise....I've already been beheaded on YouTube for expressing my opinion

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I just finished watching that FlightChops video. Was going to post it here but Pam beat me to it. Looks pretty good! I didn't understand the scenery discussion. Sounds like we will need an Internet connection to see pretty scenery. Hopefully not a super fast one.
    If you have a VR headset try Google Earth VR, I think it works a bit like the fully 3D areas in that. If so I hope its a better implimentation of it as GEVR looks good from a short distance or higher but falls apart badly when you get down to ground level.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    best i can do is 2.4, and i've only got a 1070. this is either going to be real interesting, or real frustrating..
    I wouldn't worry too much about that yet. I assume that speed was for the purpose of the viewing demonstration, with all sim sliders
    and detail maxed. The article also didn't say what monitor resolution was being fed. I assume the final product will allow some kind
    of resolution adjustment and internet speed download, like Netflix, where you can choose non-HD, HD, or Ultra HD play resolutions.

As far as pricing goes, the article says MS hasn't decided yet, Certainly with a cloud based system, they can offer all sorts of payment
    options. Maybe a full purchase price option, but with a lease to own subscription option for those on limited income. Maybe they could
    even offer a free subscription, but with commercials every so often .

I just wonder how you would install third party products, including repaints, on a cloud based system, unless they were offered like
    apps through an MS store. I also wonder what would happen if the sim got really popular, and I was trying to sign into the cloud
    along with thousands, or even 10's of thousands, of other simmers all at the same time.

Anyway, for me, it's still way too early to get excited about, even with all the wonderful high res videos. I've still got lots of planes
    to fly and places to visit yet in P3Dv4. And right now, P3Dv4 is working very well and looking very good for me.

-RobM

Nothing but flying with sights and sounds of the aircraft. Finally aircraft with self-reflectons!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview - Episode 1:

World and Weather

Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview - Episode 2: Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Premieres Oct 1, 2019

Seems the 2D panel is no more. Expect cries of oy vey iz mir and the old Chopin in the background!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Frooglesim gives a really good look under the hood, answers a lot of questions for me. Lots of mind numbing MS official pre-alpha footage. If this is pre-alpha, I can only imagine what the release will be like.

Last edited by gman5250; October 1st, 2019 at 05:45.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about that yet. I assume that speed was for the purpose of the viewing demonstration, with all sim sliders
    and detail maxed. The article also didn't say what monitor resolution was being fed. I assume the final product will allow some kind
    of resolution adjustment and internet speed download, like Netflix, where you can choose non-HD, HD, or Ultra HD play resolutions.

As far as pricing goes, the article says MS hasn't decided yet, Certainly with a cloud based system, they can offer all sorts of payment
    options. Maybe a full purchase price option, but with a lease to own subscription option for those on limited income. Maybe they could
    even offer a free subscription, but with commercials every so often .

I just wonder how you would install third party products, including repaints, on a cloud based system, unless they were offered like
    apps through an MS store. I also wonder what would happen if the sim got really popular, and I was trying to sign into the cloud
    along with thousands, or even 10's of thousands, of other simmers all at the same time.

Anyway, for me, it's still way too early to get excited about, even with all the wonderful high res videos. I've still got lots of planes
    to fly and places to visit yet in P3Dv4. And right now, P3Dv4 is working very well and looking very good for me.

-RobM
    It was said that the resolution shown was 4k! So, how hany of us have 4k GPU's & monitors?
    Also, as far as backward compatibility, it was stated that FSX planes have a single point 'surface' area, compared to a 1000 points per surface of the new aircraft.
    It was said that the new planes will have far better stall caractoristics where a wing can stall before the other, & even touching a cloud with a single wing will affect the aircraft.

So, do we really want to use our old planes?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Personally, I'm ready for the new world. A fresh start. Just visually, it's time. If you haven't listened to Froogle's latest video...do! He goes through all his notes from the time spent at MS. It's head spinning what has been done.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

This sim will be the best one out there, with significant distance from second. And it's totally new, from ground up.
    Not another FSX version as the case was with Dovetail's sim or P3D.
    It's not just the virtual environment that is jaw dropping. it's the new Flying dynamics also. When you get a sim
    where planes stall & stall - spin, you know you get some serious Air Dynamics there.
    If you watch at the videos how plane behaves - translates each wind gust it receives in the three axis (yaw, roll, pitch),
    you easily realize that porting over FSX planes "that fly in rails", is like you're trying to downgrade your flying
    experience with the sim. Except in the case that FSX planes can be converted to follow sim's aerodynamics. But still,
    they won't have the PBR visual technology.
    For me, this is a total start from the beginning. And for such a sim, I don't complain. It's turn of the page, end of an era.
    My only concern now is to gather money enough to build a ring that will allow me to enjoy this sim in it's full potential,
    about a year from now. Estimations for release is mid 2020.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Seems the 2D panel is no more. Expect cries of oy vey iz mir and the old Chopin in the background!
    Per a new interview with developers at Flightsim, no 2D panel but there is a mode that gives you a 2D like experience with all the 3D benefits of shadows and environmental effects, plus zoom and pan if you wish.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview - Episode 2:

Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Using FSX code and explain why!

Lightbulb AVSim Interview with MSF TEAM

Very informative of MSFS. Click on the interview for the audio file.

https://www.avsim.com/home/pri-news/...or-team-r5405/
    Last edited by TuFun; October 1st, 2019 at 20:37.

Lightbulb Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview - Episode 3:

Community Engagement

Well, I've signed up with MS to become some a tester. I guess that will be up to them as to what kind of a tester I will be. Who knows if I will be chosen to give feedback on anything. It all remains to be seen. All very secret.

In case anyone wants to watch more videos here is the one by the Three Grumpy Simmers who MS flew out from Europe, Australia, and eastern US for the mid-September weekend.
    Lots of questions answered and much speculation put to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDw524Nj9E

Peek at the menu!

More info about not requiring a super computer to run MSFS.

Starts at 23:28

https://www.flightsim.com/images/fea...view_AUDIO.m4a

I'm interested in seeing how we will get our 3D content into the sim. Such as, will the exporter for plane models now work with Blender and other 3D software, or will everything still have to be filtered through either 3DSMax, GMax, or 3DS?

Is it going to have seasons? I haven't seen any snow in there yet, but if it's as good as the rain, it will be something to see.

Also, how will we modify the terrain if we would like to add in old airports that no longer exist? I would love to see one of the 3rd party teams make a "Golden Age" of aviation add-on for this, like was done for FSX. That's where I think using Bing will be a liability, but we'll see.

Having said that, just like Froogle, I've been blown away, no pun intended, by what I've seen from the team so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how we will get our 3D content into the sim. Such as, will the exporter for plane models now work with Blender and other 3D software, or will everything still have to be filtered through either 3DSMax, GMax, or 3DS?
    One option you can forget is Gmax - Autodesk buried that possibility a decade or more ago. You’ll have to pray there’s an option for Blender or similar.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    The devs have spoken much about how they're making it easier to get models into the sim - I would hope that they'll do so via something fairly universal in the SDK, a sort of ModelConverterX built into the program. Hard to know though. It's reassuring that they're clearly thinking about how best to support third-party devs and backwards compatibility options, keeping my fingers crossed that when the sim surfaces they'll have something in there to help us all out.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I understand it might be possible to "port" or "convert" some FSX (or P3D?) models to the new sim... But what about the gauges and external modules in 32 bits ? These are not going to be converted automatically, and they probably won't work at all in a 64 bits sim, as we can already see in P3Dv4 today.
    Maybe simpler planes with only XML gauges will be fine. But that's quite a limiting factor nowadays. High quality planes (FSLabs, PMDG, MilViz, VRS etc...) all use complex systems. I'm pessimistic about the probability to see them ported to the new sim...

Members who have read this thread: 0